PDA

View Full Version : It's British Open Week

Pages : [1] 2

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 09:45 AM
Everyone update your avatars accordingly.

TIA

r5TPsooner
7/16/2007, 09:50 AM
Worst of all the majors.

soonernation
7/16/2007, 10:16 AM

TIA

Done.

http://www.angelboergoatranch.com/MVC-425F.JPG

dolemitesooner
7/16/2007, 10:41 AM
Tiger Wins

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 11:41 AM

TIA

Please ignore the trees and lush grass in my avatar; none of that will be found at the BO.

Mongo
7/16/2007, 11:43 AM
Dean is to Harry Potter as Mjcpr is to Golf.

nerds, the whole lot of ya

Newbomb Turk
7/16/2007, 11:47 AM
It really is quite beautiful.

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/07/18/golf2.jpg

soonernation
7/16/2007, 12:56 PM
It really is quite beautiful.

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/07/18/golf2.jpg

It really is.

http://www.mbfarviewfarm.com/images/Dairy-Goats/Dairy-Goats-Pasture-1.jpg

Boomer.....
7/16/2007, 12:56 PM
Looks like one big fairway.

OU4LIFE
7/16/2007, 01:48 PM
In.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050715/050715_nicklaus_hmed_5p.h2.jpg

he's got a little captain in 'im

Boffingham
7/16/2007, 01:52 PM
i'll send pictures from carnoustie

C&CDean
7/16/2007, 02:05 PM
Dean is to Harry Potter as Mjcpr is to Golf.

nerds, the whole lot of ya

Uh wrong. I am to Harry Potter what Pat is to penis juice.

I haven't played golf in almost 4 years now and I'm thinking I could go out cold and still beat Pat by 6 or so strokes straight up.

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 02:07 PM

I haven't played golf in almost 4 years now and I'm thinking I could go out cold and still beat Pat by 6 or so strokes straight up.

You just worry about your fence mending and whatnot, Old MacDonald.

:texan:

Mongo
7/16/2007, 02:08 PM

BS, as much as he strokes it, you'll never catch up

OU4LIFE
7/16/2007, 02:15 PM
I smell a challenge.

Me and Dean against Pat and Picasso. Match play. Any course.

sooneron
7/16/2007, 02:15 PM
Worst of all the majors.
negworthy AND ignorant

ChickSoonerFan
7/16/2007, 02:17 PM
Please ignore the trees and lush grass in my avatar; none of that will be found at the BO.

But there will be cattle :confused:

OU4LIFE
7/16/2007, 02:17 PM
negworthy AND ignorant

agreed. I'd rank it first or second. It's a tie for me between the Open and the US open.

sooneron
7/16/2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, that place is a real eyesore. :rolleyes:

http://www.donaldfordimages.com/carnoustiestory/c8.jpg

bumpkins all of ya, cept Hairy and of course, Crimson.

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 02:21 PM
But there will be cattle :confused:

I would not be a bit surprised.

soonernation
7/16/2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that place is a real eyesore. :rolleyes:

http://www.donaldfordimages.com/carnoustiestory/c8.jpg

bumpkins all of ya, cept Hairy and of course, Crimson.

I bet the course you see this weekend looks nothing like that. It will look more like the courses you play in January.

The history of the BO is great but the courses are not. Would you go half way across the world to knock it around a dried up POS? I would rather play almost any major championship course in the USA than Carnoustie.

OU4LIFE
7/16/2007, 03:13 PM
Would you go half way across the world to knock it around a dried up POS?

damn skippy I would. It's called the home of golf. Don't dis it just because you grew up learning a game that is wholly unlike the game as it was intended to be played...on the ground. 95 percent of us golfers couldn't hit a bump and run shot to save their lives.

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 03:20 PM
damn skippy I would. It's called the home of golf. Don't dis it just because you grew up learning a game that is wholly unlike the game as it was intended to be played...on the ground. 95 percent of us golfers couldn't hit a bump and run shot to save their lives.

Oh, please......I hit them all the freakin' time. Usually with a 3 or 4 iron.

Jimminy Crimson
7/16/2007, 03:20 PM

TIA

IN.

soonernation
7/16/2007, 03:22 PM

Don't get me wrong I realize the history of golf and where it came from. I just don't like the BO courses. To me there ugly and overrated. Plus I don't like the fact that they use the term "Champion Golfer of the Year". For some reason that irks me. I guess they think it's the only tournament of the year that matters.

Would you rather play Augusta National or the Old Course in St. Andrews?

Harry Beanbag
7/16/2007, 04:42 PM

St. Andrews. Not only is it the birthplace of golf, but also Scotch. Close enough to Ireland to get some fresh Guinness as well.

sooneron
7/16/2007, 05:39 PM
I bet the course you see this weekend looks nothing like that. It will look more like the courses you play in January.

The history of the BO is great but the courses are not. Would you go half way across the world to knock it around a dried up POS? I would rather play almost any major championship course in the USA than Carnoustie.
Yes I would, in a friggin heartbeat- Muirfield, St Andrews, Car-nasty- you name it, I'd hit it.

sooneron
7/16/2007, 05:42 PM
Don't get me wrong I realize the history of golf and where it came from. I just don't like the BO courses. To me there ugly and overrated. Plus I don't like the fact that they use the term "Champion Golfer of the Year". For some reason that irks me. I guess they think it's the only tournament of the year that matters.

First of all, which of the other side of the pond courses have you played to deem them "overrated"?

