PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 08

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 12:23 PM
So i just got my copy of NCAA 08 today(i know it comes out tomorrow but i know someone) anyway... they didnt even try to make our roster realistic...

In the game ive notice just by looking through it that;

1. It has Halzle listed as the starter and he is head and shoulders about the rest. and he is the fastest.
2. It has Gute listed above Chris Brown
3. Kelly isnt an impact player
4. Gresham is 3rd string
5. Loadholt is terrible, and hes not even black in the game haha
6. Marcus Walker is terrible and 3rd string, Wolfe and Holmes are the two corners.
7. Reggie is safety and not back at corner.

I know you can go and edit everything but they are usually pretty good on making accurate rosters. Oh, well its just a video game i guess, but with football still fourty some odd days away i need something to b*tch about :D ...

MextheBulldog
7/16/2007, 12:45 PM
-Does OU have black or white shoes?
-Have they updated GF Memorial Stadium with the East side upper deck?

I guess Halzle gets the call based on age/class level.

The_Red_Patriot
7/16/2007, 12:48 PM
They updated the stadium for Ncaa 06 I though.

I know it was updated last year

TheHumanAlphabet
7/16/2007, 12:55 PM
I won't buy it because it has "snake" on the cover...Just sayin'...;)

bstuff1979
7/16/2007, 01:03 PM

Black shoes, no names on the jerseys (halfway correct I guess). I don't have the game, but I've seen some pics/videos. As a rule, I have no interest at all in videogames (they waste time, I'd rather be out doing something, and so on)...but this is one omega huge exception. As an xo's junkie, this game is like crack. For those into recruiting, that portion of the game is supposedly beyond emense.

bstuff1979
7/16/2007, 01:13 PM
http://www.easportsworld.com/

-go to search, select Oklahoma and videos, and there you go. Haven't had time to do much browsing, but I would think the questions over Owen Field should be answered through that.

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 01:45 PM

Black shoes and names on jersey... it might be different on the next gen systems because im still using my xbox..

TheUnnamedSooner
7/16/2007, 01:53 PM
I know somebody, can i get a copy early? ;)

Also, I saw on another site that kelly was not an impact player. what were these guys smoking?

OUTrumpet
7/16/2007, 01:59 PM
Who are the impact players?

And yeah, I've heard about the running back thing, but Brown/Madu/Murray are all better despite being behind Gute and Patrick on the depth chart. Murray is like an 89 overall (low score due to underclassmen lower awareness) and the best we have.

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 02:05 PM
Impact players:

Williams FS
Smith SS
Patrick RB

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 02:19 PM
My 3 impact players would've went

Kelly WR
Patrick RB
Walker CB

i have no idea where how they ruined the rosters so bad...

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 02:21 PM
I guess ill just have to get one of those updated rosters online...

The_Red_Patriot
7/16/2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.gamerosters.com/images/ncaa-08-custom-cover-24.jpg

http://www.gamerosters.com/images/ncaa-08-custom-cover-19.png

AD, Nic Harris covers---

http://eacustomcovers.com/gallery/08-oklahoma

OU-HSV
7/16/2007, 02:47 PM

The stadium was fixed already in '07 and maybe even '06..but for sure in '07

OU-HSV
7/16/2007, 03:00 PM
Hey freshchris, what do they have us ranked and did they change our playbook up at all?

silverwheels
7/16/2007, 03:03 PM
The stadium was updated for the 2005 version, although they still have the net in the wrong endzone.

bstuff1979
7/16/2007, 03:44 PM
Hey freshchris, what do they have us ranked and did they change our playbook up at all?

They've got OU ranked at #8. On a scale of 1-100 (1 being okie-aggie and 100 being a perfect score) OU is: 92 offense; 91 defense; 93 special teams and an overall score of 94. For perspective, stillwater state is: 92 offense; 85 defense; 99 special teams (I beg to differ, even though they should be good) and an overall of 92. Here's a link with some Athlon-esque type of breakdowns: http://www.sportsgamer.com/sports/ncaa/

SeattleOUstudent
7/16/2007, 03:54 PM
Got mine reserved today. Will pick up tomorrow after work unless you know someone here in Dallas I can talk to :)

OU-HSV
7/16/2007, 04:10 PM
They've got OU ranked at #8. On a scale of 1-100 (1 being okie-aggie and 100 being a perfect score) OU is: 92 offense; 91 defense; 93 special teams and an overall score of 94. For perspective, stillwater state is: 92 offense; 85 defense; 99 special teams (I beg to differ, even though they should be good) and an overall of 92. Here's a link with some Athlon-esque type of breakdowns: http://www.sportsgamer.com/sports/ncaa/
Cool, thanks for the info. I hope to pick up the game this week or next week.

freshchris05
7/16/2007, 04:29 PM
yeah i havent went through the playbook alot but i have notice a few different plays and alot of motion plays...

OU-HSV
7/16/2007, 04:47 PM
Hopefully they plugged in some plays using DM in the slot..that would be impressive if they did

Snrfn4ever08
7/16/2007, 04:57 PM
I have to get mine when I'm supposed to...tomorrow. I hate you:D

Sooner FLiP
7/16/2007, 05:33 PM
you can pick the game up at EBGames at midnight. anyone know how to make that Malcolm Kelly XBox cover into a PS3 cover?

OUTrumpet
7/16/2007, 08:29 PM
Guy at Gamestop said the PS3 version wouldn't be available for the midnight release, and may not be available till Wednesday at noon.

bstuff1979
7/16/2007, 08:37 PM
you can pick the game up at EBGames at midnight. anyone know how to make that Malcolm Kelly XBox cover into a PS3 cover?

It's not Malcolm Kelly, but it is a ps3/OU combo. I was bored...I don't even own a ps3, but photoshop is good and good for you.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/ADncaa08.jpg

AZOUFan
7/16/2007, 09:09 PM
All I'm sayin' is Thank God for custom covers or I may not have even bought this game. I wonder if the game disk will have the orange and blue nimrod on it as well? I have a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it.

All_Day_28
7/16/2007, 09:59 PM
Guy at Gamestop said the PS3 version wouldn't be available for the midnight release, and may not be available till Wednesday at noon.
I reserved mine at gamestop on ps3 and went by today to confirm that it would be available at midnight and they said that it will be.. at first they weren't sure but they came in on time...

Jalal23V
7/16/2007, 10:58 PM
I work at Best Buy and the media guy said you can reserve an AD cover instead of the bsu guy at most stores.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/16/2007, 11:10 PM
Getting mine tomorrow (hopefully), now that I've taken the plunge and bought a 360.

emoinwinter
7/17/2007, 02:03 AM
Like someone mentioned earlier one of the cool things about the game is that they have motion plays like we ran in the Fiesta Bowl.

