PDA

View Full Version : Here's something for you guys to laugh at...

OSUAggie
7/12/2007, 04:32 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/aggies/2007/07/my_big_12_preseason_poll.html

July 11, 2007
My Big 12 preseason poll
Oops! Forgot to turn in my preseason ballot to the Big 12....again. But just remember you read it here first.

South Division

1. Oklahoma State

-Offensive weapons galore and just wait until you see Bobby Reid do his Vince Young impression this season. Look for the Cowboys to stun the Longhorns come Nov. 3.

2. Texas A&M

-Aggies have the toughest road -- literally -- to go in the Big 12 South, but they also arguably have the most talented offensive cast of any of the division opponents. Look for a combination of ball control offense and outstanding defensive play to carry the day in key road games against Tech, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

3. Texas

-Colt McCoy will be a year wiser and with the help of Jamaal Charles and Limas Sweed should take another huge step forward this season. But there could be questions along the offensive line and in some key defensive areas.

4. Oklahoma

-The Sooners are more than able to replace Adrian Peterson in the backfield, but who's at quarterback? Not much was settled this spring between Joey Halzle and redshirt freshman Sam Bradford.

5. Texas Tech

-The Red Raiders will again put up staggering offensive numbers, but one day Mike Leach will learn this game is really about how you play defense.

6. Baylor

-How can we say this? It's been real coach Morriss.

North Division

1. Nebraska

-The Cornhuskers have the pieces in place to take last season's North title run to the next level. Some might be concerned about who replaces Zac Taylor, but Sam Keller steps in and the offense doesn't miss a beat with the double-threat backfield of Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn.

2. Missouri

-Chase Daniel and the Tigers have the North Division title in sight. Circle Oct.6 showdown with Nebraska as a must-win game.

3. Kansas State

-After stunning Texas last season, Ron Prince has the Wildcats believing the hype. Now, if only their opponents will buy it.

4. Kansas

-The Jayhawks have a solid defense with stalwarts like defensive tackle James McClinton and linebacker Mike Rivera back. But they still may not have enough offense to get over the hump.

5. Colorado

-Dan Hawkins will find out what his former boss, Dirk Koetter, found out when he left Boise State for Arizona State: This is a whole new level.

6. Iowa State

-The Cyclones team could be so bad that it almost seems unfair that Bret Meyer can't claim hardship and transfer to another Division I-A program without penalty.

buffalobill989
7/12/2007, 04:34 PM
Pass the crack pipe please:eek:

silverwheels
7/12/2007, 04:37 PM
-The Red Raiders will again put up staggering offensive numbers, but one day Mike Leach will learn this game is really about how you play defense.

So Oklahoma State is #1 because... :confused:

Although the North is spot-on.

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2007, 04:38 PM
Dumbest thing I have seen since I left orangepower.com

Vaevictis
7/12/2007, 04:42 PM
It does say "Aggies" right by the dude's name, after all.

OSUAggie
7/12/2007, 04:44 PM
He's the Aggy beat writer.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2007, 04:53 PM
He's a complete jackhole.

Seems that way.

silverwheels
7/12/2007, 04:56 PM
Here's how I think the South will go:

1a. Oklahoma
1b. Texas

- Both teams are stocked with talent. Texas needs to replace 3 OL starters, find a running game, and keep Colt healthy. They also have to replace 3/4 of the secondary that had two guys get drafted in the first round in April. Oklahoma has all the pieces in place to have a great offense except for QB. But, with all the talent around whoever gets the nod, it will be hard for the O to not do well. Defensively, the secondary is the best in the conference, but the front 7 needs a little rebuilding. I think the sting of the missing 2003 class is pretty much gone now, so we should be able to replace the departing players with relative ease; we don't face a good offensive team until Texas. Winner of the RRS is the front-runner to win the division (and the conference), but as last year and 2001 proved, it's not a guarantee.

3. Oklahoma State

- Great offense, average (at best) defense. I don't think improvement on the defensive side of the ball is impossible, but they'd have to improve by a lot, coupled with collapses by OU and UT to take the top spot in the South. They're getting better, but OU and UT have had a stranglehold on the division since 2000, and neither squad seems to be willing to let go.

4. Texas A&M

- Talented team, especially on offense, but like OSU, their defense left quite a bit to be desired last year. Couple that with a brutal schedule (road games at Miami, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas Tech, where they haven't won in over a decade), and this could be a rough year for the Aggies. They might be the 3rd best team in the division, but their schedule will let OSU finish ahead of them. T+1 may be in College Station this year, but you know Texas will be p¡ssed.

5. Texas Tech

- Lots of reloading to do on an already mediocre defense. Graham Harrell is going to put up monster numbers, though. They'll be the fifth team from the division to go bowling, I think.

6. Baylor

- No-brainer here. They did finish ahead of OSU 2 years ago, but they have to replace a lot, including their starting QB. It's still a massive uphill battle for the Bears, but Guy Morriss does have them going in the right direction. It's just too bad for them that they play in one of the toughest, most balanced divisions in America.