Second, I would first jump at the chance to play Augusta, as it would be pretty near impossible to duplicate the opportunity. Unlike the redneck blue bloods that run Augusta, I can go play St Andrews as a mere regular dude and I plan to as the wife has promised me a golf trip in ten years for my 50th. I'm hitting at least 5 of the big'uns over there.

sooneron
7/16/2007, 05:48 PM
Why would anyone want to play this POS??

http://www.greenislandgolftours.com/images%5CArdglass%20Golf%20Club.jpg

SleestakSooner
7/16/2007, 05:49 PM
It's my island!http://www.supertravel.co.uk/golf/golfcourses/images/linksFancourt.jpg

sooneron
7/16/2007, 06:11 PM
For my non-Eldrick pick, I'm taking Ernie.

Newbomb Turk
7/16/2007, 07:39 PM
I'm not a huge big fan of the British Open courses or for that matter the "Open Championship" itself. I'd rather watch any other major or the TCP.

That being said, I think Carnoustie is my favorite course on the rota. And it's OK with me to get to watch a different brand of golf now and then.

Watched highlights of the 99 Open yesterday where Van de velde absolutely tore up the 18th hole. Still one of the most unbelievable things I have ever witnessed in golf.

GottaHavePride
7/16/2007, 07:53 PM

I suck at golf and I'd pick St. Andrews without even blinking.

r5TPsooner
7/16/2007, 08:20 PM
Augusta pawns St. Andrews any day of the week. I have played both and each has there charms but I have yet to play a course that was as well cared for and maintained as Augusta National. Plus anyone can play St. Andrews but only a few lucky bastards can get on Augusta National once in there lifetime. Also, you can't get kick *** peach cobbler at St. Andrews!

If you wanna talk about an overrated course, look no further than Pebble Beach. Expensive, 6+ hour round and the condition of the course is nowhere like you see on TV. Plus the staff is about as arrogant as you'll ever see.

phead903
7/16/2007, 08:55 PM
The Open is my 2nd favorite major behind The Masters - with the US Open, you get tricked up courses and the PGA is always played in 100 degree heat. The courses in GB are true tests of golf - every shot must be played to score well.

Behind Eldrick, I'm pulling for a sentimental favorite, Darren Clarke.

OU4LIFE
7/17/2007, 09:15 AM
Augusta or St. Andrews...

It would be hard to turn down Augusta simply because of the elite factor. But if it was one chance to play either and never have the chance at either again, I'd pick St. Andrews. For just too many reasons to list.

FWIW, if you don't like BO golf, then you will HATE Bandon Dunes...with a passion.

King Crimson
7/17/2007, 09:29 AM
FWIW, if you don't like BO golf, then you will HATE Bandon Dunes...with a passion.

and Pacific Dunes, and Ballyneal, and Sand Hills....

i hope some of you realize the original Augusta National design was deeply influenced by Bobby Jones and architect Alister Mackenzie's deep love and appreciation for the Old Course. the way (every friggin year) they are posed as opposites and culminations of "the two paradigms" is absurd. the only real difference is social: that TOC, like all the courses at St. Andrews, are open for daily play (the populist spirit of golf in Scotland) vs. the thrill of elitism.

as it stands: "how it looks on TV (grounds for ultimate pronouncement as we see in this annual thread), it's grooming, the green grass, and the trees"....are mere (highly constructed) aesthetic preferences that have almost nothing to do with swinging a golf club and putting this little ball into that 4 inch cup 430 yards from here and only touching it 4 times.

picasso
7/17/2007, 10:12 AM
Worst of all the majors.
it's my favorite.

picasso
7/17/2007, 10:13 AM

St. Andrews alllll day.

picasso
7/17/2007, 10:15 AM
Augusta pawns St. Andrews any day of the week. I have played both and each has there charms but I have yet to play a course that was as well cared for and maintained as Augusta National.
how does that make it a better course?

weeds cut with nail clippers and pretty flowers doesn't make one the best.

Newbomb Turk
7/17/2007, 11:21 AM
aesthetic preferences that have almost nothing to do with swinging a golf club and putting this little ball into that 4 inch cup 430 yards from here and only touching it 4 times.

9 or 10 times in my case.

Newbomb Turk
7/17/2007, 11:27 AM
it's grooming, the green grass, and the trees"....are mere (highly constructed) aesthetic preferences that have almost nothing to do with swinging a golf club and putting this little ball into that 4 inch cup 430 yards from here and only touching it 4 times.

you need to tell that to Tiger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfDk1Oxj_A

picasso
7/17/2007, 11:30 AM
Carnoustie is a sweet course.

screw 'em if they don't be a liking.

Newbomb Turk
7/17/2007, 11:35 AM
Carnoustie is a sweet course.

it's a bi*ch too. If I remember right, '99 was the 2nd highest winning score among the majors in the modern era. I think they are easing up a bit this year though.

SteelClip49
7/17/2007, 11:39 AM
What game was it when Todd Hamilton was in the golf cart and was honored for his British Open win?

picasso
7/17/2007, 11:40 AM
it's a bi*ch too. If I remember right, '99 was the 2nd highest winning score among the majors in the modern era. I think they are easing up a bit this year though.
thus the name Carnastie.

I liked watching the Big Break types play it.

VeeJay
7/17/2007, 12:37 PM
Is my boy to the left over there gonna make the show?

If so, the pubs will be open all night.

SeattleOUstudent
7/17/2007, 12:39 PM
It really is.

http://www.mbfarviewfarm.com/images/Dairy-Goats/Dairy-Goats-Pasture-1.jpg

= aggie pron bait.

:pop:

soonernation
7/17/2007, 01:26 PM
First of all, which of the other side of the pond courses have you played to deem them "overrated"?

Second, I would first jump at the chance to play Augusta, as it would be pretty near impossible to duplicate the opportunity. Unlike the redneck blue bloods that run Augusta, I can go play St Andrews as a mere regular dude and I plan to as the wife has promised me a golf trip in ten years for my 50th. I'm hitting at least 5 of the big'uns over there.

