PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why I think people are stupid

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/12/2007, 08:42 AM
Early last year, the husband of a friend of mine died after a somewhat lengthy illness. It's been a struggle, but she is now ready to date again.

Here's the stupid part--someone told her she had a dream about the now deceased husband and he told her to let my friend know she didn't need to worry about meeting someone else because he was waiting for her.

WTF? Why would you tell someone that?

OUDoc
7/12/2007, 08:44 AM
That's pretty weird of them. I have no idea why anyone would tell them, nor why anyone would give a crap about someone else's dreams.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 08:44 AM
I bet she's a religious kook isn't she?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/12/2007, 08:49 AM
I bet she's a religious kook isn't she?I wouldn't say she's a kook, but she is quite spiritual.

I guess I don't see the point in telling someone that.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't say she's a kook, but she is quite spiritual.

That qualifies. Is she older too?

M
7/12/2007, 09:00 AM
You could always tell her that you had a dream that she met Jonathan Rhys Meyers and they engaged in some headboard-banging, neighbors-can-hear-you, up-til-the-break-of-dawn mattress mambo.

Maybe that would help.

;)

Jerk
7/12/2007, 09:04 AM
If she is a Bible kind of kook then she forgot to read the part about communicating with the dead. Because, they're like, dead. If they are dead, then how can you talk to them? They have to be alive.

It's like how people say "My grandpa is dead and is in Heavan." Well, if he's in Heavan, then wouldn't he actaully be alive?

We haven't had the resserrection, yet.

usmc-sooner
7/12/2007, 09:12 AM
Early last year, the husband of a friend of mine died after a somewhat lengthy illness. It's been a struggle, but she is now ready to date again.

Here's the stupid part--someone told her she had a dream about the now deceased husband and he told her to let my friend know she didn't need to worry about meeting someone else because he was waiting for her.

WTF? Why would you tell someone that?

were they trying to say that he said it was ok for her to date or were they saying don't bother because she's going to die soon and he's waiting for her.

In my limited experience people usually have good motivation and bad judgment, they try to be helpful and put their foot in their mouth.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2007, 09:15 AM
I'm gonna go with Pat's evaluation of "kook" on this one.

I Bleed Crimson and Cream
7/12/2007, 09:16 AM
Sam Houston BEARKATs and Bomar will play the Cowboys in Stillwater on Sept 29, 6 pm.

Hatfield
7/12/2007, 09:17 AM
that is the definition of cruel.

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 09:25 AM
Sam Houston BEARKATs and Bomar will play the Cowboys in Stillwater on Sept 29, 6 pm.

Did you...errr...dream this? If so, was it part of the dream involving the deceased spouse aforementioned within this thread? If not, what do YOU think prompted your dream?
Did you eat Italian right before bedtime? Perhaps some limburger and sardines on rye crisps?

LF
Ambien CR (TM) is your friend.