PDA

View Full Version : LosuR's Marcus Dove scooped up, charged with a DUI

JohnnyMack
7/16/2007, 04:24 PM
http://kotv.com/sports/local/story/?id=131648

:eddie:

goingoneight
7/16/2007, 05:00 PM
:stunned: but hes a good persen and at leest hes not making phone calls like uo sportsman of the yeer !1

There's gonna be a lot of aggy spin on this as usual... but this happens everywhere.

SOONER STEAKER
7/16/2007, 05:02 PM
OSU basketball needs to change their game uniforms so that they can incorporate prison stripes. Dove just following his mentor, Eddie Sutton!!

usmc-sooner
7/16/2007, 05:17 PM
I'd chalk it up to youthful indiscretion, hopefully his mistake won't affect his chance to play NCAA basketball or finish his education.

I don't think OSU encourages drinking and driving anymore than OU encourages illegal payments from car dealerships. It comes down to kids sometimes make stupid decisions.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/16/2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah hopefully he takes all of the steps to get reinstated and goes on and graduates and maybe even helps other athletes not make his mistakes. I don't know much about this kid but I always hope they pull a Dvoracek and come back and make a difference

tulsaoilerfan
7/16/2007, 07:36 PM
I'd chalk it up to youthful indiscretion, hopefully his mistake won't affect his chance to play NCAA basketball or finish his education.

I don't think OSU encourages drinking and driving anymore than OU encourages illegal payments from car dealerships. It comes down to kids sometimes make stupid decisions.
Correct, and to make fun of him for it no matter where he goes to school is pretty poor IMO

crawfish
7/16/2007, 08:44 PM
DUI is much worse than getting caught underage in a bar.

Crimsontothecore
7/16/2007, 10:30 PM
WOW! now there's a real shock. Amazing what happens when players witness their drunken coach get away with driving drunk and nearly killing someone. osu would do itself a huge favor by following kentuckys lead and ridding its school of anything named sutton. It's time to hire a coach who leads by example.

Ash
7/17/2007, 12:01 AM
It's great to see the aggie love fest in here. That classy bunch of folks deserves all of the respect they're getting.

the_ouskull
7/17/2007, 05:31 AM
I was going to search for a pic of Dove and Eddie together so that I could caption it with, "I learned it from YOU, dad. Okay? I learned it from you."

But, honestly, it's not worth the work at this point. I guess an "I told you so," would be out of the question, as would an, "I'm sorry, Skull," from some of you who thought that I was just kidding around when I posted a while back that, because of Eddie's issues, the rest of that team would be desensitized to alcohol abuse and predisposed to it. People seemed mad at me.

Ah, smell it. It's vindication.

the_ouskull

usmc-sooner
7/17/2007, 08:50 AM
oh bull****, he's a college kid, college kids drink. When young people drink they do stupid things. Probably every college kid in America is desensitized to drinking. I'm know college kids at OU get DUI's. It isn't because of Eddie Sutton. I'm sure Eddie didn't sling back the juice during practices while telling them cmon kids it's ok drink up because I do it. I bet the majority of guys on his team didn't know he was an alcoholic. If you think otherwise then your probably not smart enough to understand. Did Stoops desensitize Paul Thompson, DD, Brent Rawls, Rhett Bomar, Hunter Wall, J.D. Quinn? Did Sampson desensitize Jabari Brown from smoking weed? He made a mistake and needs to pay his debt to society and learn from it and move on. I don't think he should not be able to play. How the hell that someone feels vindicated by a someone else's failure is pathetic.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2007, 09:04 AM
Wait.

Wait a minute. Jabhari smoked weed?

usmc-sooner
7/17/2007, 09:14 AM
Kelvin Sampson desensitized his players, now they are all racking up way to many minutes on their cell phones.

Boomer.....
7/17/2007, 09:21 AM
Wait.

Wait a minute. Jabhari smoked weed?
I know. It's hard to believe by just looking at him.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2007, 09:27 AM
Kelvin Sampson desensitized his players, now they are all racking up way to many minutes on their cell phones.

Phil Fulmer desensitized his players, now they're clogging up the drive-thru at Krispy Kreme.

Catch 22
7/17/2007, 09:56 AM
I wonder what it sounded like when Dove cried?

usmc-sooner
7/17/2007, 10:08 AM
Phil Fulmer desensitized his players, now they're clogging up the drive-thru at Krispy Kreme.

