PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline in a diesel engine

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2007, 04:33 PM
The other day my coworker filled up his truck. It immediatley began running very rough. I was with him when he filled up and I did notice that the handle on the pump was green.

Today the Ford place said that his tank was filled with unleaded and not diesel. He didn't keep his reciept. He called the gas card company and they were only able to tell him the dollar amount and gallons of fuel purchased.

He said that the price came to $2.86/gal when he figured it up. I tried to find a phone number for the Mobil station but couldn't. I did call a gas station near the one we filled up at and they are selling gasoline for $2.80/gal and diesel for $2.85.

How does he make the Mobil station pay for the costs he has incurred because their diesel tank is filled with unleaded?

royalfan5
7/18/2007, 04:36 PM
Threaten legal action?

critical_phil
7/18/2007, 04:39 PM
take a whizz in their slushy machine.

ywia.

Boomer.....
7/18/2007, 04:41 PM
If it was a problem with their pumps switching the gas and diesel then they should have other complaints about it.

Jerk
7/18/2007, 05:34 PM
If it was a problem with their pumps switching the gas and diesel then they should have other complaints about it.
I betchya what happened is that the gasoline tanker trucker unloaded into the wrong hole in the ground. Yeah, there should be other compaints. I also would wager on a paperwork nightmare by the companies involved because they will have to pump the contanimated fuel out of the ground and do something with it. They can't just dump it in the river. The gas station might try and blow you off :eek: but they aren't going to be able to hide this one. I'd get an attorney involved.

Jimminy Crimson
7/18/2007, 09:26 PM
The price indicates he paid for diesel.

Blow up the gas station in question. It'd be fun to watch.

slickdawg
7/18/2007, 09:32 PM
Go to the station, ask to use their phone, call the FBI and threaten to blow up a building from their phone.

rufnek05
7/18/2007, 09:43 PM
i like the slushy machine idea.

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 02:12 AM
I would just call the station.

I worked at a store in Norman and we got some contaminated gas in, a couple customers had their cars die on them and ended up calling us about it so we shut down the fuel service, and paid their repair bills...

1stTimeCaller
7/19/2007, 06:22 AM
we can't find the station's phone number. I think he's going to stop by there when this job's over on his way home.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/19/2007, 09:59 AM
I would call the local mobil / exxon distributor or Exxon Fuels Marketing. They need to know about the cross contamination issue. Where is this located?

1stTimeCaller
7/19/2007, 10:02 AM
Conway, Arkansas. Just off of I-40 at exit 125.

critical_phil
7/19/2007, 12:53 PM
Conway, Arkansas. Just off of I-40 at exit 125.

near Toad Suck park?