PDA

View Full Version : War Board: Who are the Must Get's for the Sooners left in 08

MojoRisen
7/13/2007, 10:05 AM
Here are the folks left on our warboard for 08- I was curious as to others opinions on who the must get's would be for 08 who have not already verbally committed and how many Scholly's we have left?

I would like too see us get all the Oklahoma kids left on the list and Brown & Aghayere!

Must get Mcgee and Owens though for sure

Chancey Aghayere
Garland, Texas

DE
6-4/241

Arthur Brown
Wichita (Kan.) East
LB 6-1/225 4.5

Adrian Bushell
DeSoto, Texas
ATH 5-11/180 4.4

Jon Major
Parker (Colo.) Ponderosa
LB 6-4/230 4.5

Stacey McGee
Muskogee, Okla.
DT 6-5/280

Sam McGuffie
Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair
APB 6-0/185 4.5

Jameel Owens
Muskogee, Okla.
WR 6-3/210 4.41

Kye Staley
Guthrie, Okla.
ATH 6-0/210 4.5

John Williams
Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington OL 6-3/300 5.2

K.J. Williams
Norman (Okla.) North ATH 6-4/235 4.73

soonerdave79
7/13/2007, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't mind having these guys either:

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=3040030

and/or

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=2972254

MojoRisen
7/13/2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, How could Rivals leave Lynn Kota off the war board. He is a heavy OU lean and is going to be great..

jccouger
7/13/2007, 02:25 PM
Arthur Brown
Wichita (Kan.) East
LB 6-1/225 4.5

Stacey McGee
Muskogee, Okla.
DT 6-5/280

Jameel Owens
Muskogee, Okla.
WR 6-3/210 4.41

Lynn Katoa
Salt Lake City, UT
LB 6-2/220 4.6

Those are the players I expect to get. Any players other than that would just be gravy.

Widescreen
7/13/2007, 02:35 PM
Stacey McGee
Muskogee, Okla.
DT 6-5/280

Lynn Katoa
Salt Lake City, UT
LB 6-2/220 4.6

Those are the players I expect to get. Any players other than that would just be gravy.
When did we start recruiting girls? Is that a part of the NCAA sanctions?

;)

goingoneight
7/13/2007, 03:47 PM
^^^ :D They still wouldn't want to play for :mack: or OSW...

insuranceman_22
7/14/2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think we'll land Brown and Katoa, would be nice though. As for the DE's.....Aghayere would be very nice, but Kili is probably more likely. Washington is already committed and is a top tier guy, the other DE commit from tex. (to lazy to look it up) is quickly going up the ratings charts and will hopefully pain out to be a good Sooner. One guy we haven't mentioned here is the OL Love from b'ama. To get Good from Paris, Tx. and him in the same class would a really good thing I believe. OU has already put together a good recruiting class, I hope we're able to land some of these top tier guys we're still after......and I hope they all have the integrity of ENA.......

The Consumate Showman
7/14/2007, 12:58 AM
I don't think we'll land Brown and Katoa, would be nice though. As for the DE's.....Aghayere would be very nice, but Kili is probably more likely. Washington is already committed and is a top tier guy, the other DE commit from tex. (to lazy to look it up) is quickly going up the ratings charts and will hopefully pain out to be a good Sooner. One guy we haven't mentioned here is the OL Love from b'ama. To get Good from Paris, Tx. and him in the same class would a really good thing I believe. OU has already put together a good recruiting class, I hope we're able to land some of these top tier guys we're still after......and I hope they all have the integrity of ENA.......

You're referencing Casey Walker there...

Love is a heavy 'Bama lean...mark that one down...

Look for the McDaniel kid, Chevalier, or Joe King to be our other OL for the class...

I DO think we'll get AB...think his recruitment is much like Gerald McCoy's of a few years ago - knew where he was going, but wanted some pub for his teammates and his school...

Katoa is going to be a big fight with Uterus and with a lot of our attention focused in Wichita and Colorado for Major, Katoa may go elsewhere...

John Major might be an interesting story to follow...Hawkins will put the full court press on him, but we stole Zach Lat right out from under Barnett when he was the No. 1 player in Co. a few years back...

Taylor Hill from Cardinal Mooney looks like a good prospect and has told the convict @ ouinsider that OU is his No. 1...

McGee and Owens, I am pretty sure of this, will definetly be Sooners...McGee being the wild card of the two...

Rhino
7/14/2007, 11:56 PM
We have 15 now and will probably take five or six more.

1. Arthur Brown
2. Jameel Owens
3. Stacey McGee
4. Joe Adams
5. Lynn Katoa

McGuffie isn't coming to OU. Staley is LSU bound.

If a couple kids fall through, I see us taking John Williams and/or KJ Williams with the remaining spots.

The Consumate Showman
7/15/2007, 06:45 PM
We have 15 now and will probably take five or six more.

1. Arthur Brown
2. Jameel Owens
3. Stacey McGee
4. Joe Adams
5. Lynn Katoa

McGuffie isn't coming to OU. Staley is LSU bound.

If a couple kids fall through, I see us taking John Williams and/or KJ Williams with the remaining spots.

