PDA

View Full Version : Biggest loser today in OU announcement...

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 10:35 PM
...credibility of the NCAA, I'll put Boren, Stoops and Joe C's integrity against any in the country and their handling of this matter was a model of propriety....

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 10:50 PM
NCAA is the "Dancing Bears"...

setem
7/11/2007, 11:10 PM
The Boz said it best!

NCAA = National Communists Against Athletics!

This sucks a fat one. Maybe we will win the appeal?

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 11:14 PM
You know I think the NCAA is just a mockery so, as such, I think they are fine....

setem
7/11/2007, 11:17 PM
They can not take those wins away!

I saw them win, you saw them win, we all saw them win!

The NCAA can kiss my fat ***!

I am sure they care what I think!

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 11:26 PM
Taking a win away ,after the fact by two years, is a fricken joke...

Suerreal
7/12/2007, 12:10 AM
Can anyone with a lick of sense throw in a yellow flag and call the NCAA for Unsportsmanlike Conduct for piling on?

Forfeiting the 2005 is meaningless, except to Stoops' and program stats.

Not to mention that it's punishing the football team for the sins of the former basketball coach. I mean would lack of institutional control/failure to monitor even have been on the board without Kelvin Sampson?

IMO, the 2005 forfeiture is petty, vindictive, and just one more reason why the NCAA is going to find itself obsolete when colleges decide enough is enough and form another sanctioning body that understands college athletics.

Sooner74
7/12/2007, 12:12 AM
THE student section should be sold the BoZ shirt.

arlington
7/12/2007, 12:12 AM
Am i the only one here who is feeling happy and greatful as heck? The NCAA kept us hanging around wondering our fate for over a year, allowing teams to negative recruit against us like crazy and in the end all we lose is "games" from 2 seasons ago and a 4 scholies?

What a great deal is that..No tv timeouts..No BCS ramifications..No conference penalties..No loss of 7 scholies per year for 3 or 4 years..

Why is everyone here so down!

goingoneight
7/12/2007, 12:30 AM
I guess arlington wants to present Mike Belotti with the whale trophy?

Seriously, that season was a great story... toughest schedule ever played, one of the youngest teams to ever play. They watch their arch-rival march on to win the MNC (which was a swift kick in the nuts as far as motivation was concerned), they grew up together. I can tell you right now there are guys like Reggie Smith, Malcom Kelly, AD... guys who busted their asses to pull out a winning season and beat a top-5 UO team. The Bomar hype also led up to the great story that was 2006 when he was ever-so-humbled.

arlington
7/12/2007, 12:40 AM
I hope that wasnt a shot against me. I agree that that team was alot of fun, watching them grow together and improve as the season went on. So what does stripping away its victories do? Nothing! We all WATCHED the damn games! Is Bobby Ewing the head of the NCAA infractions committee to where we omit the record but forget about the team?

Who cares, the big thing is it will not affect our future..I dont know how being able to say that team won 8 games or not takes anything away from anything.

stoopified
7/12/2007, 08:01 AM
The Boz said it best!

NCAA = National Communists Against Athletics!

This sucks a fat one. Maybe we will win the appeal?
Bingo!

2k2 c5
7/12/2007, 07:09 PM
Taking a win away ,after the fact by two years, is a fricken joke...

Actually, the irony is that now we have two wins against oregon that we can't count.