I didn't play it but I've been to the Old Course and it didn't impress me a bit. How many have you played across the pond to deem them the greatest golf courses on the planet?

I would love to play the courses in the BO rotation just because of the history. If I was going to spend the money on a big golf trip I would rather go to the Carolinas or Florida. It's just my opinion so don't take it so personal.

SleestakSooner
7/17/2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.writenoise.com/images/fabs.jpg

If it's not Scottish it's crap!

sooneron
7/17/2007, 08:47 PM
I didn't play it but I've been to the Old Course and it didn't impress me a bit. How many have you played across the pond to deem them the greatest golf courses on the planet?

I would love to play the courses in the BO rotation just because of the history. If I was going to spend the money on a big golf trip I would rather go to the Carolinas or Florida. It's just my opinion so don't take it so personal.
I haven't played them - as I SAID, I plan to go for the 50th bday in 10 years. And where did I deem them the greatest on earth? By merely defending them, I deem them the best evar? Put away your jump to conclusions mat.

I've played - Bethpage Black, Spyglass Hill, Kapalua Plantation, Wailea Emerald, Princeville, Kauai Lagoons, Poipu Bay, Winged Foot East (9 on the West), Montauk Downs, Sleepy Hollow, Trump National (Westchester), Westchester CC, Oak Tree, Southern Hills, Champions, Newport CC, Woodlands TPC, Kiawah Ocean and one of the others- can't remember, Doral, Long Island National, Some of the courses on the "trail" down in Bama, and the little place in the middle of nowhere in NM (Farmingdale) that I can't remember off hand, but it gets raves.
A trip to the Carolinas or Florida doesn't resonate that much to me. I would rather go to where the game was invented.
FWIW, I would rather play Muirfield than TOC.

King Crimson
7/17/2007, 10:08 PM
soonernation:

i grew up playing target golf like everyone else. and i learned more about playing the (mental) game of golf in 2 weeks in Scotland than in the rest of my previous life combined (4-5 handicap player in HS and college, now i suck).

you have to learn how to hit new shots. no matter what you think, even playing in OK and Texas in the spring, you don't have a 90 yard shot with a 40 mile an hour crosswind to a protected landing area. hanging it up the wind, there's no % in that. spinning the ball is rarely an option because the ground is so hard and the greens aren't saturated with water all night so you can throw darts. i know we all think "spin" is macho and cool, but it ain't worth a **** over there. that 60 degree wedge, not much use.

all the cliches we'll hear on TV through the weekend about shot-making are true. you just don't practice the kinds of shots you *have* to play to have success. It *does* require a lot of imagination. a "trouble shot" is not getting 'er up and down from a shallow greenside bunker with a flat basin (watch almost any PGA tour event in the Midwest, particularly courses in Chicago--with some exceptions, obviously).

I've played TOC, Carnoustie, Turnberry, Troon and Muirfield from the rota and those golf courses are not overrated. additionally, Western Gailes, Kilmarnock, Troon (Portland), Turnberry (Kintyre), Kingsbarns, North Berwick, and St. Andrews (Jubilee and New Course).

and unless you play the Old Course, all you can REALLY see of it from "town" are 1, parts of 17 and 18. Besides, this post aside, I'm not going to be a part of a conversation where it's my job to show how it's the Old Course's job to impress you. that might be the definition of inanity.

i think the vast majority of the corporate tracks on Tour are basically really boring, made to look good on TV with a lot of "visually appealing" but excessive and probably fairly useless bunkering that looks great from Snoopy 2 and more and more lately have some knucklehead "go for it" par 5 (with water on the left) as one of the last two holes to give TV fan their Sunday jollies.

in my opinion, there are VERY FEW things in this world that live up to the hype: and i believe that links golf in Scotland is one of them. Augusta may be one of them too (if you take Jim Nance out of the hype equation)...but this thread isn't about Augusta except in a very knee-jerk sort of way as far as i'm concerned.

and Carnoustie *is* really friggin' hard. it's not pretty, there's no flash, it's just all golf course.

I'm going to pick Niclas Fasth (and when he wins, let there be more whining).

:D

King Crimson
7/17/2007, 11:41 PM
thus spoke Eldrick:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1644037,00.html

Tiger explains his love for seaside links

By Paul Mahoney
Contributor to Golf Magazine
Published: July 17, 2007

CARNOUSTIE, Scotland — Tiger Woods's love affair with links golf began here at Carnoustie in 1995 when he played in the Scottish Open as the 19-year-old U.S. Amateur champion. He finished tied for 29th and went on to make the cut in the British Open at St. Andrews.

The three-time champion now rates this tournament as his favorite major. Having played three practice rounds in three different winds already this week, including an early morning round in sideways rain, Woods explained why this unique type of golf excites him more than any other.

"It allows you to be creative," he said. "Augusta used to be like that. The U.S. Open is obviously not. And the PGA is similar to a U.S. Open setup. We play so much in the States where everything is up in the air. Over here, you get to use the ground as an ally and hit different shots. It is neat to hit bump and runs, and to putt from 50 yards off the green, and to hit 5-irons from 135 yards and run the ball in.

"I wish we played more courses like this. It would be nice to see a Ryder Cup played on a real links course. The courses on the PGA Tour are virtually the same apart from the length of the rough. I think the players enjoy going back to the old-style courses like Oakmont and Congressional because we don't get a chance to play venues like that much any more."

What makes Woods so unusual is his ability to conjure up shots that his rivals (if he has any) simply don't have in their arsenals. And experimenting with his game has always been part of his makeup.

"Coming over here just enhanced that," he continued. "A lot of guys just get into a mode where they hit one normal shot all the time. If you are limited by that, when that one shot goes awry, you have no shots to go back on."

