PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jones

soonersweetie
7/18/2007, 03:39 PM
I found this on the Fox Sports website a few moments ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7011378?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10239

8. Brandon Jones, WR, Titans: When Drew Bennett signed with the Rams and Travis Henry left for Denver — most NFL fans assumed Tennessee would go out and bring in a big free-agent signing on the offensive side of the ball. A playmaker for Vince Young. Who'd they acquire? Well, Justin Gage. Hmm ... not exactly Jerry Rice. One of the reasons Tennessee stayed relatively quiet was their comfort at the wideout spot with who they already had on the roster. The likely No. 1 target? Mr. Jones. The former Oklahoma Sooner only had 27 receptions last season, but showed some real flashes. In the Titans' Week 16 win over Buffalo, Jones grabbed five balls for 101 yards and scored a touchdown. Tennessee drafted three wide receivers in April. Each rookie should get some touches. But Young-to-Jones should be the go-to combination in '07.

Who would have ever thought Young to Jones would be the "go to" combination?

Glad to see Brandon is doing well.

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 04:03 PM
I found this on the Fox Sports website a few moments ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7011378?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10239

8. Brandon Jones, WR, Titans: When Drew Bennett signed with the Rams and Travis Henry left for Denver — most NFL fans assumed Tennessee would go out and bring in a big free-agent signing on the offensive side of the ball. A playmaker for Vince Young. Who'd they acquire? Well, Justin Gage. Hmm ... not exactly Jerry Rice. One of the reasons Tennessee stayed relatively quiet was their comfort at the wideout spot with who they already had on the roster. The likely No. 1 target? Mr. Jones. The former Oklahoma Sooner only had 27 receptions last season, but showed some real flashes. In the Titans' Week 16 win over Buffalo, Jones grabbed five balls for 101 yards and scored a touchdown. Tennessee drafted three wide receivers in April. Each rookie should get some touches. But Young-to-Jones should be the go-to combination in '07.

Who would have ever thought Young to Jones would be the "go to" combination?

Glad to see Brandon is doing well.Too bad for him it isn't Manning to Jones or Brady to Jones or any reall passer to Jones. His stats will be hurt by being teamed up with Young.

soonersweetie
7/18/2007, 04:06 PM
I just find it ironic that it is a horn to a Sooner

SoonerBOI
7/18/2007, 04:53 PM
sweet!

Doged
7/18/2007, 10:47 PM
I've been considering him for my fantasy team, but can't figure out how far in to the draft to let him go without too much worry of not getting him. We run 3 WR's and 16 teams. Any guesses?

MojoRisen
7/18/2007, 11:28 PM
Did he get drafted n Baseball as well? Just curious I remember hearing he was damn good.

Widescreen
7/19/2007, 12:23 AM
Good for him. I guess someone found a chisel for those stone hands. ;)

OUfan7
7/20/2007, 06:45 PM
Actually, I believe Youngs ability to run/scramble will open up more opportunities for B.J. to get open. IMHO!!!

stoopified
7/21/2007, 08:20 AM
Too bad for him it isn't Manning to Jones or Brady to Jones or any reall passer to Jones. His stats will be hurt by being teamed up with Young.
Since VY was the #32 most accurate passer in the league I would ___ to Jones connections I would rather see.The good news for Jones is VY will not last long as a starting QB.Great athelete but ****-poor passer and in THE LEAGUE passing is he key.

StoopTroup
7/22/2007, 04:05 AM
Glad to see Brandon will be making VY look good this year.

Jimminy Crimson
7/22/2007, 09:01 AM
Glad to see Brandon will be making VY look good this year.

Yep. We all know Vince can't do it on his own...