PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you use your turn signal?

crawfish
7/19/2007, 07:33 AM
Honestly, people. It's not that hard.

SoonerStormchaser
7/19/2007, 07:35 AM
Crawfish, that's my main beef with drivers in Oklahoma and Texas compared to back east...I have gotten into more near-wrecks because the morons don't understand the concept of the turn signal and then cut me off with inches to spare...then they act like it's MY fault.

****ers!

OUinFLA
7/19/2007, 07:41 AM
meh..........down here it's used...........but not to be trusted.

a left blinking can mean, I'm stopping right here in the road.

a left blinking can mean, Im turning right at the next corner.

a left blinking can mean, I died at the wheel after my last turn..... but that often leads to a combination of the first option.

a left blinking can mean, See that space three lanes over? I'm heading that way in one shot.

a left blinking can mean, Im actually turning left at the corner from the right lane, look out.

It's a crap shoot in Florida.

jk the sooner fan
7/19/2007, 07:48 AM
i think there's some sort of magnetic force field here in the dallas area that prevents drivers from using their blinkers

OUDoc
7/19/2007, 07:48 AM
It's none of your business where I'm going. Why are you so interested in me anyway? Pay attention to where you're going, Mister. **** off, dip****.

That about covers it.:)

crawfish
7/19/2007, 07:50 AM
It's none of your business where I'm going. Why are you so interested in me anyway? Pay attention to where you're going, Mister. **** off, dip****.

That about covers it.:)

I always forget an option. :(

OUHOMER
7/19/2007, 07:56 AM
I AM ON MY CELL PHONE THEREFORE MY LEFT HAND IS TO BUSY TO HIT THE BLINKER SWITCH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When i go home i have a clover leaf type exit. it drives me nuts getting on the hwy and there will be 3 or 4 cars getting off. Not one of them will turn on there signal until they are merging if at all.

The other day , i just keep going and made a guy miss his exit. he was talking on his cell phone, no signal, so i just basically got up on his ride side and keep going so he could not merge. he keep going to the next exit. he was flipping me off and i was just laughing at him. Which made him even more ****ed. :D

ChickSoonerFan
7/19/2007, 08:57 AM
I want a bumper sticker that says:

USE YOUR BLINKERS, GOD MADE THEM FOR A REASON

crawfish
7/19/2007, 09:03 AM
Dangit, also forgot the "cell phone" and "makeup" options.

After all, nobody can be expected to do those things and pay attention to the road at the same time. That'd be silly.

Beef
7/19/2007, 09:05 AM
I thought you got a ticket for using your blinkers in Dallas? Am I misinformed?

ChickSoonerFan
7/19/2007, 09:13 AM
we covered make-up last week I think....and of that, I am guilty.

But ONLY at stop lights..............usually. I mean, I can put lipstick on with my eyes closed and no mirror in sight, I can do that while driving, it takes like, 2.5 seconds. No different than taking a drink of coffee or water while driving.

Which reminds me, I was taking a drink of water yesterday and my little one says, "MOM!! you are not supposed to drink and drive!!" :D

Beef
7/19/2007, 09:18 AM
I mean, I can put lipstick on with my eyes closed and no mirror in sight, I can do that while driving, it takes like, 2.5 seconds.
You really shouldn't drive with your eyes closed while putting on lipstick.

ChickSoonerFan
7/19/2007, 09:28 AM
That's the POINT!! my eyes are open, and I do not do mascara while driving, never. Ever. Hardly.

;)

Kidding......I really don't while driving.

SoonerBOI
7/19/2007, 09:49 AM
I thought Cali drivers are rude until I moved to Atlanta.:)

Taxman71
7/19/2007, 10:45 AM
I thought blinkers are to show people what you just did, not what you are about to do?

I turn my blinker on about 100 yards before turning into my addition to keep from getting rear-ended....and the cars behind me still get ticked and whip around me like I am being a jerk for turning into my home and making them change lanes or slow down for 1.5 seconds.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/19/2007, 10:52 AM
Oftentimes, on a highway, if you put your left blinker on, people will hurry up to pass and prevent you from going into the lane to your left.