One European player who would truly understand Woods's philosophy is Seve Ballesteros, who announced his retirement Monday. Woods believes the Spaniard was probably the most creative player ever.

"I've never seen anyone who has had a better short game than him," Woods said. "I have picked his brain on several occasions around the greens and watched him hit shot after shot and have him explain how he did it — and why. It was just phenomenal. He was a genius."

It takes one to know one.

soonernation
7/18/2007, 09:08 AM
I haven't played them - as I SAID, I plan to go for the 50th bday in 10 years. And where did I deem them the greatest on earth? By merely defending them, I deem them the best evar? Put away your jump to conclusions mat.

I've played - Bethpage Black, Spyglass Hill, Kapalua Plantation, Wailea Emerald, Princeville, Kauai Lagoons, Poipu Bay, Winged Foot East (9 on the West), Montauk Downs, Sleepy Hollow, Trump National (Westchester), Westchester CC, Oak Tree, Southern Hills, Champions, Newport CC, Woodlands TPC, Kiawah Ocean and one of the others- can't remember, Doral, Long Island National, Some of the courses on the "trail" down in Bama, and the little place in the middle of nowhere in NM (Farmingdale) that I can't remember off hand, but it gets raves.
A trip to the Carolinas or Florida doesn't resonate that much to me. I would rather go to where the game was invented.
FWIW, I would rather play Muirfield than TOC.

Settle down a little. I hear where you’re coming from and it makes sense. My opinion is different than yours that’s all. As long as we're playing who cares. I'll tee it up anywhere there’s a tee box and a hole. I love to play there are just some courses I'd prefer to play.

Was the course you played in NM in Farmington in the four corners area? If so it's Pinion Hills. It's a great track that I've played several times. My grandmother lived about 20 minutes from there until she died a couple of years ago. If you ever get to Albuquerque go play Paa-Ko Ridge. It is a sister course to Pinion and it a blast to play.

sooneron
7/18/2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, it was Pinion Hills. great course and cheap.
I would say that I have played a pretty fair sampling of very good courses in the US, I go to FLa every year. The best thing about Fl courses with the exception of a very few is that there are so GD'd many of them, you can get on pretty easily. Same with NC and SC.

Newbomb Turk
7/18/2007, 11:36 AM
Settle down a little.

:les: yeah - settle down ron!!

;)

OU4LIFE
7/19/2007, 07:55 AM
ok seriously...I would kill 5 people of your choice for a Scotland golf trip.

man I have a serious jones for that trip.....why did I have to be poor?

sooneron
7/19/2007, 08:45 AM
ok seriously...I would kill 5 people of your choice for a Scotland golf trip.

man I have a serious jones for that trip.....why did I have to be poor?
Hells, I can't wait just for all of the scotch that I'm going to drink!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice leaderboard thus far, today.

sooneron
7/19/2007, 08:50 AM
And I am settled down. I was never up.

Mongo
7/19/2007, 08:54 AM
They make medication for that, ask OUDoc for a free sample

King Crimson
7/19/2007, 09:06 AM
Todd Hamilton with his (now) trademark "first day of a major" 81.

OU4LIFE
7/19/2007, 09:08 AM
sweet, the lovable drunk is tied for 5th.

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 10:08 AM
sweet, the lovable drunk is tied for 5th.

Now he's leading after an Eagle at 11.

King Crimson
7/19/2007, 10:09 AM
Now he's leading after an Eagle at 11.

and then doubles 12.

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 10:14 AM
heh

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 10:38 AM
And a double at 14 to get back to Even.

wow

Newbomb Turk
7/19/2007, 11:40 AM
he really is a model of consistency.

The Maestro
7/19/2007, 12:55 PM
Has anybody mentioned Rory McIlroy? How cool is that to be THAT close to being named Roy McIvoy? TIN CUP at the British Open! What happens when he goes into Sunday leading and pulls a Van de Velde...that would be eery!

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2007, 02:02 PM
And a triple at 14 to get back to Even.

wow

and bogies 3 of the last 4 to finish at +3. And eight stroke swing in 7 holes.

That's living the High Life.

OU4LIFE
7/20/2007, 07:28 AM
Rory is a one-planer model of perfection. That kids swing is money.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 08:08 AM
at least in the early tee times the scoring is not as low as yesterday. Jimmy Furyk hanging around with a nifty -2 today. might look pretty good in 4 hours.

projected cut at +4.

amazing how 18 is playing into the wind (which is more the norm), when we played i made a regulation par hitting 3 wood-8 iron downwind. completely fanned about a 15 foot, downhill birdie putt with a bunch of on-lookers standing around the green. most of the players couldn't even get there yesterday. granted the tee is at least 50-75 yards back from the middle tees they make everyone play over there to keep pace of play brisk.

one of the other things it's hard to tell on TV is around the bunkers the bunker is however big it is but the gathering areas around them are generally much larger and very deceptive to the eye--though these guys have it all charted in their yardage books.

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 08:24 AM
Tiger with an ugly tee shot on #1 - not a good start.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 08:50 AM
Double for Tiger. Back to Even after 1 hole. Not good at all.

OU4LIFE
7/20/2007, 08:51 AM
Sergio REALLY needs to work on that chicken wing...that's worse than Pat's swing...

http://forums.prospero.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=2E5F4E6E-4AA1-4FBC-B59E-00A6FCBAC6B6&webtag=golfequip

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 08:59 AM
Sergio REALLY needs to work on that chicken wing...that's worse than Pat's swing...

http://forums.prospero.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=2E5F4E6E-4AA1-4FBC-B59E-00A6FCBAC6B6&webtag=golfequip

lol

well, it's working for him so far this week. He's using the belly putter now and is putting better - to this point that is.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 09:20 AM
Double for Tiger. Back to Even after 1 hole. Not good at all.

Birdies 2 to get back to -1.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 09:25 AM
starting to look like this is the round Tiger needs to grind out a 71 or something to hang around and give himself a chance on the weekend.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 10:27 AM
Luke Donald with *two* triples on the front nine--one of them an 8 on the par 5. ouch. 76.

Jimminy Crimson
7/20/2007, 12:25 PM
FORE!

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 02:27 PM
Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill Miller Chill.

picasso
7/20/2007, 02:28 PM
what's he saying? we's at work here.:D

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 02:38 PM
what's he saying? we's at work here.:D

you ain't working. my week just ended about half an hour ago....and i have a nice glass of ice cold Pilsner beer right here wit' me. been a long week.

not Johnny Miller. it's the friggin Miller beer ad for their new Mexican styled "beer-veza"* flavored with "lime and salt".

puke.

*serious, direct quote from the ad.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 02:42 PM
Sergio must be really trying to get into his happy place if he's gonna go wire to wire in this one. bet he doesn't yank out that mustard duo pant-shirt combo on Sunday again.

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 02:44 PM
Sergio must be really trying to get into his happy place if he's gonna go wire to wire in this one. bet he doesn't yank out that mustard duo pant-shirt combo on Sunday again.

I'd be surprised if he holds it together this weekend. He's always been pretty darn good tee to green - maybe the belly putter will help him.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 03:13 PM
I'd be surprised if he holds it together this weekend. He's always been pretty darn good tee to green - maybe the belly putter will help him.

Azinger spent most of the "Encore" converage i saw yesterday afternoon taking credit for "the belly-putter craze".

pretty amazing Watson won 5 British Opens. that's a lot.

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 03:25 PM
I'm watching the replay on TNT right now - Zinger just finished talking about himself and the belly putter.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 03:36 PM
I'm watching the replay on TNT right now - Zinger just finished talking about himself and the belly putter.

see? though, it was kind of funny to hear Faldo yesterday talking about how you learned to win a major by going through the fire (and the young guys didn't understand that or something)....and then, later, hear Zinger tell how he gave away the B Open by making 3 bogeys in the last 5 holes or something to hand Faldo his first major.

I like Faldo, but that was funny.

StoopTroup
7/20/2007, 03:44 PM
Tiger will win it.

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 04:18 PM
Tiger will win it.

dolemite has ST's password.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 04:25 PM
before they built that big hotel at Carnoustie, my dad said when he played there in the early 90's the clubhouse was about as big as the one at Jimmie Austin and that was all there was. it's kinda out in the sticks.

funny to watch this mixed, out of sequence coverage. one shot, Monty is standing under clear blue skies and next shot Tiger's pants are rippling in the wind.

Newbomb Turk
7/20/2007, 04:38 PM
and next shot Tiger's pants are rippling in the wind.

must have had some of them Scottish beans.

King Crimson
7/20/2007, 05:49 PM
Pelle Edberg: which instrument did he play for sigue-sigue sputnick?

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 07:56 AM
sergio is dressed like a deviled egg.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 08:13 AM
Mike Tirico is such a cretin.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 08:37 AM
i'm pulling for Weir, Padraig, and Furyk. no order.

can't really make myself pull for Sergio, but it would be nice for him to get over the hump. i guess.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 08:45 AM

can't really make myself pull for Sergio, but it would be nice for him to get over the hump. i guess.

I can handle any of those guys winning. Wouldn't mind seeing Stricker or DiMarco win either. What has gotten into Stricker lately? I didn't know about Dimarco's shoulder problem.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 08:49 AM
drinking coffee and watching golf just doesn't go together as well as beer and golf.

another reason The Open Championship sucks. ;)

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 08:51 AM
dimarco for sure. yeah, Stricker has played well the first 3 days of a few majors.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 08:54 AM
drinking coffee and watching golf just doesn't go together as well as beer and golf.

another reason The Open Championship sucks. ;)

don't push it off on the Open Championship. you are such a "victim". :D take accountability for your actions and crack a beer.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 08:55 AM
that 18th is a nasty bastage - 499 yards!!

i'd tear that hole up - literally.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 08:56 AM
don't push it off on the Open Championship. you are such a "victim". :D take accountability for your actions and crack a beer.

I have a feeling tht if olevet were a golf fan, he'd like this tournament. :D

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 09:03 AM
Eldrick ain't winning this one.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 09:05 AM
Eldrick ain't winning this one.

he's really playing well in his "game" though. WTF? Just show golf.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 09:35 AM
he's really playing well in his "game" though. WTF? Just show golf.

yeah, right. they'll milk him for all he's worth and when he's 6 back they'll be saying "if anyone can come back from 6 on a Sunday....it's Tiger Woods".

rah rah blah blah.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 09:58 AM
there has been some great camera work in the last half hour.

KJ CHoi teeing the ball up high and playing it almost on his left big toe....to minimize spin by hitting the ball on the upswing--. and just now, Tiger playing the ball way back in his stance to hit his little punch into 18. camera guys were on it.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 10:09 AM
I remember when ABC would get the BBC feed - crappy camera work then.

Well, I'd better get out and mow the lawn before it gets too damn hot. :(

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 10:10 AM
Sergio looks kinda figety, regripping some......but he keeps hitting good shots.

i think this is his tournament to lose.

though there are gonna be a lot of good players 3-4 shots off the lead tomorrow.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 10:24 AM
as much as many of the golfers here slurp on the Masters, this is a good tournament. a lot of people in contention. but, when Tiger is gone....interest disappears. might as well be Britney fans. or worse, Jordan or 90's Bulls fans who tie their sport watching to identity with only the "best" and not the game or competition itself.

it's proof the narrative of "star" is what matters, not competition. or game.

r5TPsooner
7/21/2007, 12:24 PM
I'm pulling for Stricker but if Sergio wins, I'll be happy for the guy. He's playing great golf right now although he's given a couple of real birdies away today. Let's see if he can make this put on 18.

