PDA

View Full Version : I may be experiencing some identity theft

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 09:39 PM
I went to open a checking account for my son and was put on hold because of a flag from Telecheck. Since I write about 1 check a year it seemed very weird. Turned out to be my TX DL number on a check written to a Store I've never been in from an account at a bank I've never banked with. It should be cleared up soon.

I didn't think too much about it, but today I got a notice saying that my TX DL license will not be renewed because of failure to appear in court for traffic violations. We've received no prior communications about this and I don't have any unresolved traffic fines as far as I know. Now I'm getting a little worried about it. I'm wondering if somebody has my information out there getting in trouble.

rufnek05
7/12/2007, 09:42 PM
its the coneheads. they stole your identity so he could be employed fixing electronics. they are notoriously bad drivers.

OUinFLA
7/12/2007, 09:42 PM
You're gonna be sorry you were so mean to TxLidiGator.
He could get you out after an overnighter.

crawfish
7/12/2007, 10:27 PM
Pay your traffic tickets, you freeloader.

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 10:57 PM
Pay your traffic tickets, you freeloader.
I've paid all of them. I've never had any even make it to a court hearing except for one that I fought and got dismissed.

PhxSooner
7/12/2007, 11:04 PM
So, it's not your accounts that have been compromised, but your driver's license number? Is it your SS#? Have you had any other weird stuff happen with your checking account?

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 11:20 PM
SAS,

I know that only moments ago we confirmed our lunch plans for tomorrow at the Fox and/or Hound. Still, in light of your criminal past, I feel compelled to alter the arrangements.
We may still meet and eat, but you must sit under the table. After all, I am judged by the company that I keep.
I will wait in the parking lot until I see you enter the premises. After allowing a few moments for you to assume your place, I will enter and take my rightful seat as a law-abiding citizen.
Looking forward to it.

LF

OCUDad
7/12/2007, 11:41 PM
This begs the question: who would want to be you?

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 11:48 PM
This begs the question: who would want to be you?

What? Who wouldn't want to be SAS?
Devilishly handsome!
Snappy Dresser!
Bass Fisherman nonpareil!
Knows two ladies who make doughnuts!
Clever poster!
Chick magnet!
Skilled artisan!

Need one say more?

LF

OCUDad
7/12/2007, 11:50 PM
Dear LoyalFan: Please be aware that sanantoniosooner has stolen your password.

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2007, 11:51 PM
One weekend I was hanging out in Stillwater. Long story short, my buddy and I had to bail a girl out of jail because of this. Her ex boyfriend stole her birth certificate, his current girlfriend used it to get a new driver license. The fake chick got arrested and jailed and then violated probation as the girl we bailed out. The gir's,l that we bailed out of jail, saving grace was that she did not have any of the tattoos the computer system said she did and she looked nothing like the mugshot from whatever county Claremore is in.

I have no idea what it cost her or the time it took to get everything straightened out other than the 3 hours I spent at the Payne County Jail.

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 11:51 PM
Dear LoyalFan: Please be aware that sanantoniosooner has stolen your password.

No problem, I'm enjoying his credit cards, 'cept for the ten dollar limits.

LF

olevetonahill
7/13/2007, 01:14 AM
Call All 3 credit agencies NOW
Contest any thing that aint right !
Yw

RacerX
7/13/2007, 06:31 AM
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/

This is the site to get free credit reports from the big 3.

crawfish
7/13/2007, 07:35 AM
Devilishly handsome!
Snappy Dresser!
Clever poster!
Chick magnet!
Skilled artisan!

Need one say more?

LF

Nah, I like sex too much. :D

OU4LIFE
7/13/2007, 07:46 AM
Devilishly handsome!
Snappy Dresser!
Clever poster!
Chick magnet!
Skilled artisan!

Need one say more?

LF

You left out 'flamingly gay' and 'spectacular'

sanantoniosooner
7/13/2007, 08:09 AM
The jealousy from the "wannabees" around here is not unexpected.

It appears that a DL number is the only thing right now. We'll check into the court thing today and find out details. The letter they sent me contains zero details other than telling me I'm a bad person. After one incident, I just thought it was someone mistakenly wrote down the wrong number. Now, after a second event, I'm thinking somebody has a fake ID with my number on it and possibly even my name matched up.