RacerX
7/17/2007, 06:21 AM
http://www.oukingpen.com/downloads/downloads.html

The_Red_Patriot
7/17/2007, 09:23 AM
I bought mine last night.

Its WAYYYYYYYY better than last years game.

JaminT
7/17/2007, 10:03 AM
anyone rocking it on the ps3 yet?

MextheBulldog
7/17/2007, 10:14 AM
I bought mine last night.

Its WAYYYYYYYY better than last years game.

Please explain....gameplay? graphics?

The_Red_Patriot
7/17/2007, 10:30 AM
I have the 360 version

Graphics way better

Gameplay is tons better especailly ball carrier, defense controls

Lead Blocker addition is freaking awesome.

They added highlights. Every big play made is recorded in each quarter and you can go back and watch the highlights from and save them to a reel if you want.

Create a legend--Start out playing in highschool and depending on how well you do in the state playoffs, the better the schools that recruit you.

Thats just some adds. There are alot more that I have to play around with tonight.

Landthief 1972
7/17/2007, 11:11 AM
So is the PS2 version just a re-polished turd from 07?

illinisooner
7/17/2007, 11:22 AM
They had those motion plays in last years game (not in our playbook, you had to change it) but they barely worked. Also, I'm not sure how the good folks at EA Sports can make mistakes like making The Load white, or like last year when Pat White of WVU was right handed.

bstuff1979
7/17/2007, 11:58 AM
after two games on the 360 (yes, I DID take the day off for a video game...kinda strange but then again I'm the boss, I can do these things) it does play better. You can't just laser in a pass if you spot man-cover2. You have to check the coverage itself. If the DB is on his man, you're going to throw a pick. I just had my *** kicked (even though I had three empty red zone trips...thanks new defensive AI) online by them Ohio State, mostly via the new D AI and a slew of turnovers. Fumbles are a bit of an issue. My only real complaint is the typos on the qb's (is Halzle really that much better than Bradford...and does Nichol really suck?) and the black shoes.

The_Red_Patriot
7/17/2007, 12:16 PM
Im going to edit Bradford an Nichol tonight.

And why is Gresham down the Depth chart?

SeattleOUstudent
7/17/2007, 12:33 PM

And why is Greshman down the Depth chart?

Ezzackly. He's from Ardmore. The man deserves to be in the 2 spot. :texan:

OUDoc
7/17/2007, 12:41 PM
anyone rocking it on the ps3 yet?
It's at home, waiting on me.

BTW, who's got the roster updated with the names? Anyone yet?

bstuff1979
7/17/2007, 01:40 PM

I've gotten as far as everything aside from o-line and the two deep on fb's and db's. To say that going through the process of putting in names is mind numbing could be a massive understatement.

silverwheels
7/17/2007, 01:49 PM
So is the PS2 version just a re-polished turd from 07?

Pretty much. If you want something radically different, you'd have to have a 360 or a PS3, although from what I've read the 360 version is much better. I think the 60 FPS (as opposed to the PS3's 30) has a little to do with that, plus there are tons of glitches on the PS3 version. I'll be getting a 360 or a PS3 later this year, but for GTAIV, because NCAA seems to be going down in quality every year.

illinisooner
7/17/2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah they didn't do a very good job with the rosters this year. Mike Reed is nowhere to be found, apparently our only backup DE's are freshman, and Cohen is curiously absent as well. So is Mossis Madu. Last year, Juice Williams wasn't even on Illinois lol. The "in the zone" halos from last year have been replaced by goofy looking stars. Nichol and Bradford are terrible, and Nichol is unreasonably slow for someone who was a dual threat out of high school.

illinisooner
7/17/2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah they didn't do a very good job with the rosters this year. Mike Reed is nowhere to be found, apparently our only backup DE's are freshman, and Cohen is curiously absent as well. So is Mossis Madu. Last year, Juice Williams wasn't even on Illinois lol. The "in the zone" halos from last year have been replaced by goofy looking stars. Nichol and Bradford are terrible, and Nichol is unreasonably slow for someone who was a dual threat out of high school.

MextheBulldog
7/17/2007, 02:47 PM

You can usually purchase a fully stocked memory card or a file off Ebay that has all rosters pre-loaded. Might need to wait a couple days until the game is out among the masses....

OUDoc
7/17/2007, 02:49 PM
Pretty much. If you want something radically different, you'd have to have a 360 or a PS3, although from what I've read the 360 version is much better. I think the 60 FPS (as opposed to the PS3's 30) has a little to do with that, plus there are tons of glitches on the PS3 version. I'll be getting a 360 or a PS3 later this year, but for GTAIV, because NCAA seems to be going down in quality every year.
Jeez. Hasn't been out 24 hours and you know this already?

silverwheels
7/17/2007, 02:53 PM
Jeez. Hasn't been out 24 hours and you know this already?

Over on ncaastrategies some guy got the PS3 version this weekend. It may just be his copy, though, because I read through again and didn't see any other complaints.

The one constant is that it feels sluggish compared to the 360 version, which has the higher frame rate.

Collier11
7/17/2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone who has played it, can you let me in on anything that stood out as better or worse for the PS2 version?

D-Sweet
7/17/2007, 03:37 PM
General game question - does anyone play defense with anyone besides defensive linemen?

I used to strictly rock safeties until last year's game when it became impossible to defense a pass on your own. Anyone else go through this or know if it's any better in 08?

I play on PS2, by the way.

Collier11
7/17/2007, 03:51 PM
I play with the middle LB, if you dont miss tackles I like it better

OU-HSV
7/17/2007, 05:53 PM
I got PS2 game today. Mike Reed is on there..if I remember right they had his weight or height off just slightly, and you have to change Garrett Hartley's number to allow Reed to use #10. I went through and edited the whole roster, the main players I noticed missing were some of the true freshman. Also noticed issues with the DE position as someone else said, including the fact that Auston English isn't on there. Brandon Caleb isn't there, and only Knall and Hartley in the kicking game. I still haven't played any games, I've been taking care of my sick son today so barely had time to edit the rosters. I took some of Halzle's speed away and gave a little speed to Bradford. I just don't see Halzle being faster than SB. Anyways I'll have more updates on the gameplay later tonight when I get a chance to play.

OU-HSV
7/17/2007, 05:55 PM
General game question - does anyone play defense with anyone besides defensive linemen?

I used to strictly rock safeties until last year's game when it became impossible to defense a pass on your own. Anyone else go through this or know if it's any better in 08?

I rarely use the D-linemen...mainly in dime packages. 99.9% of the time I start from one of the LB positions.

