PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of the South Oval

sanantoniosooner
7/17/2007, 09:54 PM
There is a young lady, I'm guessing about 12 years old, that has determined that she WILL marry my son, 14 years, at some point down the road.

I've got a few questions regarding this issue.

What is the batting average for young ladies who make bold declarations like this?

Can prayer or voodoo counteract this?

Are we as a family completely at the mercy of this young lady?

Is there a particular number of people she can tell this to before she jinxes it?

Or, is there a particular number of people she has to tell to "make it so"?

Is there anything I need to know as a parent of the targeted individual?

SoonerStormchaser
7/17/2007, 09:58 PM
You're screwed SAS.

Mongo
7/17/2007, 10:00 PM
There is a young lady, I'm guessing about 12 years old, that has determined that she WILL marry my son, 14 years, at some point down the road.

I've got a few questions regarding this issue.

What is the batting average for young ladies who make bold declarations like this?

Can prayer or voodoo counteract this?

Are we as a family completely at the mercy of this young lady?

Is there a particular number of people she can tell this to before she jinxes it?

Or, is there a particular number of people she has to tell to "make it so"?

Is there anything I need to know as a parent of the targeted individual?

dont worry about it. He'll probably turn out ghey like his old man:D

sanantoniosooner
7/17/2007, 10:02 PM
dont worry about it. He'll probably turn out ghey like his old man:D
Well, you aren't a lady, but close enough.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 10:04 PM
he needs to join the he-man woman haters club..........and fast!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2007, 10:05 PM
That's pretty typical of a girl her age. While I know a few people who married their junior high sweetheart, it rarely happens.

I would be on the look out for any kind of "adult-type" shenanigans. She may only be 12, but I was letting the boys do quite a bit of base running when I was her age.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 10:07 PM
you know, come to think of it..........he's just trying to follow in your footsteps at a very early age........you know, being married = not gettin any......

sanantoniosooner
7/17/2007, 10:11 PM
They are typically 500 miles apart, and almost every minute of the time they would have together is supervised. I'm not worried about shenanigans. Just the voodoo curse of a little girl.

Mongo
7/17/2007, 10:12 PM
Well, you aren't a lady, but close enough.

I can tuck with the best of them

ChickSoonerFan
7/17/2007, 10:19 PM
I agree with SBSB

except the part about letting the boys do base running at that age :eek:

;)

ok...so maybe one boy, one base, one time.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2007, 10:22 PM
I agree with SBSB

except the part about letting the boys do base running at that age :eek:

;)

ok...so maybe one boy, one base, one time.Oh sure, make me look like the trollop.

ChickSoonerFan
7/17/2007, 10:28 PM
Oh sure, make me look like the trollop.

OK FINE!!

maybe two boys, one base, two times

so that is one time each

and not at the same time

:D

RacerX
7/17/2007, 10:35 PM
SAS - you'd get more responses if the title of the thread said Women instead of Ladies.

Tailwind
7/17/2007, 10:38 PM
The average 14 y/o girl falls in love like 700 times before she's marrying age. I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it.

OUinFLA
7/17/2007, 10:39 PM
Grandpa!

get used to it.

OU Adonis
7/17/2007, 10:46 PM
OK FINE!!

maybe two boys, one base, two times

so that is one time each

and at the same time

:D

:eek:

ChickSoonerFan
7/17/2007, 11:00 PM
:eek:

you made me look

:O

TopDaugIn2000
7/17/2007, 11:02 PM
TRAMPS!

LoyalFan
7/18/2007, 12:20 AM
Just tell the young lady that son will grow up to look just like dad...that'll do it. Heh!

LF

Mixer!
7/18/2007, 12:22 AM
TRAMPS!

http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/images/disco_profiles/the_trammps2.jpg

StoopTroup
7/18/2007, 12:23 AM
I have a 9 yr old Daughter...

None of this is funny....

olevetonahill
7/18/2007, 07:00 AM
I have a 9 yr old Daughter...

None of this is funny....
I have a 28 yr old Daughter , Married 2 kids
I think its Funny as hell :P
Now My Grandaughters are another story :eek:

soonerbrat
7/18/2007, 07:47 AM
my 14 yo daughter insists that her 18 yo brother's friend, who is also 18, is her soul mate, and that he loves her but he just doesn't know it yet. At least she thinks they'll both be out of college before he realizes it.

SoonerJack
7/18/2007, 07:51 AM
SAS, the numbers are working for you this time. Let me walk you through it:

12 (y) - the girl's age; preteen females are known to make bold predicitions about what will be; they, like weather men, are wildly inaccurate.

14 (x) - your son's age; will be the target of many x-2 year old girls who fall in "love" with him; he probably nodded at her one time.

500 (m) - the number of miles that separate them > 10. this in itself merits relationship failure for the 12-14 combination. Even with the innerwebs, this relationship will not happen.

But there is always the fates and prayer...who knows! Our assistant pastor has a son who is marrying a girl that he knew when he was 12.
:-)

OUDoc
7/18/2007, 08:19 AM
my 14 yo daughter insists that her 18 yo brother's friend, who is also 18, is her soul mate, and that he loves her but he just doesn't know it yet. At least she thinks they'll both be out of college before he realizes it.
Which goes back to what I tell my wife all the time. "You womens are unstable. You scare us. Stop it!"

olevetonahill
7/18/2007, 08:49 AM
Bitches Man Bitches !

ChickSoonerFan
7/18/2007, 09:23 AM
I have a 12year old daughter too, last summer, when she was 11, she met a boy at a lake party we went to, when we got home she confessed that she was mad over him but didn't even know his name! :eek:

After much drama, we found out who he was and for about 6 months she thought about him constantly and was sure she would like to move out to Choctaw so she could attend high school there and have the chance to meet him again....remember, she had seen him at the lake for a total of about 5 hours.

She is 12 now, almost 13, and she is over him. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
7/18/2007, 10:46 AM
I'm still friends with the 12 year old boy I played doctor with, but its purely innocent. I still have coffee with him every couple of years just to catch up. We both made sure that we married people who were okay with us being friends. He lives in Dallas and designs womens lingerie. He sends me some pretties every now and again. I must look smaller to him than I really am, like that movie, because they never fit. :O

OUinFLA
7/18/2007, 10:48 AM
Oh sure, make me look like the trollop.

how YOU doin?

olevetonahill
7/18/2007, 10:54 AM
I'm still friends with the 12 year old boy I played doctor with, but its purely innocent. I still have coffee with him every couple of years just to catch up. We both made sure that we married people who were okay with us being friends. He lives in Dallas and designs womens lingerie. He sends me some pretties every now and again. I must look smaller to him than I really am, like that movie, because they never fit. :O
Gay marriage Is legal in :texan: ? :eek:

crawfish
7/18/2007, 12:34 PM

So...essentially, you were a research project for future lingerie?

Cool! :texan:

slickdawg
7/18/2007, 01:11 PM
Gay marriage Is legal in :texan: ? :eek:

DUH! Vince and :mack: