PDA

View Full Version : So...NBC Dateline has another installment of "To catch a Perv" tonight

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2007, 08:51 AM
I set the TIVO.

olevetonahill
7/18/2007, 08:54 AM
Yall Prey I dont get caught .:eek: :D

crawfish
7/18/2007, 09:14 AM
For 1tc's sake, I hope they're not scouting out softball games.

Widescreen
7/18/2007, 11:42 AM
So where did they set up shop for this week's episode?

sooner_born_1960
7/18/2007, 12:23 PM
Our 11th computer predator investigation takes place in a multi-million dollar home on the beautiful shoreline of New Jersey. It's a picture perfect vacation spot for parents and children -- and for potential predators as well.

from the nbc site.

the_ouskull
7/18/2007, 05:35 PM
What kills me is that every single one of these guys either thinks that they're the ones that won't get caught, or they don't care. It's disturbing either way, and makes me wonder how many much, much smarter ones AREN'T getting caught. Scary.

the_ouskull

Okla-homey
7/18/2007, 09:34 PM
What kills me is that every single one of these guys either thinks that they're the ones that won't get caught, or they don't care. It's disturbing either way, and makes me wonder how many much, much smarter ones AREN'T getting caught. Scary.

the_ouskull

I'm convinced the bastages are absolutely obsessive about young gals. They can't control themselves. Therefore, upon conviction, they should be offered a choice. LWOP or 10 to 20 and surgical castration. Ditto child molestors.

But that's just me.

royalfan5
7/18/2007, 09:37 PM
I love how most of these guys have watched the show before.

colleyvillesooner
7/18/2007, 09:39 PM
Wow, just wow

royalfan5
7/18/2007, 09:48 PM
The guy in Earnhardt cap is great.

Mongo
7/18/2007, 09:53 PM
sweating bullets cause his *** got nailed. that was priceless.

And I like how they apologize to the host. I can see why they do it, cause they have no idea whats happening, but the d-bag host accepts the apology like they pervs did something to him.

royalfan5
7/18/2007, 09:55 PM
The Spongebob Jacket rules

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2007, 09:57 PM
i liked the guy that fist bumped chris hansen

rufnek05
7/18/2007, 10:15 PM
what channel was it on?

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2007, 10:16 PM
ummm, NBC?

rufnek05
7/18/2007, 10:18 PM
i've seen it on msnbc before.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/18/2007, 10:20 PM
I wonder if it's a badge of honor for those jackholes to get to be on the show?

rufnek05
7/18/2007, 10:28 PM
hasn't one guy there caught on there like 2 or 3 times or something like that? what is sad is that all these guys show up expecting something, which kind of means that it's happened for real. no camera's, just them and the kids. all those people deserve to rot in hell.

OKC-SLC
7/19/2007, 12:12 AM
LWOP or 10 to 20 and surgical castration. Ditto child molestors.
In.

StoopTroup
7/19/2007, 12:18 AM
It's a plague...

Every major city ought to set up a sting like that...

I'd vote for a prison to be built just for those that got caught and if it got full, I'd vote for more money to build another one...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/19/2007, 07:40 AM
It's a plague...

Every major city ought to set up a sting like that...

I'd vote for a prison to be built just for those that got caught and if it got full, I'd vote for more money to build another one...Actually, they might be better off in GP. There's usually a hierarchy in prison. Child molesters are usually near the bottom.

HoserSooner
7/19/2007, 08:14 AM
Actually, they might be better off in GP. There's usually a hierarchy in prison. Child molesters are usually near the bottom.

I can think of no better sentence for these guys, than 10 to 20 years of gang rapes and sodomy.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

tulsaoilerfan
7/19/2007, 08:36 AM
Wonder if they have to sign a consent form to let it be used on the show?

Widescreen
7/19/2007, 09:43 AM
I like how they're usually there "just to hang out and talk".

Dude, you just drove 350 miles to "talk" to a teenager? Yeah.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/19/2007, 09:45 AM
Actually, they might be better off in GP. There's usually a hierarchy in prison. Child molesters are usually shanked.

fixed...

TIVOed it and look forward to it. Mrs. THA is on her, "don't want depressing news or shows" run...

jk the sooner fan
7/19/2007, 09:56 AM
whats depressing about putting a bunch of child molesters in jail?

its as joyous a show as you'll find

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 10:00 AM
She probably falls in the group of "If this many do it and get caught, how many don't get caught." Leaves a sick feeling in your stomach for sure.

jk the sooner fan
7/19/2007, 10:04 AM
well true, we know they are out there, but i think its great they are doing this as frequently as they are.....i can see alot of shows doing this once, but they keep on rolling

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, it's a REALLY good thing. I have a wife that doesn't like that kind of stuff either. It just really creeps her out to see those guys.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/19/2007, 11:27 AM
whats depressing about putting a bunch of child molesters in jail?

its as joyous a show as you'll find

I tried to tell her that. I think the thought of the bads guys out there is depressing. She is also against my NOVA and UNIVERSE shows (the world/universe is going to end) and (terrorists are going to get us) idea is negative. Right now she wants happiness and humor around her, she gets this way from time to time.

skycat
7/19/2007, 11:36 AM
well true, we know they are out there, but i think its great they are doing this as frequently as they are.....i can see alot of shows doing this once, but they keep on rolling

They get great ratings, and they don't have to pay the principal "actors" a dime. Heck, they don't even need to hand out a million dollar prize. Why wouldn't they keep doing it?

royalfan5
7/25/2007, 09:26 PM
It's back again tonight. I've always wondered if the decoy gets scarred by the whole experience.

