PDA

View Full Version : Doug Benson: Superhigh Me

OUAndy1807
7/12/2007, 07:12 PM
I'm excited about this movie:

What is the current status of the movie that you made, Super High Me?

It's currently in the editing phase and could take quite awhile to come together. I hear that the next month or so they're going to have what will probably be a two and a half hour cut of the movie that will then have to shape into a ninety minute or hour and forty-five minute version. I just recently saw a teaser trailer that will probably be leaked on the Internet soon and it's pretty interesting because I kind of wasn't there for half of the filming mentally. Watching the trailer, it's pretty weird to see yourself doing things you don't really remember doing.

How did this movie come to be and how did you meet up with Michael Blieden ?

Well, it started out as a joke in my act where I'd say that I saw the movie Supersize Me and I thought watching a guy eat McDonalds every day for thirty days was disgusting and that a much more pleasurable movie would be where I smoke pot every day for thirty days. It'd called Super High Me or Business As Usual, the tag being that McDonalds would probably be in my movie too. I'd been telling that joke for a while and I'd been friends with Blieden for a while, mostly through comedy acquaintances. I'd just run into Blieden on social occasions, and he also smokes pot so we would enjoy each other's company. One night we were at a dinner after a wedding of a mutual friend and I just said some sort of comment because I had seen Comedians of Comedy and said, "You know, we should really make a movie about me getting high every day for thirty days" and he just really sparked to the idea, really loved it, and basically he's the one who kind of kept on me about it until we got financing in place and were able to actually make it. It was mostly the same team that did Comedians of Comedy so now we're even better friends than we ever were because he followed me around with a camera for sixty days.

Should people then expect to see a lot of comedians in the movie as well?

Yes, quite a bit. All of my friends are in it and quite a few of them actually get captured smoking pot on film, which I was very proud of because I think that's part of what we want the movie to do. To not only make people who smoke pot laugh, but make people who don't smoke pot realize that it's all around us, that it's not hurting anyone, that it's something that should be more accepted, and certainly in the voting booth. People should be working toward passing medical marijuana laws because if someone is in pain and sitting at home minding their own business and smoking pot makes them feel better then they should be allowed to do that. But yeah, that's what it is. There's lots of comedians in the movie. Sarah Silverman, Bob Odenkirk, Zach Galifianakis, Brian Posehn.

yermom
7/12/2007, 07:37 PM
nice

critical_phil
7/12/2007, 08:35 PM
this is just a gateway documentary to hardcore stuff like snuff films.