Can't count out Staley just yet. Lester is slow playing him and might pass on offering him a solid scholly.

Joe is looking more and more like a USuCk bound kid and I think we can replace Katoa on your list with Hill from C ardinal Mooney.

McGuffie goes to Mechegun country and I would bet on us taking KJ and then either John or Joe King...right now I lean more to King...will depend on if out-of-state options dry up and who has the better senior year...

Rhino
7/16/2007, 11:41 AM
I get the feeling that Staley just wants to play RB - no matter where that is. We all know that he won't be able to do that at OU.

The Consumate Showman
7/16/2007, 02:41 PM
I get the feeling that Staley just wants to play RB - no matter where that is. We all know that he won't be able to do that at OU.

Give him some time. Maybe he'll see that he can be a great player no matter what side of the ball he lines up on. I hope we get him, but I think we'll end up going after other options soon.

ou_football_fan
7/16/2007, 05:24 PM
Chancey Aghayere (DE) is a must get. With the lack of depth in our roster, he and R J Washington could both start their freshman years (08). We also need quality linebackers and so getting Arthur Brown would be a great. Also, Marcus Walker, D J Wolf, and Darien Williams are seniors and graduate at the end of 07 season. Nic Harris and Reggie Smith may also leave early for the NFl. Would be nice to get T J Bryant, Charles Whitlock and Dan McCarthy to replace them. That brings the total to 18 which is the maximum scholarships available for 2008.

BASSooner
7/16/2007, 06:12 PM
I don't see nic harris leaving early but reggie smith is a possibility. Chancey is a UT lean, I don't see TJ Bryant coming here unless he just somehow doesn't feel comfy with any of the florida schools. Whitlock is slim. I think we get Brown though. He loves OU and so does Bryce, and they both want to go to the same school. We still have a possible LB who will commit to us soon from ohio, taylor hill i think it is? Even if arthur brown does commit, i think hill comes, he's a great player from what i hear

MojoRisen
7/17/2007, 02:09 PM
We seem to stock pile DB's every year- I would think we should have some depth there with the two recruits this year and the last few years.

Speaking of DB's what happened to the kid that decommited from A&M and did not qualify last year. Malcom Williams I believe - is he going to make it?

insuranceman_22
7/18/2007, 11:17 PM
I think we've got some guys to step in at DB, problem is they are not game tested like Smith, Walker etc... I don't know about the Williams kid from last year? Rhino - Ninja - Showman? Chancey looks to be either Florida or saxet from the latest info. on the boards. I still don't think we get Staley (but I'd like to), he's a talented player and seems like a good guy.

What do you think Justin Johnson is going to play at OU? RB? LB? Royback? My guess is LB but I'd like to know what the rest of you think...

MojoRisen
7/18/2007, 11:31 PM
I personally would like to see what he can do with a full year at RB, I believe this is what he wants to play and he averaged over 10 yards a carry last year with a couple of years of experience at the position. THat is a lot of potential and I would hate to not give him an opportunity to have a big Sr year and show he can play RB anywhere he wants too- He himself said he will play anywhere we want him - I see him at Linebacker for sure weighing about 230 running a 4.5 and killin people - but if he can do that at RB so be it....

Soonerfan1993
7/19/2007, 01:18 AM
1. Arthur Brown
2. Jameel Owens
3. Stacey McGhee
4. Lynn Katoa or Jon Major
5. Adrian Bushell
6. The DT from Nevada

MojoRisen
7/25/2007, 10:26 AM
With Blackard gone and the likes - and our 2 scholly reductions.

Do we only have 3 scholly's left?

Owen's, Mcghee & a Linebacker or Corner

We got two solid DE's and Frank Alexander to make 3 to go along with Austin English and Jeremy Beal.

We could use a Solid Corner with the likes of Smith and Walker leaving to the NFL for some depth.

bprao5
7/26/2007, 11:13 AM
don't mean to sound negative here guys, however, what has Reggie Smith done at corner now all of a sudden he is headed for the NFL after this year. Stoops said it himself, he hasn't proven anything at that corner position. Lets wait and see what he does witha full year at corner (lets hope so cuz that would mean the safeties are playing well). Much like the Demarco craze, great upside, lets not give him the Heisman yet though until they both prove it on saturdays.

CatfishSooner
7/26/2007, 11:45 AM
don't mean to sound negative here guys, however, what has Reggie Smith done at corner now all of a sudden he is headed for the NFL after this year. Stoops said it himself, he hasn't proven anything at that corner position. Lets wait and see what he does witha full year at corner (lets hope so cuz that would mean the safeties are playing well). Much like the Demarco craze, great upside, lets not give him the Heisman yet though until they both prove it on saturdays.

I agree

MojoRisen
7/26/2007, 11:50 AM
I for one think that it is not a craze as much as it is the coaches saying how valuable he is etc. and ready to bust out at Corner...

I would think you could make more plays at Saftey - personally. I also think that Reggie and don't neg me- should be moved off of punt return and Murray or someone who will take some lumps get in there and make some plays.

Kickoff's great- punts for Reggie- average with a few fumbles.