I also hope that the guy he hit is OK. He looked like he was in a fog and very pale.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 12:44 PM
as much as many of the golfers here slurp on the Masters, this is a good tournament.

Oh I won't argue that. Not a thing wrong with the tournament. I just think some of the courses look like butt. It's also hard to argue the quality of players that typically win the Masters. Not saying the Masters champions are that much better than the Open champs, but I'd say the cream rises to the top more at Augusta.

it's proof the narrative of "star" is what matters, not competition. or game.

lots of truth in this statement. I mean I'd rather watch a PGA tour tournament than a Nationwide tournament. And I'd rather watch a PGA event that Tiger, Phil, VJ, Ernie and Goose are in contention than one with Omar Uresti and Heath Slocum battling it out.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 02:38 PM
"look like".

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 03:00 PM
"look like".

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I'm not playing the courses, I'm watching on TV.

Given the chance to play one of those rota courses, I'd probably be so wooded up I couldn't swing the golf club. :D

StoopTroup
7/21/2007, 04:34 PM
Stricker has the round of his life...

Wow...good for him.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 04:49 PM

http://forums.prospero.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=2E5F4E6E-4AA1-4FBC-B59E-00A6FCBAC6B6&webtag=golfequip (http://forums.prospero.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=2E5F4E6E-4AA1-4FBC-B59E-00A6FCBAC6B6&webtag=golfequip)

kinda got it going on again today!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0721/pga_g_garcia3_412.jpg

r5TPsooner
7/21/2007, 05:02 PM
If Garcia could putt at all, he'd be the world's #2 ranked player behind Woods. The guy can flat out play until he gets the flat stick in his hands.

Good luck to him tomorrow.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 05:04 PM
if Serge doesn't win this one tonorrow, he's mind-****ed forever.

all he's got to do is shoot 70-72, prolly.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 05:07 PM
if Serge doesn't win this one tonorrow, he's Greg Normaned forever.

agree.

and agree on with r5 on the putting. That's why the belly putter is significant for him. Kind of what happened to Vijay.

r5TPsooner
7/21/2007, 05:13 PM
if Serge doesn't win this one tonorrow, he's mind-****ed forever.

all he's got to do is shoot 70-72, prolly.

Yep, I have to agree. Phil is injured, Tiger is a father, and neither is in contention. Now is his best chance as those guys won't be missing cuts and playing this poorly forever.

If Stricker doesn't win I sure hope that Sergio does. Either one of them winning would be the feel good story of the year not trying to discount Cabrera's US Open victory but it was kind of lackluster.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 05:13 PM
agree.

and agree on with r5 on the putting. That's why the belly putter is significant for him. Kind of what happened to Vijay.

Vijay won at Whistling Straights with a real putter.

if he could make a birdie within 15 feet, he laps the field at Pinehurst two years ago.

he and Goosen put on clinic of ball-striking. but couldn't make a putt.

really, Vijay knocked it stiff for four days straight when no one else was....but, couldn't make a birdie.

r5TPsooner
7/21/2007, 05:19 PM

if he could make a birdie within 15 feet, he laps the field at Pinehurst two years ago.

he and Goosen put on clinic of ball-striking. but couldn't make a putt.

really, Vijay knocked it stiff for four days straight when no one else was....but, couldn't make a birdie.

Veejay has always been streaky with the flat stick. Veejays real strengths used to be his accuracy off the tee and incredible wedge play.

If memory serves me correctly... Justin Leonard and Dimarco basically gave Veejay that tourney at the end. They both choked there asses off to let him in the playoff!

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 05:24 PM

Veej has switched putters a bunch during his career. But the point was that he was one of the top if not the top player in the world tee to green for a while but couldn't putt a lick. When he originally switched to the belly putter, he was lights out.

King Crimson
7/21/2007, 05:31 PM
i kinda like vijay, as is well known i'm a commie anti-american, but i don't get why people hate on Vijay so much. he swings at it SO good.

Newbomb Turk
7/21/2007, 05:35 PM

anti-american is right. you want Weir and Harrington to win.

you probably pull for the "rest of the world" in the President's Cup and the Euro's in the Ryder Cup.

Mjcpr
7/21/2007, 10:34 PM
Sergio looks kinda figety, regripping some......but he keeps hitting good shots.

i think this is his tournament to lose.

Do you have any comments on the wetness of water?

Blueness of sky?

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 09:14 AM
Do you have any comments on the wetness of water?

Blueness of sky?

(Tom Joad voice)

next time soccer mom in the minivan cuts you off an intersection.......think of me.

:texan:

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 09:32 AM
that deal where they show the flight and path of the ball is pretty cool.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 09:38 AM
Stricker can hit him some short irons.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 09:44 AM
Stricker can hit him some short irons.

yeah, but unless Sergio shoots 76 i don't think he's the guy to catch the Serge.

i don't want to see Sergio choke, but i'd like it to be interesting.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 09:54 AM
i don't want to see Sergio choke, but i'd like it to be interesting.

you may see that anyway.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 10:06 AM
now this is getting interesting.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 10:07 AM
you may see that anyway.

yeah, all of a sudden there are 5 or 6 guys really "in" this thing.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 10:08 AM
serge misses another fairway. can't do that over there and think you are going to be making pars.

Mjcpr
7/22/2007, 10:38 AM
Never liked him. Choke it up Serge!

