PDA

View Full Version : Motivation and Grudge Games This Year

IronHorseSooner
7/16/2007, 10:50 AM
It seems as if a lot of games this year can be "prove a point" games for some reason or another:

North Texas- Coached by former Hook em, and see UTerus below
Miami- The '80s and remember where the chair of the infractions committee came
Tulsa- In state rival, came too close to us in "the year that never happened"
Colorado- They were picked by DMN to beat us:confused:
Hook 'em - Need I say more, and remember that one of the members of the infractions committee was a former Texas Supreme Court justice
Mizzou- Homecoming (anybody willing to help me a better reason for this one?)
Iowa State- Payback to Chizik
A&M- For the complaining about our infractions, see the second part of the Texas reasoning above, coming too damn close to us last year
Baylor- Any Texas team this year qualifies as a grudge due to the Texas rep on the infractions committee
TTech- The return to the scene of the crime, and the same reason as Baylor, UTerus, A&M, and North Texas
:stunned: Do we need any other reason why, plus if we could beat "The Greatest Offense on Earth":rolleyes: that would be another great feat
Nebraska- (assuming they win the north) Do we need any other reason than Callahan

The only one that I could not think of a reason was Utah State. Mizzou is kind weak, as well. Like I wrote above, the Texas teams will also pay for having a former Texas Supreme Court justice on the infractions committee.

TexasLidig8r
7/16/2007, 11:26 AM
Like I wrote above, the Texas teams will also pay for having a former Texas Supreme Court justice on the infractions committee.

That former Texas Supreme Court justice was the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court, obtained his undergrad from Baylor and his law degree from Harvard Law and has a reputation as being one of the more fair, unbiased, intelligent judges on the bench in the last 20 years.

setem
7/16/2007, 11:40 AM
Leave it to a whorn to defend the asshat!

SoonerStormchaser
7/16/2007, 12:31 PM
Correction, leave it to a whorn with a BOWTIE to defend that asshat!

Edmond Sooner
7/16/2007, 12:40 PM
Top four:

1. Texas.*

2. T-Tech - Genesis/progenitor of the crowd-influenced blown call.

3. Miami for the very reasons you state, 1980's rivalry. Plus, I hear they're arrogant as ever, at least those not biding their time in the cooler.

4. Nebraska. Callahan is Lester without the growling & grunting for the cameras.

*As always and forever, world without end. Amen.

swardboy
7/16/2007, 12:44 PM
Mizzou scares me. What if the tight end had caught that wide-open, sure TD pass last year? The dynamics of the game could have changed for the worse. Chase Daniel is one of the better qb's we'll face.