OU-HSV
7/17/2007, 06:01 PM

And why is Gresham down the Depth chart?
When looking at the roster Gresham was third behind JJ and BE...however after I edited names and stuff on my roster I went into the depth chart and it listed Gresh at 2nd behind JJ. And I didn't edit his ratings or anything, for some reason the roster shows him 3rd down, but not the depth chart.
Also as other have said I noticed Loadholt was a white dude.
Another thing I just thought of is that (I'm pretty sure it was Cordero Moore), they showed him as a junior instead of a Soph, so you die hards will have to fix that in your roster as well.

D-Sweet
7/17/2007, 06:07 PM
I rarely use the D-linemen...mainly in dime packages. 99.9% of the time I start from one of the LB positions.
Damn, you LB users are truly skilled. I don't see how you maneuver a LB through traffic while reading what the offense is doing (unless you're blitzing). The S positions give you a little extra time to at least see how the play develops, while DLs just jump the snap and wreak havoc.

Sco
7/17/2007, 07:52 PM
Anyone who has played it, can you let me in on anything that stood out as better or worse for the PS2 version?

It's basically 07, but much smoother. Defensive controls switched so that sprinting is with X instead of O (thank God). QB-dodging, defensive hot routes are easier to use, a few minor adds that aren't anything to brag about.

However, the PS2 version is missing the following:
-Highlight reel
-Create-A-Legend doesn't start in high school, but the summer before
-Simming halfway through a game (I was VERY disappointed this was missing)

I still haven't found the trick plays in 08, but I've only played two games with OU - might not be in the playbook for them.

setem
7/17/2007, 07:52 PM
On my nephew's PS2 it has Gresh at the 2 spot.

I have XBOX but I have not played even though I baught it last night! So I don't know about the rosters.

Setem plays as BooBooKitty****.

Sco
7/17/2007, 08:00 PM
Ah - I also noticed that the tutorial videos had some interesting teams playing each other... they went with the usual upset-game trend...

Texas plays K-State
USC plays UCLA
Oregon plays Oregon State (I guess...)
OU plays BSU
OU plays Oregon

Yeah. That's right. Those last two are on there.

Boomerfreakinsooner
7/17/2007, 08:25 PM
If I have the 05 version, can I still play it?

BASSooner
7/17/2007, 08:35 PM
Alright, I heard there was a HUGE improvement about the recruiting. What is all of that about and will it also work with the PS2 and regular XBOX version?

OU-HSV
7/17/2007, 10:11 PM
Okay, just finished my first game on my PS2 and beat the crap out of Boise on Heisman level...good times, good times. It took me a while to find some good running plays, I rotated AP and DM, DM turned in the better stats. Bradford was surprisingly impressive. And for those of you who haven't played yet...you must get the ball in Gresham's hands, he's an absolute stud. The motion plays are cool, Gresham caught a pass 4 yards past the line of scrimmage and outran everyone 65 yds for a td. The change that messes with me most so far is the "switch player"/"speed burst" change, it sux.

Sco
7/17/2007, 10:44 PM
Alright, I heard there was a HUGE improvement about the recruiting. What is all of that about and will it also work with the PS2 and regular XBOX version?

The PS2 version, at least, has it where you can do pre-season recruiting after the off-season. That's all I noticed... but then again, I don't do the recruiting as much in my gameplay.

The_Red_Patriot
7/17/2007, 10:48 PM
fellas fellas fellas serioulsy. Your still playing with the Xbox and Ps2?

Its time to go Next Gen with the 360. Your missing out.

Salt City Sooner
7/17/2007, 11:13 PM
It's basically 07, but much smoother. Defensive controls switched so that sprinting is with X instead of O (thank God). QB-dodging, defensive hot routes are easier to use, a few minor adds that aren't anything to brag about.

However, the PS2 version is missing the following:
-Highlight reel
-Create-A-Legend doesn't start in high school, but the summer before
-Simming halfway through a game (I was VERY disappointed this was missing)

I still haven't found the trick plays in 08, but I've only played two games with OU - might not be in the playbook for them.

I found a certain Fiesta Bowl-losing two point conversion play in Ace Y Trips.

OU-HSV
7/17/2007, 11:21 PM
fellas fellas fellas serioulsy. Your still playing with the Xbox and Ps2?.......
:O

Landthief 1972
7/17/2007, 11:37 PM

I've had to replace 3 PS2s. No way in hell I'm giving Sony $600 so they can do it again with the PS3. I've also heard horror stories about the XBOX 360 sounding like a jet engine and still having cooling issues. I'll plod along on my ancient $130 PS2, thank you very much.

47straight
7/18/2007, 12:17 AM
Are the roster sizes still limited to some miniscule level as opposed to the full legit 85 man rosters?

TIA

Zing
7/18/2007, 01:44 AM
With respect to the custom covers, I'm looking to make my own: Anybody know where I can get a blank, or do I have to photoshop the dirty original clean?

Or, does anyone here HAVE a blank that I could use? Much appreciation and to someone if they help me out.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2007, 02:13 AM
One interesting glitch I noticed from the game already (hope it's just rare):

I did an exhibition game, OU hosting Missouri, and the game started out as a night game. During the course of the game, the darkness suddenly becomes daylight so you end the game under blue skies. The same thing happened when I played another game.

Also, having graduated from PS2 to the 360, it's going to take me a while to get used to the new controls. Having a hard time running the ball than I'm used to, even on short-yardage situations.

Another minor complaint: It seems like they made the words on the screen too small (e.g. the ESPN bottom line ticker) that you practically have to squint to see what you're reading.

Otherwise, real good game. Love the Super Sim feature and starting out your individual career playing at the high school level. Wish you could play a season mode for high school instead of just the playoffs.

D-Sweet
7/18/2007, 02:35 AM
With respect to the custom covers, I'm looking to make my own: Anybody know where I can get a blank, or do I have to photoshop the dirty original clean?

Or, does anyone here HAVE a blank that I could use? Much appreciation and to someone if they help me out.
Blank template: http://hosted.filefront.com/gschwendt/1913062

ANyone know where to get some big photos of OU players? All the photo archives at soonersports.com are gone.

Sco
7/18/2007, 06:39 AM

I know... I may jump up once funds become better...

One interesting glitch I noticed from the game already (hope it's just rare):

I did an exhibition game, OU hosting Missouri, and the game started out as a night game. During the course of the game, the darkness suddenly becomes daylight so you end the game under blue skies. The same thing happened when I played another game.

Also, having graduated from PS2 to the 360, it's going to take me a while to get used to the new controls. Having a hard time running the ball than I'm used to, even on short-yardage situations.

Another minor complaint: It seems like they made the words on the screen too small (e.g. the ESPN bottom line ticker) that you practically have to squint to see what you're reading.

Otherwise, real good game. Love the Super Sim feature and starting out your individual career playing at the high school level. Wish you could play a season mode for high school instead of just the playoffs.

I heard that the game supports real-time weather in the 360 and PS3 versions. Were you being an insomniac?

