PDA

View Full Version : Two-a-days open to public?

47straight
7/16/2007, 06:57 PM
Does anyone have a bead on whether pre-season drills will be open for our viewing pleasure? I'll be off the month of August and wanna go. I've gone before and was thoroughly entertained.

BASSooner
7/16/2007, 07:04 PM
I'd much rather prefer it would be closed....I think it would be nice to not let the public, nor opponent scouts see and know what's going on...

47straight
7/16/2007, 07:07 PM
There's not a whole lot to be learned from tackling dummy drills. Pre-season practices have been open for most of Stoops' reign and it hasn't hurt us.

Seamus
7/16/2007, 08:31 PM
There's no real way to quantify whether it has or hasn't. But it doesn't hurt us any to close practices.

SteelClip49
7/17/2007, 11:22 AM
I will be working with 2 a-day practices, well somewhat. I like this time of the year because of the money to be made and hours to work.

47straight
7/17/2007, 11:24 AM
I will be working with 2 a-day practices, well somewhat. I like this time of the year because of the money to be made and hours to work.

Well, if the practices are closed, feel free to hire me as an intern for a few days. :D

picasso
7/17/2007, 11:29 AM
we have a secret QB.

SteelClip49
7/17/2007, 11:32 AM
sometimes, if you are lucky, on Thursdays and Fridays if you go to the 3rd level of the Switzer Center, you can catch some action; very limited, little action but it's still exciting.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 11:43 AM
i would think that since spring was closed, so will most of the fall

47straight
7/17/2007, 08:54 PM

I'm afraid you might be right. It seems the times that Stoops has closed practices has been to prevent additional fuel for the fire for QB controversies.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2007, 09:49 PM
Yes. And Liz Hurley will be stopping by my place later to give me a hummer.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 09:51 PM

ooooooooh, what color is it going to be? will it be the H2 or the smaller H3?

utex74
7/17/2007, 09:55 PM

Mack closed Texas' practices after injury reports began getting onto the internet via cell phones before even the families knew. (notably Jordan Shipley) That and cell phone cameras create a lot of other reasons to close practice in this new technology age. I bet Stoops closes yours, too. I thought he already had.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2007, 10:04 PM
ooooooooh, what color is it going to be? will it be the H2 or the smaller H3?

Purple?

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 10:08 PM
heh

47straight
7/18/2007, 02:59 AM
Mack closed Texas' practices after injury reports began getting onto the internet via cell phones before even the families knew. (notably Jordan Shipley) That and cell phone cameras create a lot of other reasons to close practice in this new technology age. I bet Stoops closes yours, too. I thought he already had.

That was the worst excuse I had ever heard :mack: since "we didn't expect them to play like that" in 2000. Funny how when Shipley was hobbling off the field he was being assisted by..... anyone.... Bueller?.... his dad. So much for that. He doesn't like having open practices and shoulda nutted up as the HMFIC and said so.

At the practices I went to at OU, I noticed that everyone followed the signs and noone broke out their cell phones. I think everyone was too scared of screwing up a good thing.

Something else that occurred to me - Last year's closing coincided with a near blackout of the local media relating to the aftermath of the Blowmar mess, seemingly so that Stoops could keep some kind of a lid on the distraction which was probably a high priority.

Seamus
7/18/2007, 03:55 AM

Keep your hands off my woman :cool: