PDA

View Full Version : Got Bad News Today

VeeJay
7/12/2007, 05:24 PM
Just a few minutes ago, I received news that the 32 year old son of a very good friend of mine here at work committed suicide from an overdose this afternoon.

I met my friend's son when I worked with my friend some 17 years ago, when he was 15. We went one day to a NC State football game.

My friend, who I stayed in touch with all through the years was very instrumental in getting me in touch with the right people for the job I currently have. His son was a local sheriff's deputy and had been assigned to drug dealers, raids, etc. He had to take a disability due to health reasons from the physical demands of his job not long ago. In addition, his wife recently separated from him. Due to the disability he hasn't been able to work lately, and my friend told me not long ago he was very depressed and having a feeling of inadequacy as both a husband and as a young man unable to work.

This is going to be very hard on my friend. This was his only son. You aren't supposed to bury your kids.

At any rate, my friend and his wife are very active in their church and will receive a lot of support. Keep them in mind please.

GrapevineSooner
7/12/2007, 05:25 PM
Will do.

Sucks to hear that kind of news.

usmc-sooner
7/12/2007, 05:26 PM
damn that's terrible.

rufnek05
7/12/2007, 05:29 PM
thoughts and prayers on the way.

Widescreen
7/12/2007, 05:56 PM
:( Terrible news. I'm very thankful that I haven't had to deal with that kind of depression.

olevetonahill
7/12/2007, 07:52 PM
Ya know Im in

Soonerus
7/12/2007, 09:41 PM
Sorry man, prayers are with you and the family of the deceased...

HskrGrl
7/12/2007, 11:05 PM
That is so sad. :( I will be praying for your friend and his family!

oumartin
7/12/2007, 11:46 PM
thats very sad news, very sorry to hear that.

Tailwind
7/12/2007, 11:54 PM
Oh, man! So sorry about this.

OCUDad
7/12/2007, 11:56 PM
Good thoughts toward your friend.

stoopified
7/13/2007, 12:02 AM
Just a few minutes ago, I received news that the 32 year old son of a very good friend of mine here at work committed suicide from an overdose this afternoon.

I met my friend's son when I worked with my friend some 17 years ago, when he was 15. We went one day to a NC State football game.

My friend, who I stayed in touch with all through the years was very instrumental in getting me in touch with the right people for the job I currently have. His son was a local sheriff's deputy and had been assigned to drug dealers, raids, etc. He had to take a disability due to health reasons from the physical demands of his job not long ago. In addition, his wife recently separated from him. Due to the disability he hasn't been able to work lately, and my friend told me not long ago he was very depressed and having a feeling of inadequacy as both a husband and as a young man unable to work.

This is going to be very hard on my friend. This was his only son. You aren't supposed to bury your kids.

At any rate, my friend and his wife are very active in their church and will receive a lot of support. Keep them in mind please.Will do.I can empathize fully as my cousin committed suicide in 2001 at age40.I have had survivors guilt ever since.

StoopTroup
7/13/2007, 02:59 AM
I've lost an Aunt and two former co-workers.

A though time for all of us as we all would have done anything to stop them...

My deepest sympathy VeeJay...

ST

proud gonzo
7/13/2007, 10:58 AM
sucks :(

TUSooner
7/13/2007, 11:23 AM
Very sad.
Prayers for all concerned.

OKC-SLC
7/13/2007, 12:13 PM
very sad.