PDA

View Full Version : Question for auto selling afficianados

Widescreen
7/12/2007, 09:28 AM
If you have a title that shows a lien but also have the lien release, can you sell the vehicle directly or do you first have to get a new title that does not show the lien?

Fin!

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2007, 11:08 AM
If you have a title that shows a lien but also have the lien release, can you sell the vehicle directly or do you first have to get a new title that does not show the lien?

Fin!

You can sell it directly, but the person you sell it to will have to turn the lien release with the signed-off title.

Widescreen
7/12/2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks. That's what I was hoping. The title is still an Oklahoma title and I'm probably going to just sell it to Carmax in Plano.

TUSooner
7/12/2007, 11:20 AM
You can sell it directly, but the person you sell it to will have to turn the lien release with the signed-off title.

A straight answer in the 1st reply ?!?
So much for this thread.

Widescreen
7/12/2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I was kind of surprised about that too. I never give a straight reply whether it's the 1st or the 100th. Mike's apparently off his game today.

Rogue
7/12/2007, 08:01 PM
In TN we have a little "Lien Release" dealio on the title. Just got my motorcycle paid off and the title from the credit union has a "released date" area with their stamp in it.

Does the car have large talons?