PDA

View Full Version : What TV/Magazine Moguls hate us the Most?

Sooner74
7/15/2007, 10:31 PM
I was wondering who the haters were as far as preseason rankings? IS CBS SPORTSLINE reliable or what about ESPN and their preseason who hah? Just wondering if their is any source that is as close to unbiased as possible.

goingoneight
7/15/2007, 10:36 PM
CBS = SEC sunshine pumpers, haters of all that is not holy and sacred SEC.
ESPN = flavor of the week.
FOX = sucks any way you look at it... let's interupt the BCS for a stupid NASCAR update!!!

snp
7/15/2007, 10:50 PM
I would rather read a hate piece on us than the tinfoil hate brigade's daily rants.

colinreturn
7/15/2007, 10:54 PM
ha top 5 recruits in texas

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/katie-colin-love/outx2.jpg

colinreturn
7/15/2007, 10:57 PM
espn is all over the place

IronHorseSooner
7/16/2007, 10:27 AM
I think it depends more on the individual writer/broadcaster/talking head than the network. It does seem that ESPN has more of them than anybody else. ESPN's "dislike" for us, may have to do more with converging interests. People like UTerus because, at least here on the East Coast, they think that Austin is the only cool place in the fly-over states, so, therefore, UTerus must be cool, too. ESPN is also peppered with a tremendous amount of East Coast love. I know, I go to Syracuse, and a lot of them are out of the Newhouse School of Communications here at SU that seems to be a pipeline to ESPN. This also leads to a love the Domers, because that is the default fave team of East Coasters if their team sux (like SU). The third thing is that LA is the second largest market, and they don't have a pro team; therefore, SUC gets all that attention due to sheer economics. Finally, some commentators still have a grudge against us because they were trumpeting us as the "Team of the Century" in 2003 and we let them down. With all of this, it plays into a perfect storm against us. I will tell you that we are also viewed as the black-hatted outlaw villians around the country. We are easy to hate.

RacerX
7/16/2007, 01:12 PM
James Hale