PDA

View Full Version : biblical wars

jk the sooner fan
7/14/2007, 05:57 PM
the mormons just came to visit....my sister in law is the most biblical person i know,

they're out there battling wits

would it be wrong to go out and offer a beer to either of them?

jk the sooner fan
7/14/2007, 06:02 PM
this is like a south oval debate in real life....neither side will convince the other that they are right, but still fun as hell to watch!

Okla-homey
7/14/2007, 06:03 PM
the mormons just came to visit....my sister in law is the most biblical person i know,

they're out there battling wits

would it be wrong to go out and offer a beer to either of them?

The thing is, you can't really debate Mormons because their ultimate position is, even if the whole Book of Mormon was a scam dictated by the greatest hustler of the 19th century, they have been personally made better people by their adherence to it so, all things being equal, Mormonism is the way to go.

How do you debate people who take that position? It's a waste of time IMHO.

jk the sooner fan
7/14/2007, 06:05 PM
oh its a huge waste of time, but if i had to pick anybody to go out and take the side of the christian bible, my sister in law would be at the top of the list

i did go out and listen for a bit, and i will say that the mormon kid can recite scripture from all over the bible with great skill and ease

well prepared, are they....

yermom
7/14/2007, 06:05 PM
a beer?

i'm thinking more like the hose ;)

jk the sooner fan
7/14/2007, 06:06 PM
he's got a really nice tie on, i'd hate to ruin it :)

Okla-homey
7/14/2007, 06:08 PM
he's got a really nice tie on, i'd hate to ruin it :)

Let the air out of his bike tires.;)

Mongo
7/14/2007, 06:14 PM
Why do Christian/Morman/Jehova's Witness women have inverted nipples?

wait for it.......

"GET OFF MY PORCH!!!11!!"

(Imagine this pic poking you in the chest)
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/pointing.jpg

Octavian
7/14/2007, 06:26 PM
Let the air out of his bike tires.;)

then he might stay :O

Vaevictis
7/14/2007, 06:27 PM
All I got to say is, better a kid on a Mormon mission than some meth addict trying to sell me magazines.

TopDaugIn2000
7/14/2007, 06:41 PM
my grandpa (a staunch baptist deacon that's taught sunday school for 60 years) lets them in and debates with em. he's retired, guess it gives him something to do for kicks

Scott D
7/14/2007, 06:44 PM
All I got to say is, better a kid on a Mormon mission than some meth addict trying to sell me magazines.

he's really not a meth addict, he just says that because it helps him sell magazines. He's actually an unemployed software engineer.

Vaevictis
7/14/2007, 06:52 PM
Most people found that movie amusing.

Me, I just found it incredibly depressing.

olevetonahill
7/14/2007, 06:57 PM
Do what I did walk out Neked AND offer em a beer !

OU Adonis
7/14/2007, 07:37 PM
They are better than scientologists

JohnnyMack
7/14/2007, 09:02 PM
Xenu is not amused.

Widescreen
7/14/2007, 09:12 PM
I'm still waiting for my Xenu keychain and bobblehead.

hurricane'bone
7/14/2007, 09:37 PM
he's really not a meth addict, he just says that because it helps him sell magazines. He's actually an unemployed software engineer.

What am I going to do with forty subscriptions to Vibe

Ike
7/15/2007, 12:02 AM
True story:

A friend of mine threw a party some years back in Norman. Myself and a few other guests were too drunk to drive home, so we were offered places to sleep on the couches and in chairs, which we took.

At about the butt crack of dawn, or maybe it was noon (those happen to occur at the same time in these situations), the doorbell awoke at least me and the friend that owned the house and his girlfriend. My friends GF comes all bleary eyed out of their room and answers the door. Upon opening the door, she is greeted with "Have you found Jesus?". Without missing a beat, she simply says "Are you telling me that you've lost him. AGAIN?" and shuts the door.

rufnek05
7/15/2007, 01:46 AM
Why do Christian/Morman/Jehova's Witness women have inverted nipples?

wait for it.......

"GET OFF MY PORCH!!!11!!"

(Imagine this pic poking you in the chest)
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/pointing.jpg

that made me laugh for a long time. thank you

soonerhubs
7/15/2007, 03:24 AM
If that missionary is arguing with your SIL then he's not doing his job. He should just agree to disagree and move on.

I learned it the hard way. As a full time missionary for two years I got in two arguments with different folks. Of course I won, :D. Not one of those "winning" arguments made the other person say, "Oh I'm sorry, you're right, how do I become a member of your faith."

Contention is of the devil, so the Elder is beating a dead horse.