PDA

View Full Version : It's British Open Week

Pages : 1 [2]

Newbomb Turk
7/22/2007, 07:53 PM
The guy has game but can't putt to save his life.

he really didn't make much with the putter today. It looked like he hit some really good putts that just burned the edges - but in the end it doesn't matter if you miss it by 1/4 inch or 3 feet.

He also hit some really bad iron and tee shots in the middle of the round where he lost his big lead.

r5TPsooner
7/22/2007, 07:55 PM
He should have hit driver more. I thought that his long put on 18 in the playoff was going in.

The guy will probably never win a major and this loss is gonna hurt him a long time IMO.

King Crimson
7/22/2007, 09:01 PM
Romero made 10 birdies today. that's crazy. he makes two doubles and a bogey on the back nine and still shoots 34.

r5TPsooner
7/22/2007, 11:04 PM
Romero made 10 birdies today. that's crazy. he makes two doubles and a bogey on the back nine and still shoots 34.

Why in the hell was he hitting a 2-iron out of the rough on 17?

His caddy should have snapped that club over his knee when Romero asked for it and handed him the hybrid club instead!

mikeelikee
7/22/2007, 11:09 PM
Romero shoots a 67 and only had four pars on his scorecard! The last par he made today was on #7. That is freaky!!

JohnnyMack
7/23/2007, 09:07 AM
OK here's the deal. After watching this weekend's coverage I have decided that I would sell my left nut, Pat's left nut as well as both of Hairy's nuts to spend a week in Carnoustie watching golf in that weather. The chance to get out of Oklahoma in July and go to Scotland to enjoy that scene would be well worth the sacrifice.

OU4LIFE
7/23/2007, 09:15 AM
if you sold both of my nuts, you could take 4 guys with you.

picasso
7/23/2007, 10:12 AM
if you sold both of my nuts, you could take 4 guys with you.
pfffffffffffft.

btw I dropped off a nice little 3 over at the Lafortune par 3 this weekend.

That's right, and I wasn't even trying.