PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dean !!!

slickdawg
7/11/2007, 08:18 PM
Can you get me a permit to legally shoot at the little ****ers that keep smashing my mailbox? I'd appreciate it.

:mad:

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 09:21 PM
No. Just do what I did. I set a 4 inch 1/4 wall pipe 3 feet into the ground with 3 bags of concrete. I put rebar and concrete inside the pipe. I welded a 1/4" diamond plate steel mailbox to a 1/4" flat piece of steel and welded the whole shebang on the pole. If one of those little ****ers takes a swing at it he's gonna dislocate his shoulder. My only worry is if somebody hits it in their vehicle. It'd cut a car in half.

slickdawg
7/11/2007, 09:36 PM
No. Just do what I did. I set a 4 inch 1/4 wall pipe 3 feet into the ground with 3 bags of concrete. I put rebar and concrete inside the pipe. I welded a 1/4" diamond plate steel mailbox to a 1/4" flat piece of steel and welded the whole shebang on the pole. If one of those little ****ers takes a swing at it he's gonna dislocate his shoulder. My only worry is if somebody hits it in their vehicle. It'd cut a car in half.

I haven't got a friend out here that can weld, but that's a great idea.

You must be out of town, eh?

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 09:40 PM
I haven't got a friend out here that can weld, but that's a great idea.

You must be out of town, eh?
I gots a shop . Pay fer the parts and come on
Hell I can fedup it to you iffin you want :D

slickdawg
7/11/2007, 09:41 PM
This reminds me of an old friend of mine in high school, his father was a structural iron worker. Someone kept smashing their mailbox, and they did a similar thing. He took a piece of 10 foot piece of 8" steel water main, and augered a hole down 6 feet, filled it up with concrete (from a buddy of his that owns a cement company, delivered in a truck) then welded a homemade box made of 1/4" plate steel on it.

Sure enough, the SMRT kids came back with their bat, and they heard a
"CHINNNNK, CRASSSSSSSSHHHH" one night.

Best guess is the chink is where the bat hit the box, and the crash was the rear window being broken by the rebound of the bat. They had no other
problems after that incident.

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 09:43 PM
The trick is to Make it look like a poonanny box . but stouter than hell
Ya know camo that f -er :D

Vaevictis
7/11/2007, 09:48 PM
Just stick a jar of nitroglycerine in it at night and be done with it ;)

SoonerGirl06
7/11/2007, 09:50 PM
I'm PMS-ing, full of road rage, had a facial peel so my face hurts like hell....

I'll gladly take care of those little sh*ts for ya.

Vaevictis
7/11/2007, 09:52 PM
I'm telling you: Nitroglycerine.

The first time your mailbox turns one of them kids into chunky salsa is the last time anyone takes a baseball bat to it.

phead903
7/11/2007, 09:54 PM
I'm PMS-ing, full of road rage, had a facial peel so my face hurts like hell....

I'll gladly take care of those little sh*ts for ya.

You tell 'em Sweetie!:D

Vaevictis
7/11/2007, 09:55 PM
And if you really wanted to drive the point home, you could store some ball bearings and rat poison (anti-coagulant) in there too.

Just saying.

Mixer!
7/11/2007, 11:33 PM
Hillbilly IED? :pop:

StoopTroup
7/12/2007, 03:02 AM
What about an unstable pipe bomb with correct postage? ;)

Jerk
7/12/2007, 06:58 AM
This thread has really gotten me scratching the goatee in deep deep meditation.

The trick is, how do you do this right without too much collateral damage and/or civilian casualities. Plus, you don't want to kill the postman. That would be a federal offense.

I'm thinking of something like an air-tight mail box with extremely high pressure, mildly flammable gasses, and a detonator. I need an engineer.

SoonerBorn68
7/12/2007, 07:17 AM
Get one of those outdoor motion activated cameras & catch the little f'er in the act. Turn the pic into the feds & hopefully mailbox whacker guy will have a date with Big Willie at some federal facility.

SoonerBorn68
7/12/2007, 07:19 AM
On a side note, when I was a kid the mailman ****ed me off for some reason so I backed an old tom cat in one of the neighbor's mailboxes. It wasn't pretty. :D

Mixer!
7/12/2007, 09:04 AM
I need an engineer.

http://blog.news-record.com/staff/melskitchen/mac2.jpg

Vaevictis
7/12/2007, 09:18 AM
The trick is, how do you do this right without too much collateral damage and/or civilian casualities. Plus, you don't want to kill the postman. That would be a federal offense.

You could always exercise the "hold mail until I pick up" option until your prey has offed themselves.

Jerk
7/12/2007, 09:53 AM
You could always exercise the "hold mail until I pick up" option until your prey has offed themselves.

Problem solved! We can really accomplish a lot when we put our minds together.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/12/2007, 10:15 AM
On a side note, when I was a kid the mailman ****ed me off for some reason so I backed an old tom cat in one of the neighbor's mailboxes. It wasn't pretty. :D

My cousin and I stuck a road kill skunk in a mailbox over a weekend...We laughed hard as hell as the mailman put the mail in the box on Monday, the mail carrier whipped backward so fast, you'd think he got whiplash. My cousin's friend on the other hand, had to put the mail on the clothesline for about a week before he could open it. Mmmmm, I love rural humor...