Boomer.....
7/19/2007, 10:55 AM
I don't use them because I am out of blinker fluid.

MamaMia
7/19/2007, 11:06 AM
I always use my turn signal; my husband on the other hand...:rolleyes:

CUinNC
7/19/2007, 11:13 AM
It's every damm where.....like a disease I tell ya......no-blinking Nimrods

GrapevineSooner
7/19/2007, 11:20 AM
My wife and I will freely admit that we use the turn signal in her Saturn Vue sporadically. But not by choice.

The damn thing has a mind of it's own.

One moment it will work and the next moment it won't. And the mechanic can't duplicate the problem.

Needless to say, Crawfish has probably given my wife a dirty look at least once.

sooner_born_1960
7/19/2007, 11:32 AM
I always use my turn signal; my wife on the other hand...:rolleyes:

mdklatt
7/19/2007, 11:37 AM
Where's the option for "Because every time I signal that I want to change lanes all the ****ers in the other lane speed up"?

:mad:

NormanPride
7/19/2007, 12:27 PM
Because I want to kill you.

crawfish
7/19/2007, 03:55 PM
Needless to say, Crawfish has probably given my wife a dirty look at least once.

Grapevine is the bane of my commute. ;)

p.s. if she's hawt, that was probably a leer. :texan:

reevie
7/19/2007, 03:58 PM
If I am in a turn lane....I expect other drivers to be smart enough to figure out what I'm about to accomplish.

Scott D
7/19/2007, 03:59 PM
I don't use it because I'm trying to fake crawfish out.

crawfish
7/19/2007, 04:04 PM
If I am in a turn lane....I expect other drivers to be smart enough to figure out what I'm about to accomplish.

Don't want to run out of blinker fluid too fast. ;)

Ike
7/19/2007, 04:25 PM
turn signals are for sissys. Up here, you just have to expect every car around you to do the unexpected. If nobody is giving you a space for merging, you just make a space.

7/19/2007, 05:11 PM
Where's the option for "Because every time I signal that I want to change lanes all the ****ers in the other lane speed up"?

:mad:That's post #16.

mdklatt
7/19/2007, 06:08 PM
That's post #16.

Like anybody pays attention to you. ;)

Jerk
7/19/2007, 06:52 PM
When I turn on my blinker to change lanes...

I'm not asking for your permission to come over...rather...

I'm telling you that I am coming over.

OUDoc
7/19/2007, 07:55 PM

Yeah, well, I can't hear you. And when you're spending your free Saturday hosing my remains off your rear tires, I'll have the last laugh.

goingoneight
7/19/2007, 07:59 PM
I do everytime unless I'm pulling into a driveway in a neigborhood, or backing out or something ridiculous like that. What ****es me off most... the types who speed at all times and weave in and out of lanes never once using their signals. There's a reason why they're called 'speed limits' and 'turn indicators.' :mad:

olevetonahill
7/19/2007, 08:06 PM
Learn to drive and you wont worry about Folks turning In front Of you !
You will be the leader of the pack .

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 08:24 PM

heh, you sure you're not a Bus driver over here????

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 08:26 PM
I sporadically use mine. In Houston/Dallas it was just an invitation for the other person to speed up so I couldn't merge.

Here, home of the cut off driver, well, I use it in the turn lane, or in lanes that are turn or straight. Sometimes I use it in traffic, but frankly it's just easier to follow local custom - cut off the other driver, then flash the hazards a couple times as a apology :D.

olevetonahill
7/19/2007, 08:55 PM
I use Mine to confuse Yall.

7/19/2007, 11:37 PM
Like anybody pays attention to you. ;)You, of all people, SHOULD!

Fraggle145
7/20/2007, 12:14 AM
What's the only thing that you know for sure when you see someone else's turn signal?

