PDA

View Full Version : Rain! More &^$%#! RAIN!

LoyalFan
7/15/2007, 04:55 AM
It's 0448, Third World (San Antonio) Daylight time and it's been roarin' and pouring for a couple of hours.
Yesterday, a bassing "Student" and I fished the last two hours of a 9 hour outing in a downpour, tempting the Lightning Gods by brandishing graphite casting rods at the bass.
Despite that, we managed to annoy and release a few largemouth, including a nice 4+ and a couple of smallmouths. Good thing that 21' Skeeter had auto bilge pumps.
The weather gurus say more, much more, rain is to come.
Current temp: 67.4. Tell me more, Mr. Gore (you idiot!)

FR

Flagstaffsooner
7/15/2007, 05:11 AM
Quit your bitchin'. There are poor pine trees in Northern Arizona starving for water.

sanantoniosooner
7/15/2007, 08:49 AM
I had to get up and get something out of the back of my truck when that downpour hit :(

Rogue
7/15/2007, 09:17 AM
I have a semi-serious question about your weather. When are you hillbillies mowing the grass? It must be growing about 2 inches a week and staying wet all the time.

Mongo
7/15/2007, 09:29 AM
I have a semi-serious question about your weather. When are you hillbillies mowing the grass? It must be growing about 2 inches a week and staying wet all the time.

I swear I have seen Charlie in my back yard preparing for an attack

Newbomb Turk
7/15/2007, 09:50 AM

I mowed yesterday - the grass is really thick. it was probably too wet to mow at the time, but it needed to be done.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/15/2007, 11:14 AM
Over here, we can't even get our summer "monsoon" conditions going, it's so freakin' arid. Fer godsakes, send some of that H20 back to the west!

Tailwind
7/15/2007, 12:04 PM
Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee!

Rogue
7/15/2007, 12:33 PM
Arizonans and West Texans used to tell me "yeah, but it's a dry heat" until I could puke. It's a hunnert and tay-yen fuggin' degrees out I don't care if it's it's "wet," "dry," or "jes right" it's a hunnert and tay-yen fuggin' degrees and you can have it, I'm moving somewhere with some shade!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/15/2007, 03:58 PM
But, our weather will kick yours all over the place from October thru April! Take THAT!

hookem31
7/15/2007, 07:01 PM
This is definitely one of the strangest years I have ever seen. But after a drought like we had, I'm not gonna complain. Plus, we have yet to hit 100.

And I'm with Rogue. Dry heat? Psshh! If you stick your head in an oven, it ain't humid, but it's definitely gonna be hot.

sanantoniosooner
7/15/2007, 10:11 PM
95 degrees with high humidity is worse working weather than 100 degrees with no humidity.

If you don't get that, you work at a desk.

soonerboomer93
7/15/2007, 10:49 PM
hooray for college diploma's

;)

sanantoniosooner
7/16/2007, 08:12 AM
Diplomas that don't intellectually empower a person enough to know why humidity makes it worse?