PDA

View Full Version : Where's OUr ESPY???

swardboy
7/15/2007, 08:58 PM
for GAME OF THE YEAR! What a rip....Boise State gets an ESPY but not us. They couldn't have done it without us!

:rolleyes:

illinisooner
7/15/2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, no fair!

Soonerus
7/15/2007, 09:04 PM
Agree, it takes two for a game...it wasn't best win and we made it a great game...

zeke
7/15/2007, 09:32 PM
i dont want an award for getting beat

swardboy
7/15/2007, 09:45 PM

It's called "sarcasm"

:rolleyes: roll eyes (sarcastic)

zeke
7/15/2007, 09:51 PM

Alright, thats enough, I've seen enough. One more mention of that on the espy and I'm turning the channel.

AzOU
7/15/2007, 09:54 PM
Gotta love the NCAA Football '08 commercial with AD that showed during the ESPYs though. It's the play every Sooner wishes woulda happened - BSU's Johnson gets stuffed at the goal line.....

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2007, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure OUr team won that game for Boise State (see blown coverage and fumbled snap leading to the first 2 BSU touchdowns). Not to take any credit away from them because those trick plays were amazing, but OU didn't exactly do anything to help themselves, especially at the beginning of the game.

colleyvillesooner
7/15/2007, 10:20 PM
I coulda sworn we've done this before...

SoonerLB
7/15/2007, 10:26 PM
Let 'em have their fun, all those Sooner haters will be choking on OUr National Championship six months from now! ;)

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2007, 10:32 PM
Let 'em have their fun, all those Sooner haters will be choking on OUr National Championship six months from now! ;)
Coming up that soon? Just like that, huh? :D I've learned my lesson...I've decided this year to resort to "guarded optimism"

IronSooner
7/15/2007, 11:12 PM
I'm surprised anyone cared enough about the ESPYs to watch. And a little disappointed in myself for clicking this thread.

Doged
7/15/2007, 11:30 PM
for GAME OF THE YEAR! What a rip....Boise State gets an ESPY but not us. They couldn't have done it without us!

We actually were given one at the same time as Boise, but the NCAA ruled we couldn't display it.... *bah da bum*.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/16/2007, 09:21 AM
And if it wasn't bad enough that BSU accepted the award, but it was given out by Matt Lienhart and Vince Young...that is a whole lot of OU hate up there.

Snrfn4ever08
7/16/2007, 09:49 AM
And if it wasn't bad enough that BSU accepted the award, but it was given out by Matt Lienhart and Vince Young...that is a whole lot of OU hate up there.
That's gotta be illegal in most states

IronHorseSooner
7/16/2007, 10:03 AM

This is just another bit of motivation that I hope that our staff uses for this year's team. With all of the motivation going into this season, this team should monkey stomp everybody that steps onto the field with them. :eek:

Jalal23V
7/16/2007, 10:11 AM
mentioning leinart and vy- they both went up and got the award last year for the rose bowl even though leinart lost in the game. it is just another example of espn's "flavor of the week" mentality.

who cares anyway, the espy's are just a way to raise money for cancer research, its not like the awards mean anything except for the arthur ashe one

Beef
7/16/2007, 10:39 AM
Think they might have asked Bob if he wanted to co-accept it and he told them he was too busy working on winning another Championship?

The Maestro
7/16/2007, 11:05 AM
Think they might have asked Bob if he wanted to co-accept it and he told them he was too busy working on winning another Championship?

TOTALLY thought that myself. Not really Bob's style to show up and accept an award for a game we lost. You gotta love Bob's "we've got more important things to do" mentality than to be a hype machine. Stoops will dang sure never make the ESPN "Who's Now?" list cause he has no "Q Factor" off the field...and let's keep it that way!

swardboy
7/16/2007, 12:12 PM

That would rock! Hope it comes out if true.

SteelClip49
7/16/2007, 02:17 PM
Jason White deserved the ESPY in the 2004 edition for his comeback in 2003. Instead, some surfer girl who got her arm bitten off by a shark got the damn award. Tony Kornheiser even said on PTI a day or so before that White didn't deserve the award because of the XII title loss and Sugar Bowl loss. Since when does the Comeback Player of the Year award have to do with a loss??

LASooner
7/16/2007, 06:28 PM
Since when does the Comeback Player of the Year award have to do with a loss??

The girl who won, lost an arm.. so there you go.