PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Vista

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2007, 09:20 PM
I got a new laptop today, and I've been setting it up to my liking and moving files and such and 10 minutes into running Vista I got a blue screen of death and it crashed.

All my years of using XP and I never got a blue screen.

OUinFLA
7/12/2007, 09:40 PM
Welcome to Microsoft's newest attempt to bring you up to speed.

yermom
7/12/2007, 10:02 PM
trash that ****e, load Fedora ;)

or just XP

GottaHavePride
7/12/2007, 10:06 PM
Is Vista Service Pack 2 out yet? If not, I'm not upgrading.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/14/2007, 12:15 PM
i got a laptop with vista and "upgraded" to xp. i HATED vista.

Ike
7/14/2007, 12:32 PM
This is why I got a Mac.

yermom
7/14/2007, 12:41 PM
i rarely miss Windows on my Mac laptop

i almost think i can do without an Intel one, i like the way this one sleeps and resumes, it seems the Intel Macs have the same issues Intel PCs seem to

King Crimson
7/14/2007, 01:18 PM
part of the reason i'm holding off on buying a new or refurb laptop....which i need for my job.

Ike
7/14/2007, 01:23 PM
i rarely miss Windows on my Mac laptop

i almost think i can do without an Intel one, i like the way this one sleeps and resumes, it seems the Intel Macs have the same issues Intel PCs seem to
I have an intel mac, and I haven't noticed any issues with it whatsoever.

Plus, having basically linux under the hood is a big bonus for me.

yermom
7/14/2007, 01:32 PM
do you leave stuff running and just close the screen?

Ike
7/14/2007, 01:56 PM
yeah. not always, but quite often.

yermom
7/14/2007, 02:06 PM
maybe you are just lucky :D

soonerinabilene
7/14/2007, 03:32 PM
happened to me when I first got mine. Im gonna go out on a limb here- you got it at best buy, they set it up for you, and loaded a program called spy sweeper on it, and it crashed when you were surfin the net? If that is what happened, uninstall spy sweeper and you should be good to go. If not, then, uh, call bill gates.

OUinFLA
7/14/2007, 04:16 PM
If not, then, uh, call bill gates.

and ask him when am I going to get my money for passing along all those emails? I'm sure it has just slipped his mind.

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2007, 04:43 PM
happened to me when I first got mine. Im gonna go out on a limb here- you got it at best buy, they set it up for you, and loaded a program called spy sweeper on it, and it crashed when you were surfin the net? If that is what happened, uninstall spy sweeper and you should be good to go. If not, then, uh, call bill gates.

I did buy it at Best Buy, but there's no way in hell I let those morons set my computer up especially when they charge out the *** to do something that only takes me a few minutes to do myself.

When I first get a new computer, I always strip (uninstall) everything out basically down to just the OS and then build it back up from there. It takes awhile, and I still don't have everything exactly like I want but it's getting there. I just have to break it in more.