PDA

View Full Version : This will only serve as fuel for the Sooner football team

MamaMia
7/11/2007, 07:07 PM
What the NCAA meant for harm will change into good for the Sooner faithful.

We can rest assured that the Oklahoma Sooners will roll over any team we meet on that field. Don't you know that football team is ready to tear it up even more now? This is just the kind of attack our boys needed to insure that Miami and Texas win this year.

Those pencil pushing meat heads at the NCAA can erase all the wins they want. We know who won those games and at the end of the day thats really what matters. Since when does a Sooner care what anyone else believes? When are people going to learn that its not nice to mess with the Sooners? ;)

Jello Biafra
7/11/2007, 07:19 PM
What the NCAA meant for harm will change into good for the Sooner faithful.

We can rest assured that the Oklahoma Sooners will roll over any team we meet on that field. Don't you know that football team is ready to tear it up even more now? This is just the kind of attack our boys needed to insure that Miami and Texas win this year.

Those pencil pushing meat heads at the NCAA can erase all the wins they want. We know who won those games and at the end of the day thats really what matters. Since when does a Sooner care what anyone else believes? When are people going to learn that its not nice to mess with the Sooners? ;)

mama you way too nice :)

Ash
7/11/2007, 07:33 PM
Like most everyone else, I was ****ed when I heard the ruling today. But the more I think about it, the more I agree with others that it's not as bad as it could have been. I don't agree with the NCAAs logic (or lack thereof) and think the circumstances of this case warranted a different conclusion. But, forget it, it is what it is.

We have a great coaching staff.
They continue to recruit well.
OU football will continue its winning tradition, no matter what's put down on paper or what others might think or say.
Just like the BSU game, as soon as we win our next championship it will be nothing but a distant memory. (And yes, I really do think Stoops has another MNC and mutliple conf. champs on the way).

Ash
7/11/2007, 07:34 PM
Heh, passed the 2gr mark and didn't even notice. :D

bri
7/11/2007, 07:34 PM
Wait, why do we want to insure that Miami and Texas win? I want those teams to lose.

Ash
7/11/2007, 07:40 PM
Wait, why do we want to insure that Miami and Texas win? I want those teams to lose.

It's part of the counter-conspiracy strategy, don't blow it by advertising it all over the place. :bsmf:

Geekboy
7/11/2007, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Ash I don't agree with the NCAAs logic (or lack thereof) [/QUOTE]
They usually don't exhibit rational logic. They are typical of the overblown bureaucratic bull**** where egos and self righteousness feed on each other.

They are the IRS of college sports.

Yes, they do serve a necessary police type function but they go WAY overboard, most of the time, which is typical in an over bloated bureaucracy staffed with unintelligent employees that feed their petty little low self esteem personality profiles by making stupid judgements to make themselves feel 'powerful.'

I wish the conferences would unit and form a committee and while trying to do the right thing......would tell the NCAA to kiss their collective asses when it comes to ridiculous and unjust reprisals. Stoops did everything he could to rectify the problem. He should get massive accolades for what he did.
Yet the NCAA kicked him in the balls regardless. This breeds an enviroment of contempt and ill will towards the NCAA.

I disagree with those that thought the sanctions were somewhat reasonable.
I agree with Boren's letter.
The NCAA is almost always overboard in their sanctions.

So let's see.....Bomar got some payments from a car dealership so that makes him the equivalent of a pro quarterback?

Maybe OU doesn't get to play in a bowl game next year. Considering Stoops action in the handling of this matter........I wouldn't impose ANY sanctions on OU.

Hey.......where are the sanctions against USC and the Reggie Bush debacle?
Gee.......that investigation seems to be chugging along at a VERY slow rate!

Here's where Stoops screwed up....he addressed the problem immediately and he got hammered for it!

Bush and Carroll and USC are in total denial and, oh my!....the NCAA can't seem to figure out what is going on there!!!

Joe McKnight admits to a conversation with Bush and recruiting and then after it's realized that is a BIG NO-NO....Carroll and McKnight get amnesia and claim it didn't happen!

The NCAA is biased. They impose a double standard. They hate most southern teams. Their transparency makes me want to puke.

Octavian
7/11/2007, 08:18 PM
the Illuminati are behind the NCAA

KantoSooner
7/11/2007, 08:51 PM
I'm with Mama on this one. Displaying my age, I remember what happened when the bastidges penalized Barry. And it wasn't pretty for the teams fated to play OU that next year.
The NCAA is an utterly biased and useless organization (note that the first two names mentioned in the press release are affiliated with Miami and Central Michigan (didn't Nichols decommit from there to come to OU?). Noooooo, of course they don't have axes to grind.
Since this group of thugs have decided to focus their wrath on OU rather than addressing far more egregious violations elsewhere there is only one course to follow:

Kick the hell out of all opponents in the future and I mean leave no doubt. Forget sportsmanship, this is revenge. OU has been far too nice for a long time now. It's now time to get ugly with people.

Think long and hard before ever again voluntering anything to the NCAA again. It just doesn't seem to pay.

cheezyq
7/12/2007, 08:38 AM
Think long and hard before ever again voluntering anything to the NCAA again. It just doesn't seem to pay.

I'm with you on this comment. The staff should have just given the money back and re-wrote their timecards, etc. when they discovered it. That approach seems to have worked for USC.

The NCAA ruling on OU and the lack of action against USC will discourage ANY team from policing their own organizations, that's for sure. At least there's a lesson in all this - refuse to cooperate with NCAA regulations, and you can have all the players you can afford and win as many MNCs as you want. Follow the rules, and face a stiff punishment.

yermom
7/12/2007, 09:55 AM
this could be the chip on their shoulder that the team needs

maybe that will get us to stop kicking FGs in the red zone, etc...

no mercy! :D

bri
7/12/2007, 10:07 AM
SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY!!!!