GrapevineSooner
7/12/2007, 05:06 PM
I give him credit for going out on a limb.

Seriously, predicitions are silly.

All of them.

Edmond Sooner
7/12/2007, 06:12 PM
I didn't know The Onion had an online sports section.

MiccoMacey
7/12/2007, 08:41 PM
"4. Oklahoma

-The Sooners are more than able to replace Adrian Peterson in the backfield, but who's at quarterback? Not much was settled this spring between Joey Halzle and redshirt freshman Sam Bradford.

5. Texas Tech

-The Red Raiders will again put up staggering offensive numbers, but one day Mike Leach will learn this game is really about how you play defense."

So which is it? OU has one of the best defenses in the nation, but we're number four because we don't have a QB (regardless of all the talent surrounding him).

OSU is number one because they have a great offense, yet no one has ever been able to prove they put 11 men on the field at any given time on defense. Texas Tech is number five because they don't have a defense.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2007, 09:26 PM
JohnnyMack predicts the Big XII South

1. A Turnip

2. Baylor

3. My long deceased Grandmother's salt and pepper shaker collection

4. Will Rogers High School's 4th hour shop class

5. A trashbag

6. OSU

Whheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Predictions are fun.

auto
7/12/2007, 09:56 PM
Cocaine's a helluva drug

BASSooner
7/12/2007, 10:02 PM
"4. Oklahoma

5. Texas Tech

-The Red Raiders will again put up staggering offensive numbers, but one day Mike Leach will learn this game is really about how you play defense."

So which is it? OU has one of the best defenses in the nation, but we're number four because we don't have a QB (regardless of all the talent surrounding him).

OSU is number one because they have a great offense, yet no one has ever been able to prove they put 11 men on the field at any given time on defense. Texas Tech is number five because they don't have a defense.
You should be negged sooo bad. They have the best offense IN THE WORLD! That is why they are going to steam roll everyone ;)

goingoneight
7/13/2007, 12:02 PM
... and how many big games did they win with that offense last year? No aggy, Bomar Tech, Who'ston?, and Popcorn State don't count.

OSUAggie
7/13/2007, 12:10 PM
We didn't beat "Bomar Tech" (whoever the **** that is), "Who'ston?", or East Popcorn State.

Regarding the offense, they played well enough to win all but the Texas game.

MiccoMacey
7/13/2007, 01:14 PM
Give it up, Aggie.

If Reid passed for 300 yards a game, and Savage rushed for three hundred yards a game, no one on this board (save a few unbiased, yet extremely intelligent and good looking people :)) would acknowledge a positive thing for OSU.

Head, meet wall.

goingoneight
7/13/2007, 01:33 PM
We didn't beat "Bomar Tech" (whoever the **** that is), "Who'ston?", or East Popcorn State.

That was a reference to your schedule. And no, I don't give my own team credit for Middle Tennessee Tech or Iowa States either.

XFollower
7/13/2007, 01:42 PM
1. Oklahoma State

-Having the most powerful offense in the world, the head coach with the coolest hair, a cattle gate into the stadium (the greatest stadium ever), gazillions contributed by Godfather Nose Pickens, and being the State's university, how can they not be #1. Keep dreaming.

SwitzerFan
7/13/2007, 01:49 PM
Give it up you orange piece of crap and go back to humping sheep!

The Maestro
7/13/2007, 03:31 PM
Shouldn't this be on the wrasslin' message board?

wishbonesooner
7/13/2007, 03:34 PM
Oklahoma Stae EVER winning anything in football. That's funny right there. My grandkids will never live long enough to see that happen.

BASSooner
7/13/2007, 03:56 PM
Oklahoma Stae EVER winning anything in football. That's funny right there. My grandkids will never live long enough to see that happen.

Actually that won't happen when anything living is around :D

fadada1
7/13/2007, 05:22 PM
what a maroon.

dude's got 1900+ posts, and (probably) around 31,456,552 neg spek points. sounds like someone has an unhealthy relationship with pain.

crimson&cream
7/14/2007, 06:49 PM
Isn't it strange that none of these twerps were critical of Texas last yr with a unproven red-shirt QB to start the season with.:pop:

crimson&cream
7/14/2007, 06:55 PM

But did you win, NO! thats right NO!----- almost, if, could've,etc doesn't count -just the final score for nobody 20 yrs from now will remember the if's, could'ves, almosts, etc, only that you lost.

Sooner74
7/14/2007, 11:05 PM
I like the one comeback NCAA penalty aggies now. I would at least think they could get creative instead of piggybacking the NCAA. Now as far as the article goes- "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" If anyone takes this as written word from GOD then you are surely just a fairweather fan. Their is not a hot chance in anartica that OSU will be on top #1, UNO. At least it keeps some of you moron occupied daydreaming of what it would be like to beat SAXET and the SOONERS in the BIG 2.

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2007, 02:45 AM
Poor pokes...that little brother syndrome just hits them so hard :rolleyes:

Tailwind
7/15/2007, 12:31 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk. *Shakes head.*