I'll know later. Fortunately I don't carry credit cards. Only a debit card. It's pretty easy to monitor. I'll check to see if any cards have been opened in our/my name though.

colleyvillesooner
7/13/2007, 08:59 AM
The jealousy from the "wannabees" around here is not unexpected.

It appears that a DL number is the only thing right now. We'll check into the court thing today and find out details. The letter they sent me contains zero details other than telling me I'm a bad person. After one incident, I just thought it was someone mistakenly wrote down the wrong number. Now, after a second event, I'm thinking somebody has a fake ID with my number on it and possibly even my name matched up.

I'll know later. Fortunately I don't carry credit cards. Only a debit card. It's pretty easy to monitor. I'll check to see if any cards have been opened in our/my name though.

I'd do ASAP. I think you can tell them or flag your account somehow. Someone else will know more.

XingTheRubicon
7/13/2007, 09:18 AM
You might want to visit www.truecredit.com

You can file a fraud alert if necessary and it will automatically go to all 3 credit reporting agencies. You can, with this fraud alert, request to be telephoned before any new account is opened.

LoyalFan
7/13/2007, 10:51 AM
You left out 'flamingly gay' and 'spectacular'

Look, an hour from now SAS(SY?) and I are meeting for lunch at the Vulpine et Canine, so can we just settle for "Flamboyant"?

LoyalFan

OU4LIFE
7/13/2007, 10:57 AM
ok, I give him permission to be flamboyant.

this time.

oklaclarinet
7/13/2007, 04:15 PM
One weekend I was hanging out in Stillwater. Long story short, my buddy and I had to bail a girl out of jail because of this. Her ex boyfriend stole her birth certificate, his current girlfriend used it to get a new driver license. The fake chick got arrested and jailed and then violated probation as the girl we bailed out. The gir's,l that we bailed out of jail, saving grace was that she did not have any of the tattoos the computer system said she did and she looked nothing like the mugshot from whatever county Claremore is in.

I have no idea what it cost her or the time it took to get everything straightened out other than the 3 hours I spent at the Payne County Jail.

That would be Rogers County (used to live there).

sanantoniosooner
7/13/2007, 09:23 PM
Turns out that Lorena TX didn't clear their books when I paid a fine 2 years ago and it was a mistake, but legitimately connected to me.

Looks like a false alarm.

OUinFLA
7/13/2007, 09:48 PM
So................we've wasted all this bandwidth over a guberment mistake?

olevetonahill
7/13/2007, 10:08 PM
That slpains the ticket . But what about that Bad check you wrote ?

sooner_born_1960
7/14/2007, 12:58 AM
Turns out that Lorena TX didn't clear their books when I paid a fine 2 years ago and it was a mistake, but legitimately connected to me.

Looks like a false alarm.
Does this mean I have to give all the stuff back?

sanantoniosooner
7/14/2007, 09:22 AM
That slpains the ticket . But what about that Bad check you wrote ?
Before the second incident it was pretty conceivable to me that somebody just missed a number writing down the DL number of the person and got my number by accident. As long as nothing else crops up I'm still pretty comfortable with that scenario.

olevetonahill
7/14/2007, 05:35 PM
Before the second incident it was pretty conceivable to me that somebody just missed a number writing down the DL number of the person and got my number by accident. As long as nothing else crops up I'm still pretty comfortable with that scenario.
Telechek runs the account #s I think .

sanantoniosooner
7/14/2007, 05:50 PM
Telechek runs the account #s I think .
They may flag all possible numbers. The one that got me is the DL.

Scott D
7/14/2007, 06:45 PM
They may flag all possible numbers. The one that got me is the DL.

the irony I find in all this (and I'm glad it wasn't actual identity theft) is that your name is relatively common.

sanantoniosooner
7/14/2007, 09:49 PM
the irony I find in all this (and I'm glad it wasn't actual identity theft) is that your name is relatively common.
Almost as common as my dad's name.......John Smith

Scott D
7/15/2007, 02:03 AM
well on the bright side, at least you are part of the Doe family :)