PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Tide

mdklatt
7/12/2007, 12:29 AM
Damn good movie.

One thing I've always wondered: The whole Lipizzaner Stallion "all white"/"born black" exchange towards the end--is that supposed to be some kind of racial thing? :confused:

DuSStyBottoms22
7/12/2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah it is, gene hackmans character made a reference to it earlier in the movie

mdklatt
7/12/2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah it is, gene hackmans character made a reference to it earlier in the movie

So we're supposed to think he's a racist or what? Unless there's a subplot that ended up on the cutting room floor, that doesn't fit with the rest of the movie at all.

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2007, 07:15 AM
I thought it was ridiculously over the top, melodramatic, and had some technical flaws. Good story that I think Hollywood screwed up, would be unwatchable without Denzel and Gene keeping it afloat.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2007, 08:17 AM
So we're supposed to think he's a racist or what? Unless there's a subplot that ended up on the cutting room floor, that doesn't fit with the rest of the movie at all.

i think it was just gene's character trying to rattle denzel's....in a moment when there appeared to be a little calm, i think he was trying to get under his skin personally

stoopified
7/12/2007, 09:19 AM
Or maybe Hackman is just confirming he now knows that these all white trick performing horses are born black and are from Spain, not Portugal.I actually saw these horses perform in the summer of 1980.

sooneron
7/12/2007, 09:25 AM
I thought it was ridiculously over the top, melodramatic, and had some technical flaws. Good story that I think Hollywood screwed up, would be unwatchable without Denzel and Gene keeping it afloat.
Over the top from Bruckheimer?? Surely you jest.

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2007, 04:31 PM
Over the top from Bruckheimer?? Surely you jest.

Heh, is he responsible for that movie? I didn't even know that.

RacerX
7/12/2007, 04:36 PM
I wish the movie had ended earlier.

There was no need to let us know the content of the message at the end. Were they supposed to fire or weren't they? Leave it hanging. That would've been cool.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/12/2007, 05:01 PM
Or maybe Hackman is just confirming he now knows that these all white trick performing horses are born black and are from Spain, not Portugal.I actually saw these horses perform in the summer of 1980.
I saw them back in 1984, but I didn't have an enjoyable time. My folks like horses and I don't, so I kind of got dragged kicking and screaming. Plus, my old man berated me for complaining about going to a steak house to eat before the show instead of Burger King or some other fast-food place (I was 12 at the time, I didn't know any better).