MextheBulldog
7/18/2007, 11:55 AM
Halzle is dangerously fast on the game - always nice to have a QB who can run in a tight spot.

Bradford throws a little better, especially on the deep balls.

Watch out for DM on those HB directs (i know, cheesy) and the screens - the boy can fly!

bstuff1979
7/18/2007, 02:00 PM
Halzle is fast, but he's almost Rex Grossman-esque in his ability to underthrow a flag route even though the coverage has broken down to man with no safety help. PSA- OU's front seven cannot handle a team that runs great offense between the tackles. So, if you play online, I'd avoid matchups against LSU. If the other guy knows his x's and o's, your in for a beat-down.

mxATVracer10
7/18/2007, 02:03 PM
Okay, just finished my first game on my PS2 and beat the crap out of Boise on Heisman level...good times, good times. It took me a while to find some good running plays, I rotated AP and DM, DM turned in the better stats. Bradford was surprisingly impressive. And for those of you who haven't played yet...you must get the ball in Gresham's hands, he's an absolute stud. The motion plays are cool, Gresham caught a pass 4 yards past the line of scrimmage and outran everyone 65 yds for a td. The change that messes with me most so far is the "switch player"/"speed burst" change, it sux.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that played them bastages first to get everything back right in the world. :D

I had a hard time getting everyone in the game. Everyone finished with pretty even stats at their respective positions with the exception of AP having 160 yds. to the 50-60 yds for the rest. DM was player of the game for his kick and punt returning skillz that led to two TDs. Bradford and Nichol were both 4 for 6 passing with near equal yardage.

Something weird I noticed when putting Murray in the slot though was that his confidence meter was flashing red:eek: Whats up with that? This was on the old skool xbox by the way. Had to call several blockbusters and hollywood video's before finally getting my hands on a copy from the blockbuster in Jenks. Did I mention modded xboxes are teh win? :texan:

Zing
7/18/2007, 10:50 PM
Wait, I just tried playing this co-op with a friend... am I correct in thinking that there is NO co-op mode?

soonerkaufmanII
7/18/2007, 11:42 PM
I lost DM for the season in dynasty mode. First game of the season, second quarter, dislocated elbow. Shortly after, I shattered my cordless controller. Has anybody else had a problem similar to this?

OUTrumpet
7/18/2007, 11:59 PM
I know there is no co-op mode on 360 on this year's or last year's version Zing.

First time I tried playing some teams the game would crash. OSU, Texas, Nebraska, and a few others. Would say the disc is dirty. Pulled it out, and there was a huge scratch on the back. Now to find a Wal-Mart that has a replacement :(

Zing
7/19/2007, 01:55 AM
I know there is no co-op mode on 360 on this year's or last year's version Zing.

First time I tried playing some teams the game would crash. OSU, Texas, Nebraska, and a few others. Would say the disc is dirty. Pulled it out, and there was a huge scratch on the back. Now to find a Wal-Mart that has a replacement :(

Ah, that's too bad. And about your disc, too. As of last night, both the east and west side wal-marts were out, but I'm sure you're more than well-aware. If you can just return it, the best buy near the interstate has a whole bundle of copies. That's where I got mine.

OUTrumpet
7/19/2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks, I'll give em a try.

MextheBulldog
7/19/2007, 11:14 AM
I lost DM for the season in dynasty mode. First game of the season, second quarter, dislocated elbow. Shortly after, I shattered my cordless controller. Has anybody else had a problem similar to this?

No but I did lose Sammy B to a 3 week hip pointer just before the ut game. Now i gotta fight through the whorns with Halzle and a game plan that is heavy on a run game. But Kelly is darn near unstoppable in man coverage, if the qb can git him the ball.

OUDoc
7/19/2007, 11:49 AM
But Kelly is darn near unstoppable in man coverage, if the qb can git him the ball.
Yes, he is. :D

SeattleOUstudent
7/19/2007, 12:37 PM

Ahhh...sounds like some EA scouts were at the Ardmore football games two years ago. GO AHS! :)

Landthief 1972
7/19/2007, 01:40 PM
Halzle is dangerously fast on the game - always nice to have a QB who can run in a tight spot.

Bradford throws a little better, especially on the deep balls.

Watch out for DM on those HB directs (i know, cheesy) and the screens - the boy can fly!

If he can run them like Darren McFadden from Arkansas, I say go for it. :)

Landthief 1972
7/19/2007, 01:41 PM

Have you tried some of the smaller towns within an hour's drive? I think Kingfisher still has some.

OUTrumpet
7/19/2007, 06:20 PM
Have you tried some of the smaller towns within an hour's drive? I think Kingfisher still has some.

Well, I called the WalMart in Moore, they still had 40 copies on 360, so I got my replacement. Despite the department manager at the west side saying there were no copies at a Wal-Mart within 50 miles of Norman.

OU-HSV
7/19/2007, 07:58 PM
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that played them bastages first to get everything back right in the world. :D

I had a hard time getting everyone in the game. Everyone finished with pretty even stats at their respective positions with the exception of AP having 160 yds. to the 50-60 yds for the rest. DM was player of the game for his kick and punt returning skillz that led to two TDs. Bradford and Nichol were both 4 for 6 passing with near equal yardage.

Something weird I noticed when putting Murray in the slot though was that his confidence meter was flashing red:eek: Whats up with that? This was on the old skool xbox by the way. Had to call several blockbusters and hollywood video's before finally getting my hands on a copy from the blockbuster in Jenks. Did I mention modded xboxes are teh win? :texan:
Yeah it is hard to get everyone in the game. I haven't even used C.B. or M.M. yet I've kept AP and DM so busy.

bstuff1979
7/19/2007, 08:44 PM
Here's a HUGE help for your pass protection:
sub in Cory Brandon (#70) for whoever they mistakenly put in at LT. Yeah, Loadholt should be in there but he was robbed in the rating dept. It'll give you more pocket time and around 10 less sacks and five less oskies. For those that like to play the high percentage cheep junk (and shame on you), the option out of the ace form is where it's at. To stop it, corner blitz and hot route your corner on the wide side to qb spy.

freshchris05
7/19/2007, 11:40 PM
Is it just our roster? From what ive heard and read, besides a few missing freshman, everyone seems happy with their rosters. I just think ours were butchered haha. Some things liked like dm and ap those seem fair and reggie being an impact player thats cool but phil being white and malcom not being an impact player bothers me. So does our whole secondary lineup. I mean you can go to soonersports.com and see our depth chart is not like its inside info, you know. But its just a game and if it wasnt offseason i prolly wouldnt even give a damn, but it is...:(

illinisooner
7/20/2007, 01:46 AM
Demarco has returned 6 punts for a TD and is averaging about 27 yards per return for me. I also put him at QB in the wishbone and he ran 77 yards for the GW TD at Boulder; it was one of those games the computer tries really hard to win by doing a bunch of ridiculous stuff. I think the Buffs were 9-10 on 3rd down and all of the completions were made by unbelievable catches into ridiculous coverages.

rhombic21
7/20/2007, 10:12 AM
A couple fun games that I had online:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hk-41KpTVig
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bMdcIPLMWRw

Collier11
7/20/2007, 10:53 AM
Defensive AI is finally better, not so easy to go deep and I had temple(im playing with UCONN) jump a slant route on me and take it pick 6 so passing overall isnt quite so easy. Overall, not a ton of diff stuff on PS2 version, but it plays much better

OSUFAN11
7/20/2007, 03:05 PM

Those were some cool videos to watch. It seemed like your online opponents were below average though.

arenateam
7/20/2007, 08:21 PM
i gotta get this game!