Les Miles desensitzed his players, now they all just let em rip

Big Red Ron
7/17/2007, 10:30 AM
Dove just following his mentor, Eddie Sutton!!He's really more of a Father figure. ;)

Jeopardude
7/17/2007, 11:55 AM
I wonder what it sounded like when Dove cried?

:D

Big Red Ron
7/17/2007, 12:02 PM
I wonder if the cops have decided to really bear down on the pukes after their lackadaisical treatment lead to Eddie's drunken accident?

Rhino
7/17/2007, 12:31 PM
Great quote from an OSU fan:

"I liked our program better when Eddie was drinking and the players weren't."
-OrangeMoo

OSUAggie
7/17/2007, 12:58 PM
.... getting caught.

usmc-sooner
7/17/2007, 01:02 PM
Great quote from an OSU fan:

now that's funny. How much longer do you think they'll stick with Sean.

OSUAggie
7/17/2007, 01:05 PM
Holder has stated from day 1 he will be evaluated after his 3-year deal is up (2008-2009). He'll have to produce a bit more than 1st round NIT KO's over the next couple of years to remain in his position.

Crimsontothecore
7/17/2007, 04:25 PM
oh bull****, he's a college kid, college kids drink. When young people drink they do stupid things. Probably every college kid in America is desensitized to drinking. I'm know college kids at OU get DUI's. It isn't because of Eddie Sutton. I'm sure Eddie didn't sling back the juice during practices while telling them cmon kids it's ok drink up because I do it. I bet the majority of guys on his team didn't know he was an alcoholic. If you think otherwise then your probably not smart enough to understand. Did Stoops desensitize Paul Thompson, DD, Brent Rawls, Rhett Bomar, Hunter Wall, J.D. Quinn? Did Sampson desensitize Jabari Brown from smoking weed? He made a mistake and needs to pay his debt to society and learn from it and move on. I don't think he should not be able to play. How the hell that someone feels vindicated by a someone else's failure is pathetic.
I agree with most of what you said but while many (if not most) college kids may be predisposed to drinking, I do think influence may help negate their decisions to do so... especially if your a scholarship athlete on a D-1 b-ball team.

It's not hard to figure out that Eddie was drinking on campus and probably had been for a long while. Given his history it's also not hard to figure out he was most likely NOT going to the liquor store himself. While it's possible that any of Eddie's assistants could have done the leg work, The most likely culprit is his son Sean.

Nothing I've speculated is beyond what any of those players could figure out as well. Therefore it's hard to understand how Sean could look any of his players in the eye and discipline them for drinking.
I also believe those players feel less pressure to stay dry knowing how Sean enabled his dad.

stoopified
7/17/2007, 05:22 PM
I know. It's hard to believe by just looking at him.Yeah,but he DID NOT inhale.

orangekaje
7/19/2007, 12:28 PM
Over one year since his banning during a seven month stay at orangepower.com and crimsontothecore still has more posts over there than he has on his own team's forum after almost two years.

I guess you all don't talk about OSU sports enough over here to let crimson contribute. :(

Crimsontothecore
7/19/2007, 04:04 PM
Over one year since his banning during a seven month stay at orangepower.com and crimsontothecore still has more posts over there than he has on his own team's forum after almost two years.

I guess you all don't talk about OSU sports enough over here to let crimson contribute. :(
That's because my wisdom was needed more over there in the darkness. Over here I'm preaching to the choir.
Besides, my banning was a result of me voicing my opinion of your worthless drunken ex-coach... The same opinion that drew a response from you here.
The turmoil your team is now in is further evidence I was right. The best move osu could make would be to hire C.M. Newton. He would know exactly what to do with the Suttons.

goingoneight
7/21/2007, 01:15 AM
WOW! now there's a real shock. Amazing what happens when players witness their drunken coach get away with driving drunk and nearly killing someone. osu would do itself a huge favor by following kentuckys lead and ridding its school of anything named sutton. It's time to hire a coach who leads by example.

nah... it's kinda funny watching things collapse. :D

goingoneight
7/21/2007, 01:21 AM
That's because my wisdom was needed more over there in the darkness. Over here I'm preaching to the choir.
Besides, my banning was a result of me voicing my opinion of your worthless drunken ex-coach... The same opinion that drew a response from you here.
The turmoil your team is now in is further evidence I was right. The best move osu could make would be to hire C.M. Newton. He would know exactly what to do with the Suttons.
... aren't you registered on several other Sooner boards as well?

Crimsontothecore
7/21/2007, 02:19 PM
... aren't you registered on several other Sooner boards as well?
Nope. Only here. Do I have a cheap immitation somewhere? If so, I'm the original. The others are just CTTC wannabes;)