PDA

View Full Version : Darien out up to 6 weeks

PAW
7/16/2007, 05:18 PM
OU's Darien Williams undergoes surgery (http://newsok.com/article/3084669)

NORMAN — Oklahoma defensive back Darien Williams had surgery for a stress fracture in his left foot Monday, according to the Sooners.

Williams could be sidelined for up to six weeks. He is expected to be back in time for OU's season-opener on Sept. 1 vs. North Texas. Williams is a senior from Mesquite, Texas.

Williams, a safety, started 11 games last season.

:mad:

colleyvillesooner
7/16/2007, 05:19 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery!

NormanPride
7/16/2007, 07:41 PM
Nic Harris will move into the spot right away, which is okay since he's a freaking stud. Quinton Carter and Brian Jackson will also be getting looks. Sucks that we lost our only senior in the secondary until late August... Who knows, though. Maybe we'll get a surprise out of one of the young kids. :)

Get well soon, D-dub!

snp
7/16/2007, 08:02 PM
Franks will get be getting PT over Carter and Jackson.

goingoneight
7/16/2007, 11:39 PM
I remember watching Franks in HS hoping to God he'd (DF) come play for OU. Sucks about Darrien, hope this is the last of the injuries we hear about for a long time.

picasso
7/17/2007, 10:21 AM
hope he comes back. he had a solid season in '06.

MojoRisen
7/17/2007, 01:29 PM
He is a solid player, I don't think it will hurt having Nick Harris on the field more often now. Apparently Franks had a fantastic spring and really has corner cover skills that he can bring to the FS spot. Darien is a stud though and has the experience. Hope he is full speed and contact ready by Miami.

MojoRisen
7/17/2007, 01:29 PM
He is a solid player, I don't think it will hurt having Nick Harris on the field more often now. Apparently Franks had a fantastic spring and really has corner cover skills that he can bring to the FS spot. Darien is a stud though and has the experience. Hope he is full speed and contact ready by Miami.

snp
7/18/2007, 01:54 AM
I was wrong. Looks like Dom will be second string CB.

D-Sweet
7/19/2007, 12:02 PM
Assuming everyone is healthy, what is the projected starting lineup in the secondary?

CB: Smith and Walker + Holmes in the nickel
FS: Harris
SS: Williams or Wolfe?

NormanPride
7/19/2007, 12:24 PM
WCB - Smith
SCB - Walker
Nickel - Harris
FS - Williams
SS - Wolfe

I believe that's the default lineup right now, but I may have the corners reversed. Dom should be pushing at FS, and we have Lendy and Brian Jackson to backup the corners. I've also heard good things about Jamell Fleming there.

D-Sweet
7/19/2007, 12:56 PM
WCB - Smith
SCB - Walker
Nickel - Harris
FS - Williams
SS - Wolfe

I believe that's the default lineup right now, but I may have the corners reversed. Dom should be pushing at FS, and we have Lendy and Brian Jackson to backup the corners. I've also heard good things about Jamell Fleming there.
Thanks.

Seems weird to force Wolfe in there when Harris and Holmes are proven playmakers. Should be interesting to see how he performs and how much rotating the coaches do.

htownsooner7
7/19/2007, 01:13 PM
You have to think Keenan Clayton will get another shot to shine at some point..

snp
7/19/2007, 02:22 PM
Tough to decide between Reggie and Marcus who is field and who is boundary corner.

NormanPride
7/19/2007, 02:49 PM
Tough to decide between Reggie and Marcus who is field and who is boundary corner.

Depends on who's better at working through traffic. I thought if anything, that was Reggie's problem last year.

Egeo
7/19/2007, 06:45 PM
You have to think Keenan Clayton will get another shot to shine at some point..
hopefully not until we graduate some of the guys that do tackle...

dwill was definitely solid last year, hope he recovers well