BASSooner
7/21/2007, 12:50 AM
malcolm kelly should be higher than a 90....

I love the new recruiting but it's irritating and easy only if you know how to do it(getting blue chips are not very hard). For those of you who don't have this game yet, the recruiting type this game has is a lot similar to mack brown's recruiting strategy, getting EARLY dibbs on players. You must recruit VERY early or you'll get screwed while in the offseason.

I like the new campus legend mode where you actually have to play in high school playoff games to earn college recognition

zeke
7/21/2007, 02:26 AM
is there any way you can get the players names on the jerseys? ive programed the names in but now i want them on the back... for 360?

Boffingham
7/21/2007, 02:27 AM
Amazon is my new best friend. I pre-ordered the game and had it in England the day before it was released. Now i have to wait for my Players Name memory card

Salt City Sooner
7/21/2007, 09:53 AM
Sounds to me like this year's WAAAAAYYYYYY overdone feature is discipline. I saw on another board where a guy simmed 6 years, & by the 5th year, he had FORTY (that's 40, & NOT a typo) teams on probation, & although he was the worst example, he was far from alone in it.

soonerinabilene
7/21/2007, 10:53 AM

Its pretty obvious that you touched the onside kick before it went 10 yards against va-tech.:D

OU-HSV
7/21/2007, 01:36 PM
I'm undefeated in my dynasty, after beating Miami I had to suspend Granger for 3 games due to an "NCAA investigation..." "...the OU president recommends suspension of this player until the NCAA team investigation is finished...(blah, blah, blah)." So I went ahead and suspended him their recommended 3 games. That kind of sucks.
I've got Sam as my starter, but he broke his jaw against the Utah state aggie sheephumpers. He's out 4 weeks. Has anyone seen the Medical Redshirt feature. It's about time that added that to the game.

OU-HSV
7/21/2007, 01:48 PM

Good gosh man, how many ints did you end up w/vs. USC. The most I've picked off in one game so far is 5...looked like you got at least 6 or more.

rhombic21
7/22/2007, 01:33 PM
I had 11 INTs in that game.

Sonner magic923
7/22/2007, 03:06 PM
man who ever was playing as USC needs to give it up he sucks

Zing
7/22/2007, 11:30 PM
I think there are several aspects of this game that I'm "not getting yet" - mostly due to inexperience, I'm sure. Played the NCAA '06 a bit, but that's all. Any advice for the n00b in me?

Basically, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a leg up, which defenses and offenses work best with Oklahoma? Are there some plays that you go to on a regular basis when you need steady yardage, or a reliable stop?

Sco
7/23/2007, 03:25 AM
I usually only switch between Monster 3 and Thunder 2 in the 4-3 package for defense.

Offense I run just about everything.

Collier11
7/23/2007, 10:25 AM
I think there are several aspects of this game that I'm "not getting yet" - mostly due to inexperience, I'm sure. Played the NCAA '06 a bit, but that's all. Any advice for the n00b in me?

Basically, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a leg up, which defenses and offenses work best with Oklahoma? Are there some plays that you go to on a regular basis when you need steady yardage, or a reliable stop?

If the other team is alot faster, I play alot of Dime and Dime 3-2-6.

Sco
7/23/2007, 02:35 PM
Just picked up a 360 Premium for $240 - gotta love store auctions...

I will be getting this game on 360 - the way it was meant to be - very soon

Fraggle145
7/23/2007, 04:09 PM
Just got my edition. Too bad just for plain xbox, but still a really good game. has all of the same features (yes I am a dirt poor student all xbox 360 donations are accepted). Allen Patrick is a frickin beast (so is D. Murray). I break I-Form Counter Lead for a 50+ yd score once every 3-4 times I run it. dont run through the line just run around everybody. Still having problems getting the in season recruiting down. Apparently everyone I targeted hates me. Even after I beat Baylor 100-14. bastards.

Anyway, things I noticed: Fumbling is an issue, kick returns are easier (Have two with D. Murray, and 6 with M. Walker [didnt knotice he was who they started there until I had 2 with him in the first game]), dont throw to a man that is covered they will pick your *** off, defending the pass is way harder (every game someone throws a long one on me, ****es me off), Goalline Iso is no longer a guaranteed score, in fact I can never get it to work.

Good game.

Fraggle145
7/23/2007, 04:12 PM
I got PS2 game today. Mike Reed is on there..if I remember right they had his weight or height off just slightly, and you have to change Garrett Hartley's number to allow Reed to use #10. I went through and edited the whole roster, the main players I noticed missing were some of the true freshman. Also noticed issues with the DE position as someone else said, including the fact that Auston English isn't on there. Brandon Caleb isn't there, and only Knall and Hartley in the kicking game. I still haven't played any games, I've been taking care of my sick son today so barely had time to edit the rosters. I took some of Halzle's speed away and gave a little speed to Bradford. I just don't see Halzle being faster than SB. Anyways I'll have more updates on the gameplay later tonight when I get a chance to play.

I noticed the same things. Reed is just two inches taller than he is listed. Nobody's hometown is right.

Collier11
7/23/2007, 04:19 PM
J I break I-Form Counter Lead for a 50+ yd score once every 3-4 times I run it. dont run through the line just run around everybody. Still having problems getting the in season recruiting down. Apparently everyone I targeted hates me. Even after I beat Baylor 100-14. bastards.

Anyway, things I noticed: Fumbling is an issue, kick returns are easier (Have two with D. Murray, and 6 with M. Walker [didnt knotice he was who they started there until I had 2 with him in the first game])

you can adjust the sliders unless you just enjoy beating the dog snot out of everyone? ;)

Fraggle145
7/23/2007, 04:20 PM

I am not skilled enough to cover on my own, so i just play with the D-line. If you get a good jump I typically just toss the guy over and wreak havoc. I guess that means we are n00bs and would get pwned online.

