PDA

View Full Version : Eat some cheese, drink some wine, maybe surrender to somebody!

Okla-homey
7/14/2007, 08:16 AM
It's Bastille Day biznachos.

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/19791/2003602805931349796_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003602805931349796)

Allons enfants de la Patrie...............Arise, children of the fatherland
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !............ The day of glory has arrived!
Contre nous de la tyrannie .............Against us, the tyranny's
L'étendard sanglant est levé. (bis) ............ Bloody banner is raised. (repeat)
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes ............Do you hear in the fields
Mugir ces féroces soldats ? ..........The howling of these savage soldiers?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras .............They are coming into your midst
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes ! .....To cut the throats of your sons, your wives!

Aux armes, citoyens ! ............To arms, citizens!
Formez vos bataillons ! .............Form your battalions!
Marchons, marchons ! ..............Let us march, let us march!
Qu'un sang impur .................May tainted blood
Abreuve nos sillons ! ...........Water our fields!

yermom
7/14/2007, 09:16 AM
for a second, i thought you were talking about this guy: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19740787/

Chuck Bao
7/14/2007, 09:22 AM
Heh! Yermom, you're on to something there. The robber was clearly French and celebrating one-day early.

If Homey's profile works out, he'll be surrendering any moment now.

sanantoniosooner
7/14/2007, 09:31 AM
NSFW

Okla-homey
7/14/2007, 09:41 AM
NSFW

it's a historical cultural artifact image not intended to arouse purient interests...so there.

Chuck Bao
7/14/2007, 10:04 AM
And why aren't bewbs safe for work?

I thought there was a court precedent already set that if men can go topless, then so can women.

Free the bewbs!

VeeJay
7/14/2007, 03:27 PM
Let the puppies breathe!

StoopTroup
7/14/2007, 04:32 PM
That looks like a man with boobies to me....

Rush - Bastille Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yxA9vt2-c&mode=related&search=)

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2007, 04:56 PM
I'm a monarchist.

Okla-homey
7/14/2007, 05:16 PM
I'm a monarchist.

You just say this crap for effect right? You can't be as big a dweeb as you come across here, right?

King Crimson
7/14/2007, 06:54 PM
You just say this crap for effect right? You can't be as big a dweeb as you come across here, right?

he thinks being "aloof" as he likes to think people say about him is an excuse for not getting any poonanny.

he also thinks it adds to his "private school" cache (Baylor is a pretty average and vastly overpriced school, really)...when we all know he's a yumpkin from Ft. Gibson. monarchism would not serve him well. there aren't many aristocrats from rural Oklahoma.

Frozen Sooner
7/14/2007, 06:56 PM
he thinks being "aloof" as he likes to think people say about him is an excuse for not getting any poonanny.

he also thinks it adds to his "private school" cache (Baylor is a pretty average and vastly overpriced school, really)...when we all know he's a yumpkin from Ft. Gibson. monarchism would not serve him well. there aren't many aristocrats from rural Oklahoma.

(ahem)

Robert Johnson, the King of the Delta Blues, disagrees with you.

Frozen Sooner
7/14/2007, 06:57 PM
Never mind. I thought that because the Robert Johnson museum was in OKC that there was some sort of connection between him and the state.

King Crimson
7/14/2007, 06:58 PM
(ahem)

Robert Johnson, the King of the Delta Blues, disagrees with you.

i am thoroughly confused by this, care to explicate? i will say when that RJ box set came out i listened to it and nothing else for about a month.

King Crimson
7/14/2007, 07:00 PM
the Robert Johnson museum is in OKC? i didn't know that.

Chuck Bao
7/14/2007, 07:50 PM
Why you go hating on the Baylor, KC?

King Crimson
7/14/2007, 08:10 PM
i'm tired of hearing sic'em yammer on about it like he's some kind of aristocrat who wants to bunny hump Leo Strauss.

it's a decent, but not great school. i went to Vanderbilt, a much better school, and i don't post about it all the time. dig?

sanantoniosooner
7/14/2007, 10:00 PM
I always get Vanderbilt confused with that chick school.

Mjcpr
7/14/2007, 10:04 PM
I thought it was a chick school?

Mongo
7/14/2007, 10:07 PM
I thought it was a chick school?

Their football record would reflect that they are women

Frozen Sooner
7/14/2007, 11:06 PM
the Robert Johnson museum is in OKC? i didn't know that.

It was in the mid-90s when they opened it to some fanfare. Never have managed to get over there-maybe when I'm down in September.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2007, 11:29 PM
I always get Vanderbilt confused with that chick school.Vassarbilt?

Rogue
7/15/2007, 04:59 PM
for a second, i thought you were talking about this guy: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19740787/

The stories at the bottom of that page almost RMFO.

And Vandy > Baylor. I have a good friend who is really a down to earth gal from Kentucky. She went to both so I like to tease her that she's a rich private school elitist.

Okla-homey
7/15/2007, 07:02 PM
The stories at the bottom of that page almost RMFO.

And Vandy > Baylor. I have a good friend who is really a down to earth gal from Kentucky. She went to both so I like to tease her that she's a rich private school elitist.

I believe the University of Tulsa costs about the same as Baylor. It's certainly more difficult to get in at TU than BU. And you don't have to live in flippin' texass.

just saying.

KC//CRIMSON
7/15/2007, 07:20 PM
Baylor ranks 41st in Top 100 law schools. Tulsa, not so much.

just saying.;)

StoopTroup
7/15/2007, 07:56 PM
I got into to TU...

All I did was write them a check and boom...New Student.

I think they like money there. :D

I would never even offer a check to any tejas school.

OklahomaTuba
7/15/2007, 11:48 PM
I flew into Paris on Bastille day.

Now I am in Luxembourg.

Don't ask me why, cause even I don't know.

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2007, 01:14 PM
A little of both. I have a friend who's a doctoral student in history at S. Carolina who grew up on a chicken farm in Alabama that's a committed monarchist in every possible way going so far as to convert to the Anglican church.

I, however, am not a monarchist in the least bit. I'm a republican in every sense (notice the small "r"). The exception to that is republican government isn't for everyone at any moment in history, and clearly republican government was not right for the French at that particular moment. Anyone who compares the abstract French liberty with the very concrete English/American liberty is delusional. In that particular conflict, I'd easily favor the monarch corrupt as **** though they may have been.

I also know and understand my personality better than anyone, and the truth is that if you suddenly dropped me into Revolutionary America not knowing what I know now but possessing the same personality traits then I would almost certainly have remained loyal to the crown as a committed Tory. Be that as it may, I do know what I know now and am in now way a monarchist with the exception of the above caveat.

Secondly, I never mentioned a damned thing about Baylor. I like to feed the stereotype around here whenever it comes up, but the truth is if most people's statements are an indication around here of the general thoughts and attitudes toward the institution then very few know what the hell they're talking about as far as what the place is actually like.

Also, I ******* hate Strauss. That is all.

crawfish
7/17/2007, 02:31 PM
Also, I ******* hate Strauss. That is all.

Hater. :mad:

http://sabbah.biz/mt/wp-content/oldest_levis_1.jpg