StormySooner-IN
7/25/2007, 09:57 PM
I'm watching it now.

Do you think if I was to show up for a date, they would arrest me??

Hint: Look in my profile.

Sooner02
7/26/2007, 01:17 PM
The owner of perverted justice. What NBC never wants viewers to see who is behind the scenes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjwtmw_sAk0

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 01:56 PM
wow, what a smarmy ******...

Turd_Ferguson
7/26/2007, 02:06 PM
The owner of perverted justice. What NBC never wants viewers to see who is behind the scenes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjwtmw_sAk0

I'm still trying to figure out why NBC doesn't want anyone to see this, or why he is a smarmy *********:confused::confused:

StoopTroup
7/26/2007, 02:09 PM
I'm watching it now.

Do you think if I was to show up for a date, they would arrest me??

Hint: Look in my profile.

I'm wondering if you showed up and they didn't have a 14 year old there...

If they would all go to jail?

:pop:

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 02:10 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why NBC doesn't want anyone to see this, or why he is a smarmy *********:confused::confused:

You watched that and didn't thing he was smarmy and big timing that dude?

So it's not just a clever name!?

Turd_Ferguson
7/26/2007, 02:12 PM
Why were they there to interview him? All I seen was some reporter and some backwards wearing *** hat ***** arguing.

Hot Rod
7/26/2007, 02:19 PM
They get great ratings, and they don't have to pay the principal "actors" a dime. Heck, they don't even need to hand out a million dollar prize. Why wouldn't they keep doing it?

It's probably one of the best reality shows out there. What I enjoy is the fact that when Chris Hansen comes out and they don't know who he is! How long has this show been on for?

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 02:22 PM
Why were they there to interview him? All I seen was some reporter and some backwards wearing *** hat ***** arguing.

The clip implies that the "backwards wearing *** hat *****" is the owner of Preverted Justice.

Thus, the dude, the owner, is a smarmy ******.

Sooner02
7/26/2007, 03:54 PM
It appears the show is in a heck of legal trouble looking at other videos and news. This one goes along with the interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aGptggF2mf8

Looks like NBC is being sued a second time for the show. I heard of another lawsuit brought by the former producer of the show. That's a lotta money.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_M-Jpz1kO8

Turd_Ferguson
7/26/2007, 04:16 PM
Mabe I'm not following you. How does the clip imply he's a smarmy ******? Because of the way he acted, or because he owns Perverted Justice? If it's his attitude and the way he dresses, then I agree. If it's because he suckers in some slimeball ****** bags that want to stick their c*ck in a 14 year old girl and get caught before they can.....then I disagree.

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 04:45 PM
His attitude...

mdklatt
7/26/2007, 05:10 PM
How many of the people on this show end up getting convicted?

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2007, 07:18 PM
they mentioned that last nite, i cant remember the number but it was MUCH higher than i expected

Boarder
7/26/2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, I know, let's do all we can to get the attention off of the lowlifes that are trying to have preteen sex. Let's talk about how bad the mean old network people are and how bad the Perverted Justice guys are.

THOSE POOR PEDOPHILES ARE THE REAL VICTIMS! HOW DARE NBC DO SUCH A THING AS EXPOSE THEM!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aGptggF2mf8: That one made me want to vomit. I don't care if Chris Hanson walks out in a NASCAR style sponsored firesuit and tells perv #1 that his bust is being sponsored by The New Pepsi Max. If it keeps one guy from doing this to a little girl, all the shows are worth it to me.

What if it was your daughter who was the one potential victim that the show protected?

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah. there's a good amount of people ****ed that those guys here in the metroplex are gonna walk...for now.

SCOUT
7/27/2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah. there's a good amount of people ****ed that those guys here in the metroplex are gonna walk...for now.

I just recently moved to Murphy and it is pretty hot topic. I don't know enough of the real details to give too much information here, but I have heard two very different stories. One is of an incompetent police force and the other is of a hard headed DA.

The bottom line, as I understand it, is that each an every one of the cases from Murphy are being resubmitted for prosecution.

critical_phil
7/28/2007, 09:59 AM
heh. (http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Westmar.aspx)

royalfan5
7/28/2007, 10:08 AM
Am I the only one who want to see a couple of Mormon Missionaries stop by the house TCP is using on accident. I think the potential for hilarity is high.