I'm in ur endzone doin my danzes

Fraggle145
7/23/2007, 04:23 PM
you can adjust the sliders unless you just enjoy beating the dog snot out of everyone? ;)

:D it does make me feel good. I am just doing the varsity run through right now until I get the feel of the game and get used to not just laying on the sprint and instead using the highlight stick. I have zero pocket presence as I tend to look at the coverage so i get smashed.

any suggestions for not having the long pass popped on me at least once a game. It seems like they always get behind my secondary even when I put them in double coverage.

Collier11
7/23/2007, 05:03 PM
Two things that I do are this to prevent deep passes, obviously try and get qb pressure but if you are the faster team I like to bring my corners up in press coverage. I play mostly out of the Dime or Dime 3-2-6 because of the speed of added db's. I would consider myself a pretty good college football video gamer, I play on All-American with sliders weighted to the computer.

OU-HSV
7/23/2007, 10:03 PM
I noticed the same things. Reed is just two inches taller than he is listed. Nobody's hometown is right.
Their hometowns are never right, I think that's probably an NCAA regulation when they make the game..you know just like they can't put names on the jerseys in the NCAA game, but they can in the Madden game. However about 99.999% of the time their home state is correct. Which comes in real handy if (for example) you have two WR's left to put a name to and one (in real life) is from Dallas, TX and the other (in real life) is from Tulsa, OK. What you do in this situation is of course look at the heights and weight and jersey number...and if that's not enough to get you there, look at the home state and they damn near always have the home state right. So it will show a WR from Pearland, TX (instead of dallas) and it may show Enid, OK for the other WR. And after looking at all the variables plus the homestate you can figure out who is who.

OU-HSV
7/23/2007, 10:09 PM
Just got my edition. Too bad just for plain xbox, but still a really good game. has all of the same features (yes I am a dirt poor student all xbox 360 donations are accepted). Allen Patrick is a frickin beast (so is D. Murray). I break I-Form Counter Lead for a 50+ yd score once every 3-4 times I run it. dont run through the line just run around everybody. Still having problems getting the in season recruiting down. Apparently everyone I targeted hates me. Even after I beat Baylor 100-14. bastards.

Anyway, things I noticed: Fumbling is an issue, kick returns are easier (Have two with D. Murray, and 6 with M. Walker [didnt knotice he was who they started there until I had 2 with him in the first game]), dont throw to a man that is covered they will pick your *** off, defending the pass is way harder (every game someone throws a long one on me, ****es me off), Goalline Iso is no longer a guaranteed score, in fact I can never get it to work.

Good game.
What's your problem with the in season recruiting? I mean are you for sure distributing "recruiting points" to each target each week?

I know what you're saying about the long pass every game. I held Tulsa to like 58 yards through 3 qtrs. and then, boom..they torched reggie for a 65 yard td pass. And then Courtney Tennial started breaking a few long runs..he's good in the game, but Paul Smith sucks in the game (or our secondary is exceptionally good in the game).

I've gotten close to breaking td's on kick returns w/both Reggie and DM..but haven't gotten one yet. HOWEVER, Reggie is at the top of the heisman list after already returning 6 punts for td's and my next game is only vs. Colorado so the season is young.

OUDoc
7/24/2007, 08:01 AM
I haven't seen anything on this yet,
can you get the names back on OU's jerseys?

Fraggle145
7/24/2007, 08:29 AM
What's your problem with the in season recruiting? I mean are you for sure distributing "recruiting points" to each target each week?

I know what you're saying about the long pass every game. I held Tulsa to like 58 yards through 3 qtrs. and then, boom..they torched reggie for a 65 yard td pass. And then Courtney Tennial started breaking a few long runs..he's good in the game, but Paul Smith sucks in the game (or our secondary is exceptionally good in the game).

I've gotten close to breaking td's on kick returns w/both Reggie and DM..but haven't gotten one yet. HOWEVER, Reggie is at the top of the heisman list after already returning 6 punts for td's and my next game is only vs. Colorado so the season is young.

Ya I am distributing the points, I guess I am just not distributing enough to the right guy :confused:... All I know is out of the 1st 15 guys I picked I only have 2 left, and they arent even 2 I really wanted. All I know is have guys take their official visit as soon as possible. I'm sure it'll get better after I win the NAtional Title.

The long pass thing really irks me. For returns I always do the Double Lightning and it seems to open things up on one of the sidelines. Granted I am only playing on varsity just till I get the hang of it, I but I had 3 PR for TD's and 1 KR for a TD. I always get them when I go left.

OUDoc, ya you can edit the rosters by hand, and what HSV said is right on you can figure out who people are via hgt/wgt and homestate if the number is not correct.

BTW, how many here reset the game if it starts to go terribly? Just wanted to make sure I am not the only one.

mxATVracer10
7/24/2007, 11:10 AM
BTW, how many here reset the game if it starts to go terribly? Just wanted to make sure I am not the only one.

Used to do this every time I was about to lose a game when I was younger, nowadays though I just let it play out and take what it gives me....

Unless I feel like the computer cheated me, then some buttons may "accidentally" get pressed ;)

D-Sweet
7/24/2007, 02:29 PM
The rosters for every team are already available on ncaastrategies.com (at least for PS2).

Collier11
7/24/2007, 02:40 PM
rosters have been out for two weeks. Go to gamefaqs.com, then go to the message board for 08 for your console, then look for rosters boards and there are several places to get them

OU-HSV
7/24/2007, 08:47 PM
Ya I am distributing the points, I guess I am just not distributing enough to the right guy :confused:... All I know is out of the 1st 15 guys I picked I only have 2 left, and they arent even 2 I really wanted. All I know is have guys take their official visit as soon as possible. I'm sure it'll get better after I win the NAtional Title.

The long pass thing really irks me. For returns I always do the Double Lightning and it seems to open things up on one of the sidelines. Granted I am only playing on varsity just till I get the hang of it, I but I had 3 PR for TD's and 1 KR for a TD. I always get them when I go left.

OUDoc, ya you can edit the rosters by hand, and what HSV said is right on you can figure out who people are via hgt/wgt and homestate if the number is not correct.

That's crazy, I've only lost like 3 recruits I think. I just beat Colorado a few minutes ago. You're right about the visits, I always schedule them at the soonest week they're available even if it's a bye week. How far into the dynasty are you?
To this point I only reset it vs. Miami. As ATVracer said, when I was younger I reset it a lot, but I'm not too bad with it anymore, in fact I've decided I'm not doing any resets this season since that Miami game. Trying to keep it realistic and I try to remember you can't win all games always. Also as ATV said I'll reset it mainly if they are having one of those all world games against me and making me turnover the ball 50 times, etc.

bstuff1979
7/24/2007, 10:39 PM
anybody have any tips for defending the option(online). Unless you play with the strong side safety,you're toast. The guys who made the game...well, I think they've never heard of "pitch man". I know x's and o's well enough, but this is eating my brains like Joe Paterno. Corner blitz's go straight for the ball carrier, qb spy is what it is, and having a guy or two man up on the tailback takes freakishly fast hand movement and gets your tail kicked on play-action.