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 10:47 AM
Never liked him. Choke it up Serge!

he's let everybody back in it.

i would say Els is my current pulling interest. or Paidrig. an Irish win would be so big over there. Ireland would come to to complete stop for a couple days of drinking and back-slapping good times. i'd rather see Harrington win his first major than the Serge.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 10:48 AM
thought you wanted Paddy to win? They'd be happy campers over there if he won.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see a mick win it.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 10:49 AM
Let it be known that I had Ernie as my pick on pg one of this thread. :D

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 10:50 AM
thought you wanted Paddy to win? They'd be happy campers over there if he won.

caught in the edit. :P

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 10:53 AM
that was a helluva birdie for Romero.

whoa!

it's all about Argentina.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 10:53 AM
this Romero dude may steal the show.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 10:59 AM
It looks like the wind may be picking up out there.

Scott D
7/22/2007, 11:04 AM
at least Serge isn't wearing that nasty yellow.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 11:05 AM
Romero en fuego now.

Scott D
7/22/2007, 11:06 AM
Zach Johnson had to go and ruin what could be the ""Year of the Argentine".

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:08 AM
Romero en fuego now.

he's standing in the knee-deep stuff right now.

and taking a drop. that's not good.

Newbomb Turk
rut ro

Scott D
lol, and the Van de Veldt comparisons begin.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I take that back.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:10 AM
that's a pretty bold play to be hitting a wood. after he grimaced seeing his lie, post drop.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 11:10 AM
Garcia makes a move....

sooneron
7/22/2007, 11:11 AM
Paddy has muy cahones!!!!!

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:11 AM
Paddy...my man. this is getting good. Garcia makes birdie.

Scott D
7/22/2007, 11:12 AM
btw, I cannot root for the cousin of John Joseph Harrington Jr.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 11:12 AM
wow, this is really getting good...almost Masters like.

;)

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:18 AM
wow, this is really getting good...almost Masters like.

;)

it could never be THAT good.

Mjcpr
7/22/2007, 11:18 AM
Garcia, Romero or Harrington. Meh.

I'll root for Harrington I guess.

Mjcpr
7/22/2007, 11:19 AM
it could never be THAT good.
I agree.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:21 AM
great camera shot of the "spectacle" bunkers there on Garcia's approach.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:37 AM
Paddy, you got to make that if you are going to win.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 11:46 AM
maybe not.

tulsaoilerfan
7/22/2007, 11:46 AM
That was a horrible putt by Sergio; why can't he do this in the Ryder Cup?

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 11:55 AM
Paddy, Paddy, Paddy.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 11:59 AM
He was one foot short of rolling the ball over the bridge.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 11:59 AM
groan.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:01 PM
I agree.

nothing's better than fake bird noises (documented, true) and astroturf on the bridges and blue coloring in the water at Amen Corner. continue to believe it's all true and real.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:04 PM
c'mon Paddy, knock it in. Sergio is gonna win.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:04 PM
Van De Velde!!!!

Scott D
7/22/2007, 12:05 PM
Once a Harrington, always a Harrington.

or as my wife said "He and Joey are definitely related."

Newbomb Turk
c'mon Paddy, knock it in.

he did - in the water.

King Crimson
that ain't it. chumped it.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:08 PM
Best thing about ABC's coverage...

The camera work, Peter A, and the brit pop commercial break music

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:09 PM
saucer eyes

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:12 PM
The worst thing for Sergio would be to see DiMarco or McGinley hit the ball into the drink.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:15 PM
Best thing about ABC's coverage...

The camera work, Peter A, and the brit pop commercial break music

i think the camera work in golf coverage has really improved in the last couple years. using the now defunct International at Castle Pines as an example. you used to never get a feel for the course....but the last couple years were much better. shots from behind the tees, elevation shots, etc.

Alliss told a funny story on Friday's TNT coverage, about one of the first Japanese players to start playing the Open in the late 60's who asked him (PA)...."how come you guys don't play this tournament in the summer....when the weather is better?"

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:15 PM
I agree.
I thought you hated the british open. Why are you watching?

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:16 PM
i think the camera work in golf coverage has really improved in the last couple years. using the now defunct International at Castle Pines as an example. you used to never get a feel for the course....but the last couple years were much better. shots from behind the tees, elevation shots, etc.

Alliss told a funny story on Friday's TNT coverage, about one of the first Japanese players to start playing the Open in the late 60's who asked him (PA)...."how come you guys don't play this tournament in the summer....when the weather is better?"
Yeah I heard him tell that one too, good stuff.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:20 PM
****ing Harrignton. drives it in the water.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:26 PM
network shows the Van De Velde package to give Sergio a vote of confidence.

jesus.

not a bad bunker shot, put the belly putter theory on the line here.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:30 PM
oh no.

so, they play 3 holes, total score is that right?

Scott D
7/22/2007, 12:31 PM
4 holes.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:35 PM
I like this playoff format.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:35 PM
Drama!

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:37 PM
4 holes.

that's right. though i thought when Hamilton won at Troon they played 1, 17 and 18. must have been 1,2,17,18. 1 and 2 would have been huge advantages for Els....since he could basically drive it within 30 yard of the green.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 12:38 PM
I like this playoff format.
Yepper! It beats coming back tomorrow.

King Crimson
let's go Paddy! though, i feel kind of bad rooting "against" Sergio, sort of like kicking your dog.

King Crimson

and hella better than sudden death.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:39 PM

no sh*t. The usga needs to get with the program.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:40 PM
in retrospect, Harrington makes a helluva 5 on 18.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:42 PM
MIke Tirico sucks.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:42 PM
in retrospect, Harrington makes a helluva 5 on 18.

If it was a 5, he have that jug.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:44 PM
6. do we have a "**** you in the nose, smartass" smilie?

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:48 PM
6. do we have a "**** you in the nose, smartass" smilie?

if we did, it would get used a bunch around here.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:54 PM
aren't that many spectators there. the whole Sunday crowd on 4 holes, and it's not even 2 deep around the first green.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 12:56 PM
oh yeah!

