PDA

View Full Version : Terror and Fear

SteelClip49
7/17/2007, 06:51 PM
I really do not know what to say other than, let's just pray that no attacks happen on our soil by al-qaida. I know this is a bland way of posting this but I am just really scared for once in my life. Is that ok or should I trust our "intelligence" that something like 9/11 doesn't happen again?

I am counting down the days like all of you are about the start of the football season but at the same time the huge terror alert now, as the media puts it, has really got me anxious and just impatient because of all the wondering. My mother leaves for Fayetteville, NC in a week and she will be flying. I worry about that as well. I am not trying to be paranoid here but with this THREAT just makes me that way.

OUDoc
7/17/2007, 06:58 PM
What are the odds that, even if they attack, that you or someone you love will be involved? It's got to be pretty low. That's the way I look at it.
But I hope none happen.

Ike
7/17/2007, 07:02 PM
Don't worry. We're still at Yellow.

Vaevictis
7/17/2007, 07:37 PM
Meh, terrorism isn't generally worth worrying about. You're far more likely to die from a car crash, some fatal disease, or any number of other things.

Turd_Ferguson
7/17/2007, 07:55 PM
Meh, terrorism isn't generally worth worrying about. You're far more likely to die from a car crash, some fatal disease, or any number of other things.

Pretty much the Left's mantra isn't it?:D

def_lazer_fc
7/17/2007, 08:00 PM
the terror alert is only raised when this administration has something going on that they don't want the public to know about. go about your day.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 08:17 PM
the terror alert is only raised when this administration has something going on that they don't want the public to know about. go about your day.

how ignorant

Vaevictis
7/17/2007, 08:20 PM
Pretty much the Left's mantra isn't it?:D

Maybe. If so, I find it to be infinitely preferable than how the Right uses it to frighten the populace into giving them ever-expansive powers a la Herman Goering.

def_lazer_fc
7/17/2007, 08:20 PM
how ignorant
really? there's quite a bit of instances that just so happen to pop up, with no "credible" evidence, mind you, just when there's a piece of news that this admin would rather we not know about. maybe a coincidence once, but there's a running track record of this now.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 08:22 PM
give me some specific examples

def_lazer_fc
7/17/2007, 08:26 PM
i know this (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/06/04/olbermann-the-nexus-of-politics-and-terror-2/) is from a damn "liberal" media news outlet, but this seems to be the best example i can fart out at the moment. :D

OCUDad
7/17/2007, 08:52 PM
This isn't going to end well...

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 09:38 PM
nm

swardboy
7/17/2007, 09:38 PM
Some may say that Al Qeuda isn't so strong now vis a vis the London recent failed attempts with relatively unsophisticated explosives......but 9/11 was executed with box cutters....mostly Saudis with box cutters. I still am floored by that.

SleestakSooner
7/17/2007, 11:02 PM
give me some specific examples

Wag The Dog :texan:

Burn the Albanians!

SoonerBOI
7/17/2007, 11:32 PM
Are we arrogant as a nation? Anyway, just be aware of your surrounding.

StoopTroup
7/18/2007, 12:05 AM
Jose Padilla had already been detained for more than a month when they released a statement on 6-10-2002 by John Ashcroft while John was in Russia?

Hatfield
7/18/2007, 09:17 AM
i think the biggest failure in the terror alert arena is that the perception is that the stupid color codes are used for political purposes to scare and distract.

i am not saying they are, just that to me that is the perception and that really irks me because rather than trust in my gov't in this matter I now look for their "angle" first.

Ike
7/18/2007, 09:36 AM
i think the biggest failure in the terror alert arena is that the perception is that the stupid color codes are used for political purposes to scare and distract.

i am not saying they are, just that to me that is the perception and that really irks me because rather than trust in my gov't in this matter I no look for their "angle" first.

The way I see it, the terror color codes are a waste of time anyway. Firstly, the chart has 3 too many colors. We'll never drop yellow, because then people might want the govt to scale back some of their activities, and we'll never get to red because who knows if that will induce panic or not.

4 or 5 years into the color chart, have we ever been at a color not yellow or orange?

MojoRisen
7/18/2007, 10:09 AM
I hear a lot of talk about how much money it cost to have an Orange alert etc.. I guess it is what it is though. If another 1000 people got whacked we would be crying all over again and would cost us a lot more in the long run. Wall street seems to be doing all right -

I live in DC and it hasn't happened in a while but there were warnings here where the government with out a spokesperson - said to tape up our windows and air conditioning vents - and don't drink the water with out boiling it. That was relatively disturbing - I think it is possible that we will have to one day live with car bombs and random acts of terrorism and suicide attacks on a daily or weekly basis. 5 - 20 people being hurt at a time - the Dirty Bombs are what I find to be the most bothersome. I think if this ever happens we would have to go back to racial profiling on Muslims - like the Japanese in world war 2