Collier11
7/24/2007, 11:18 PM
try two things, first corner blitz and you control outside ILb that can take pitch man that way if he cuts back inside hopefully you have mlb there.
Or, try sliding your de over to the side that you think the option is going and control your mlb or ILB

OSUFAN11
7/25/2007, 10:28 AM
anybody have any tips for defending the option(online). Unless you play with the strong side safety,you're toast. The guys who made the game...well, I think they've never heard of "pitch man". I know x's and o's well enough, but this is eating my brains like Joe Paterno. Corner blitz's go straight for the ball carrier, qb spy is what it is, and having a guy or two man up on the tailback takes freakishly fast hand movement and gets your tail kicked on play-action.

I play online quite a bit with 08 on the 360 and I have found that going in a 4-3 man defense and having your DE's contain the outside is a good way to stop the option. Control your middle LB and shadow the RB(your middle LB is almost always covering the RB in man. Sometimes he covers the FB if the offense is in an I formation but you can just slide your middle LB over a little and you will switch to the RB.) The QB may get a chance to cut up the middle because your DE's will slide outside to contain but your LB's should be there to take care of that. Blitzing your corners like Collier said will work too but it can be risky. I am not saying that what works for me will work for you but I think it will help. I like to consider myself a pretty good NCAA Football gamer(ranked in the top 100 online) and that is what I use to slow down the option.

bstuff1979
7/25/2007, 02:23 PM
thanks for all the help on the option. sometimes I'll just have the wrong D expecting to see a quick pass or a between the tackles run, but in general it just seems way to easy to run the option. i'll give the tips a try tonight.

joeTsooner
7/25/2007, 03:03 PM
Has anyone caught that the "Texas Fan" from those NCAA 08 commercials is actually a Baylor grad and actor living in LA?

http://www.burntorangenation.com/story/2007/7/24/183447/288

If they would have hired a real longhorn, you prob wouldn't be able to understand em.

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/26/2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure if I like the new recruiting or not. (360) I like recruiting all season long, but geez if you have 35 guys on your list it takes like 15-20 minutes just to contact each one of them between games. I like that you schedule stuff for them to do during their visits. I am at the 8th game and all I have got to commit so far is a kicker, so after every game...35 phone calls.

The hot route on defense is worthless vs the computer. The computer hikes the ball in about 2 seconds...but I also hate to wait for the ball to be hiked so its a draw I guess.

My QB's combined have 18 picks in 7 games, yet Im still undefeated thanks to my defense getting about as many picks, with DJ Wolfe and Reggie taking at least 6-8 back for TD's

Best game so far, beat Miami (All-American) with a last second 51 yard field goal.

MUCH better than last years 360 version in my opinion.

soonerkj
7/26/2007, 08:56 PM
I just got the game the other day and it's pretty cool! Did you guys realize that you can actually put your favorite plays online and share? I posted a couple on my blog the other day. I'd post them here, but cannot figure out how!

Here's a link to my blog....

http://kjimages.blogs.com/kevins_blog/

Boomer Sooner!

KJ

mxATVracer10
7/27/2007, 08:16 AM
anyone playing on the ol' skool xbox figure out the recruiting part yet? I'm able to distribute points to each target, but I cannot get it to anything else. Is that all you do on xbox is distribute freakin points??? I saw on the help screen that you click the R analog stick to "set up visit" but I cant get it to do anything :confused:

Scott D
7/27/2007, 09:35 AM
anyone playing on the ol' skool xbox figure out the recruiting part yet? I'm able to distribute points to each target, but I cannot get it to anything else. Is that all you do on xbox is distribute freakin points??? I saw on the help screen that you click the R analog stick to "set up visit" but I cant get it to do anything :confused:

old school xbox and ps2 don't have all of the fancier new features. However, they've updated the recruiting visits of your potentials by allowing you to select things for them to do when on campus on the visit.

Landthief 1972
7/27/2007, 09:47 AM
To me, recruiting is the worst part about playing dynasty. I hate micromanaging that crap. If I wanted to do that, I'd buy EA Midlevel Office Manager 2008. :D I guess I'm just lazy.:texan:

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 02:52 PM
Dear EA Sports,

This was not what I had in mind when I wanted a harder dynasty mode on this year's game. I beg you next year to include a feature where receivers catch the ball, just like in real life, when they're down the field, wide open, and it hits them in the hands. Also, please design next years game where your rb's, qb's, wr's, etc. do not spontaneously fumble on 3 straight possessions when the computer is ****ed about being down by 17.

Also, for future reference, it's not cool when you have a wide open receiver on the right seam, your qb is planted and facing no pressure whatsoever, and he still misses the receiver by 20 yards. Thank you for your considerations.

Your loyal fan,

Snrfn4ever08

:D

mizzOUstu702
7/27/2007, 04:41 PM
Dear EA Sports,

This was not what I had in mind when I wanted a harder dynasty mode on this year's game. I beg you next year to include a feature where receivers catch the ball, just like in real life, when they're down the field, wide open, and it hits them in the hands. Also, please design next years game where your rb's, qb's, wr's, etc. do not spontaneously fumble on 3 straight possessions when the computer is ****ed about being down by 17.

Also, for future reference, it's not cool when you have a wide open receiver on the right seam, your qb is planted and facing no pressure whatsoever, and he still misses the receiver by 20 yards. Thank you for your considerations.

Your loyal fan,

Snrfn4ever08

Agreed. Spot on with the recievers not catching, or attempting to catch, the ball as well. And linebackers? I cringe every time a ball grazes the shoulder of one of my linebackers and hits the "open" receiver for a first down. Defending the pass against the computer is way harder than it should be. I agree, I wanted a little bit of a challenge compared to past years, but--in the words of the ever-repeating Kirk Herbstreit--"this is ridiculous".

47straight
7/27/2007, 04:44 PM
Dear EA Sports,

Your loyal fan,

Snrfn4ever08

Dear Snrfn4ever08,

We already overwork our developers into divorce and depression, and sadly we cannot actually program more difficult AI into playcalling and players' reactions and decisions. Consequently, monkeying with the randomize function on fumbles, picks and drops is the only thing we've got to work with. Yes it's bush league and has been done since the original baseball game for the Atari 2600, but it's proven.

Sincerely and thank you for your $69,

EA Sports Management

Ardmore_Sooner
7/27/2007, 05:06 PM
Anyone know where one can buy a Xbox Transfer Kit to download the rosters from on-line?

OUTrumpet
7/27/2007, 06:09 PM
If you're looking for roster for the 360 Ardmore, I've heard that it doesn't work. Something about how your XBox thinks you're trying to cheat the system with accomplishments, and won't load or recognize it.