It works. YWIA

VeeJay
7/20/2007, 01:47 AM
Overuse of the blinker contributes to global warming.

Think of the planet, people.

Okieflyer
7/20/2007, 07:12 AM

Ahhh, the "Turn Enabler".

Driving Dictionary Thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85998)

Petro-Sooner
7/20/2007, 11:56 AM
This may be my biggest pet peeve. PLEASE people, use your blinker.

OUDoc
7/20/2007, 12:22 PM
This may be my biggest pet peeve. PLEASE people, use your blinker.
Mine is high oil prices. ;)

Petro-Sooner
7/20/2007, 12:24 PM
:texan:

crawfish
8/27/2008, 12:25 PM
Bumped for today's road rage theme. :)

badger
8/27/2008, 12:36 PM
The times I don't do it I either forget or am not sure if I should turn or not - I go to a lot of mystery locations.

crawfish
8/27/2008, 12:40 PM
so, I'm driving behind the car yesterday doing 20 in a 35 mph zone. No passing, so I'm behind them for a few minutes. Finally, they speed up all of a sudden to 35, I'm happy they finally got a clue...and BAM! Slam on the brakes, right turn with no signal. I almost rear-ended them.

mdklatt
8/27/2008, 12:43 PM
Slam on the brakes, right turn with no signal. I almost rear-ended them.

Maybe they were on the way to a "mystery location".

badger
8/27/2008, 01:04 PM
haha, my only guide is mapquest to a lot of these places, and let me tell you, it is NOT a very good guide. I usually do pull over a little to let cars behind me pass if I am in turning mode. The country road signs that give the street names are just getting tinier every year, man. I blame this bright monitor screen :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/27/2008, 02:15 PM
You forgot "Because I am a Texan and don't have to!"

kbsooner21
8/28/2008, 12:30 AM
Dangit, also forgot the "cell phone" and "makeup" options.

After all, nobody can be expected to do those things and pay attention to the road at the same time. That'd be silly.

It's definitely no Frankensooner pole :D

Hot Rod
8/28/2008, 08:42 AM
so, I'm driving behind the car yesterday doing 20 in a 35 mph zone. No passing, so I'm behind them for a few minutes. Finally, they speed up all of a sudden to 35, I'm happy they finally got a clue...and BAM! Slam on the brakes, right turn with no signal. I almost rear-ended them.

I appreciate the moron in the middle lane that suddenly "forgot" their exit, dropped down to about 30 mph hour to cut into the right lane to make their exit. If you can't make your exit, then don't slow down the world for your mistake!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/28/2008, 12:59 PM
I appreciate the moron in the middle lane that suddenly "forgot" their exit, dropped down to about 30 mph hour to cut into the right lane to make their exit. If you can't make your exit, then don't slow down the world for your mistake!

Oh, that aggrivates me too!!! I want an old 1972 Pontiac boat and just ram those idiots that do that!

soonerbrat
8/28/2008, 01:29 PM
i hate the clicky noise. and i'm too lazy.

pergdaddy
8/28/2008, 02:01 PM
Well, you are asking people to make a split second decision among with the responses possible are: (1) put turn signal on (2) pick up my Big Mac (3) answer cell phone (4) put on make up (5) pick my nose (6) play with the radio.

Guess what, option #1 will not be selected but maybe .5% of the time.

pergdaddy
8/28/2008, 02:03 PM
Maybe the ones not using turn signals are part of Obamanation and they are on scouting missions to rid their world of the middle class?

OK, maybe not.

I'm tired.

tbl
8/28/2008, 03:27 PM
I refuse to vote in this poll, as there is no option for those of us that are avid signal users. Its such a habit I do it in parking lots.

BigRedJed
8/28/2008, 03:45 PM
Me too. I just picked random answers for the vCash.

Sooner_Bob
8/28/2008, 04:07 PM
Bumped for today's road rage theme. :)

The train that runs through Edmond between 7:45 and 8:15 am is really starting to hack me off.