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:58 PM
2 shots is huge, but as both of these guys have shown those 2 can go away in a hurry.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 12:59 PM
dang near aced it.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:00 PM
Sergio hits the pin. wow.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:01 PM
That would have been one of the huger shots evar.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:03 PM
i got it up and down from about where Harrington is, except a little further up the hill. a little bump and run into the hill, make an 8 footer.

go me.

Newbomb Turk
I don't remember a significant ace in the final round of a major.

sooneron
That's cool that MacGinley and Miguel are out there watching. Golf needs more of that- playaz that are fans.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:04 PM
i got it up and down from about where Harrington is, except a little further up the hill. a little bump and run into the hill, make an 8 footer.

go me.

:cool:

you are my hero.

:P

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:05 PM
he left it short. jesus. how?

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:05 PM
Weak

Sauce

sergio

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:06 PM
:cool:

you are my hero.

:P

i got a lot more stories about my heroic travels in Scotland, pm me.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:07 PM
I don't remember a significant ace in the final round of a major.
Somebody made a sweet double eagle in the PGA champ. I can't remember who it was... That's sorta better than a 1.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:08 PM
i got a lot more stories about my heroic travels in Scotland, pm me.

you should write a book.

like you said, how the heck do you leave it short when you are two shots down?

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:08 PM
Depeche MODE!!!

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:10 PM
Somebody made a sweet double eagle in the PGA champ. I can't remember who it was... That's sorta better than a 1.

I don't remember that. I do remember Toms making an ace when he won the PGA, but I'm pretty sure that was in the 3rd round.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:11 PM
I just took this shot of the daughter watching the golf. She's a fan, and, obviously a fan of el nino...

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4470/photo46rp1.jpg

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:12 PM
that's cool ron.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:13 PM

i remember that....can't think of it right now. Sarazen obviously at the Masters on 15, holes a 2 wood.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think we see Harrington's driver again.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:14 PM
you should write a book.

like you said, how the heck do you leave it short when you are two shots down?

wasn't even a little short, a foot and a half.

when i played 17......

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:15 PM
no chit!!

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:16 PM
Bob Gilder. i think he made a 2 in the PGA.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:18 PM
Sergio has singed the cup on 3 holes in a row. he's in trouble.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:20 PM
that miss was big - Serge still has a slim chance.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:21 PM
if i'm Paddy i hit two 5 irons and put my chances to win the tournament on my ability to get down in 3 from 30 yards. take the trouble out of play.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:26 PM
Tirico really doesn't have anything to say unless Tiger is in it.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:26 PM
did they say Paddy has 258 left? looks like layup time.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:29 PM
so you're saying there's a chance?

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:29 PM
So Paddy's about 90 out... I wish I could hit a 6 200 + yards.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:31 PM
Tirico really doesn't have anything to say unless Tiger is in it.

Tirico is the master of statements like: "if Mickleson makes birdie here, he'll go from 3 under.... to 4 under."

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:31 PM
I wish I could hit a 6 200 + yards.

I've done it - heck of a lot of roll on hardpan. :D

This is interesting again.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:32 PM
so you're saying there's a chance?
MY wife just said the same thing.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:33 PM
I get a kick out of listening to Harrington talk. Sounds like the Lucky Charms character.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:35 PM
gets a piece of the cup, again.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:36 PM
man that was close.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:37 PM
well done Paddy.

Now go hoist a pint.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:38 PM
right on. Sergio has just passed into Mickelson times ten "best player to never..." hell.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:40 PM
now, maybe the R&A will get over itself and the BS politics that keeps the Open out of Ireland--Portrush, Ballybunion, and County Down are all rota quality.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:40 PM
I can't believe that Tirico didn't say anything to the effect of "strike up a chorus of Danny Boy" or some crap like that.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:41 PM
now, maybe the R&A will get over itself and the BS politics that keeps the Open out of Ireland--Portrush, Ballybunion, and County Down are all rota quality.
NO CHIT

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:41 PM
I can't believe that Tirico didn't say anything to the effect of "strike up a chorus of Danny Boy" or some crap like that.

give him a chance - they're not done yet.

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:43 PM
Portrush, Ballybunion, and County Down are all rota quality.

On my computer game, Thistle Down is top notch too.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:45 PM
50 bucks says Tirico mentions Irish eyes smiling....

Newbomb Turk
I wouldn't touch that bet.

sooneron
heh

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:46 PM
Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:47 PM

that's pretty funny.

for links golf sluts like Turk, note the Senior Open will be played at Muirfield.

rawk.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:48 PM
Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious.
LOL!!!:D

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:48 PM
for links golf sluts like Turk, note the Senior Open will be played at Muirfield.

rawk.

Jack's place! That does rawk!

;)

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:49 PM
that's pretty funny.

rawk.
Ooh, my fave track!

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:55 PM
Sergio looks like he'd rather eat human flesh than be standing there right now.

poor guy.

blue stars and green clover. looks like it's about to rain like a bitch.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 01:56 PM
rainbow, c'mon Tirico.....do it!

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 01:56 PM
that was good stuff today.

sooneron
7/22/2007, 01:58 PM
Very good stuff. I would have been OK with Sergio winning, but Paddy winning was bettah.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 02:03 PM
NO CHIT

the Senior Open was at Portrush a couple years ago, hopefully that's a step and not a ***-kiss token move.

good times.

see you guys at Southern Hills. good year for majors: Oakmont, the Nasty, and SH.

r5TPsooner
7/22/2007, 07:48 PM
Sergio choked! He couldn't make a putt to save his life today. I was cheering for him but it was not meant to be.

The guy has game but can't putt to save his life.

Congrats to Paddy.