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 10:40 PM
I've got a memory card with the roster files coming in this next week that I got off of ebay. I've been quite impressed with these things in the past. I'll let you know if it's any good. I got it for $33 shipped...not a bad deal at all for a brand new microsoft memory card plus some. As for downloading the files, I've don't have any experience with that

Boffingham
7/28/2007, 02:14 AM
If you're looking for roster for the 360 Ardmore, I've heard that it doesn't work. Something about how your XBox thinks you're trying to cheat the system with accomplishments, and won't load or recognize it.

you can do it for the 360...i did.

first, save the roster to your HDD.
Next, go in and rename a player or add an attribute...change it in some way
Further more, save the roster as something else back to your HDD and your memory card.
After that, open the new roster file to make sure it works.
if it does, save the same file back to your memory card.
Finally, delete the original roster file.

works like a champ.

Sco
7/28/2007, 03:41 AM
So I just returned by PS2 version for the 360 version since I just got a 360 - HOLY CHANGES, BATMAN! PS2's version is a piece of cake compared to the 360. A lot has to do with the different controls (A is not sprint, A is not sprint...) and the weird setup for the playbook (HB Direct, anyone???), but it seems that the QBs are a lot less accurate and the entire game moves a LOT slower. I'm used to my players shooting down the field. Give me more time to react, but I'm anticipating being down the field a lot faster.

Oy. I don't like re-learning this.

Mr T Likes Texas
7/28/2007, 02:44 PM
the entire game moves a LOT slower. I'm used to my players shooting down the field. Give me more time to react, but I'm anticipating being down the field a lot faster.

yeah i am way happy with this years version for 360- change the difficulty to all-american or heisman if you want more realistic speed. on varsity it takes like 6 seconds to sprint 40 yards.

Snrfn4ever08
7/28/2007, 03:19 PM
yeah i am way happy with this years version for 360- change the difficulty to all-american or heisman if you want more realistic speed. on varsity it takes like 6 seconds to sprint 40 yards.
If you know what's good for you, don't switch to Heisman mode. It's not worth the frustration

Mr T Likes Texas
7/28/2007, 03:24 PM
If you know what's good for you, don't switch to Heisman mode. It's not worth the frustration

aw come on.. afraid of a little challenge? ;)

i only had a problem running up the middle, and playing defense on heisman...but the texas o-line sucks, jamaal charles is like a rag doll, and the secondary is fresh out of high school. it's getting better and i'm enjoying it.

illinisooner
7/28/2007, 07:01 PM
Just for fun I simmed the 07 season today...I don't know if it was a glitch in the game or what, but Stevie McGee had an incredible season and even got quite a few Heisman votes. Threw somethin like 44 TD's! Brennan won the Heisman and USC destroyed Va Tech for the national title. Sooners lost to A&M but went 13-1 and beat Wisconsin in the Fiesta Bowl.

bstuff1979
7/28/2007, 09:35 PM
so...the miami game might be a little tighter than I had hoped (at least in make-believe land). Just over a minute left in the game, Miami is driving inside the OU 10yd line holding on to a lead of 14-10. With the game on the line, in steps Sooner Magic. Lendy Holmes intercepts the pass out of the back of the endzone and returns it for a touchdown. OU wins 18-14. game video: http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-16613/HOME/9550

OKC-SLC
7/28/2007, 10:02 PM
so...the miami game might be a little tighter than I had hoped (at least in make-believe land). Just over a minute left in the game, Miami is driving inside the OU 10yd line holding on to a lead of 14-10. With the game on the line, in steps Sooner Magic. Lendy Holmes intercepts the pass out of the back of the endzone and returns it for a touchdown. OU wins 18-14. game video: http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-16613/HOME/9550
the game looks excellent on the 360 platform. i hadn't seen it yet.

OU-HSV
7/29/2007, 07:31 AM
the game looks excellent on the 360 platform. i hadn't seen it yet.
Agreed, that's the first time I've seen a vid from 360, those graphics blow my PS2 graphics away.

Boffingham
8/5/2007, 03:27 AM
Texas just missed the extra point to tie the game with :08 left. I got an error when trying to save the highlight. Anybody else have that problem? Solution?

Sco
8/5/2007, 09:57 AM
There was a HUGE glitch in my game the other night in OT. I'm playing HB in Legend mode, and here's what happened:

OSU gets the ball first, scores a TD
OU gets the ball, scores a TD
OU gets the ball, throws an interception
OSU gets the ball, scores a TD
OSU gets the ball, scores a FG

Yeah... that should have been over with the pick... but I guess the game also thought it just ain't right for Pokes to beat us... :D

Soonerfan1993
8/5/2007, 06:05 PM
Just over a minute left in the game, Miami is driving inside the OU 10yd line holding on to a lead of 14-10. With the game on the line, in steps Sooner Magic. Lendy Holmes intercepts the pass

That sure wouldn't happen in a real game

bstuff1979
8/5/2007, 10:57 PM
That sure wouldn't happen in a real game

It probably wouldn't, but in a real game the strong safety or outside linebaker would actually remember that he is responsible for the pitchman. The game's a lot of fun, but there are a handfull of things that just don't live up to the "if it's in the game" slogan.

TopDawg
8/6/2007, 05:43 PM
aw come on.. afraid of a little challenge? ;)

i only had a problem running up the middle, and playing defense on heisman...but the texas o-line sucks, jamaal charles is like a rag doll, and the secondary is fresh out of high school. it's getting better and i'm enjoying it.

I rolled through the 2007 season on All-American mode, then switched to Heisman for 2008. I'm still undefeated, but the games are a lot closer. The big difference for me is that the AI for opposing quarterbacks seems to be better so they don't throw into coverage as much (I had a whole slew of INTs in '07...5 DBs in the top 5 for the Thorpe Award) and my DBs don't pull down as many of the ones that are close...knocking them down instead of picking them off.

I've found that it's incredibly easy to rack up big yards on the option with Halzle and DeMarco (especially if the D is playing man and you're running the Power Option out of I-Formation, Twins). DeMarco has put up a few 300+ games even on Heisman level. I think he's already at 2500 on the year and I have two regular season games left. I have to restrain myself from using it too much.

OU-HSV
8/6/2007, 09:27 PM
Im still in my first season in Heisman mode, still undefeated. I'm ranked #1 and nebraska is ranked #2. I have to beat the sheephumpers and then I should end up playing nebraska in the c.c.g. It will obviously make for a huge game. Murray has sick stats as do all of my dbs. The QBs arent that great.

freshchris05
8/6/2007, 09:44 PM
I love the summer training... i actually made some of our players look decent and not like 2 star recruits fresh out of high school... like i said before, our roster blows on this game....

MextheBulldog
8/6/2007, 11:50 PM

Sweet little feature seeing game video online....and nice INT...