PDA

View Full Version : I hate blowmar, but...

Sooner_Havok
7/11/2007, 07:05 PM
At least he has shown some remorse and regret for what he did. They showed a phone conversation with Quinn on KFOR after the punishment came down, and he said he didn't care what happened to OU. Real class act that one is :rolleyes: Oh well could be worse right?

Collier11
7/11/2007, 07:24 PM
Bomar is making and attempt to straighten out his life so I have respect for him, Quinn not so much!

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 08:45 PM
Good luck to Bomar, he has been a stand-up guy about this whole deal...Quinn, no comment...

sanantoniosooner
7/11/2007, 08:50 PM
Good luck to Bomar, he has been a stand-up guy about this whole deal...Quinn, no comment...
I appreciate Bomar's contriteness as much as anybody, but he didn't become a "stand up guy" about it until he got kicked in the nads.

Good luck to him, but he still gets the award as biggest idiot at OU in this century.

Cam
7/11/2007, 08:55 PM
I appreciate Bomar's contriteness as much as anybody, but he didn't become a "stand up guy" about it until he got kicked in the nads.

Good luck to him, but he still gets the award as biggest idiot at OU in this century.
Yeah, it's a lot tougher to not take the money than it is to admit to it after you've been busted.

Quinn's just been a complete *** about it.

Scott D
7/11/2007, 09:01 PM
At least he has shown some remorse and regret for what he did. They showed a phone conversation with Quinn on KFOR after the punishment came down, and he said he didn't care what happened to OU. Real class act that one is :rolleyes: Oh well could be worse right?

odds are Quinn wasn't sober for that interview either.

SoonerInFla
7/11/2007, 09:02 PM
Got this from the other board. Seems to me Quinn may be fed up with the press. I'd imagine that's been a lot for a young man to handle. Not saying he couldn't of handled the press better.

BB: "I was calling to see if you'd heard about the sanctions handed down against OU today and if you had any comment on it."

Quinn: "No."

BB: "You don't want to talk about it?"

Quinn: "No."

BB: "Nothing at all?"

Quinn: "No. Get a real job."

BB: "Do you have any reaction?"

Quinn: "No! I could care less. I don't even know what they were."

(BB describes the sanctions)

Quinn: "I don't care."

BB: "Nothing you want to say on your behalf?"

Quinn: "No, you guys will just twist it however you want."

Cam
7/11/2007, 09:05 PM
Got this from the other board. Seems to me Quinn may be fed up with the press.
Taking accountability for your actions is a bitch.

In Quinn's defense, it wouldn't be the first time a media professional heard/printed/repeated what they wanted to and not what was actually said.

Collier11
7/11/2007, 09:10 PM
but he didn't become a "stand up guy" about it until he got kicked in the nads.

Isnt that how most of us become better people, by screwing up big time? Its unfortunate but he wasted his golden ticket for $17k. That said, he has been completely contrite everytime I have heard him since, and he even volunteered his time to the elite 11 camp to talk to the other hot shot qbs about accepting responsibility and not wasting a great oppurtunity by being greedy. When it all comes down to it, even though I live and die with OU football, it is still just a sport and this kid has to live with this the rest of his life and he is making the most of it by all accounts so good luck to him!

shsu_bearkat
7/11/2007, 09:52 PM
even volunteered his time to the elite 11 camp to talk to the other hot shot qbs about accepting responsibility and not wasting a great oppurtunity by being greedy

he's also volunteered at the local high school in Huntsville to work with the high school players.

sanantoniosooner
7/11/2007, 10:00 PM
Isnt that how most of us become better people, by screwing up big time? Its unfortunate but he wasted his golden ticket for $17k. That said, he has been completely contrite everytime I have heard him since, and he even volunteered his time to the elite 11 camp to talk to the other hot shot qbs about accepting responsibility and not wasting a great oppurtunity by being greedy. When it all comes down to it, even though I live and die with OU football, it is still just a sport and this kid has to live with this the rest of his life and he is making the most of it by all accounts so good luck to him!
If "most of us" are idiots.........then yes.

His "screw ups" kept escalating until even the people that kissed his butt had had open their eyes up to reality.

Smart people learn from other peoples mistakes. Bomar FINALLY got a big enough dose of reality to realize his fecal matter had stench.

Jimminy Crimson
7/11/2007, 10:17 PM
Quinn: "No. Get a real job."

Priceless!

Especially coming from someone who got paid for not working... :rolleyes:

the_ouskull
7/11/2007, 10:25 PM
Which is precisely what I would have said to him in that reporter's situation.

the_ouskull

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 10:30 PM
IRONY: Quinn quote to reporter: "Get a real job"...bawhahahahahaha!!!!

goingoneight
7/11/2007, 11:56 PM
If "most of us" are idiots.........then yes.

His "screw ups" kept escalating until even the people that kissed his butt had had open their eyes up to reality.

Smart people learn from other peoples mistakes. Bomar FINALLY got a big enough dose of reality to realize his fecal matter had stench.

if people stopped covering his *** to begin with, he'd have probably learned his lesson much earlier. He's a typical hot-shot QB who found out the hard way. A lot of people don't realize that we're Oklahoma and we get ****ed for letting stuff go. OSU can let a head coach kill someone while he's drunk and pilled out behind the wheel, and that HC is later called a hero. Texass can have up to ten or twelve drug busts or weapons charges, and still be viewed as a clean, class program. USC can feature a new player every week on MTV Cribs and never be questioned. It has to be run the way Stoops runs things at OU. Damned if you do, ****ed if you don't. Feel free to remind these various aggy types of their lesser moments when they bring up stupid stuff like phone calls to recruits.

You CANNOT ask more from a compliance staff or coach than what Stoops and Co. did. And you CANNOT ask for more than what PAUL THOMPSON did to help us get a little respect back.

<><
7/12/2007, 01:05 AM
^spek

I Bleed Crimson and Cream
7/12/2007, 09:14 AM
Sam Houston BEARKATs and Bomar will play the Cowboys in Stillwater on Sept 29, 6 pm.

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 09:18 AM
Sam Houston BEARKATs and Bomar will play the Cowboys in Stillwater on Sept 29, 6 pm.

That's a tough choice re for whom to root...Hmmmmm...nah, not really.

GOOOOOOOOOOO 'KATS!!!!!!

LF

The_Red_Patriot
7/12/2007, 10:07 AM
Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzNb2pD7Wcs

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2007, 10:11 AM
What a class act. How's he so ****ed at the university? He's the idiot that took money he wasn't supposed to

SOONERKAT
7/12/2007, 10:33 AM
Eat 'Em up Kats!

Strange irony that both Alma's have had a touch of the Bomar. That said, the SHSU coach has had nothing but positive things to say about the kid and states that he has been nothing short of humble about his opportunity there. I plan to make a trip up to Hunts-vegas to watch them play, and although there is animosity, I wish him continued success there. He will be a force at the D-1AA level for sure and is already being hyped by Lindy's as the Southland Newcomer of the year. I gotta agree with Collier on this one. Sometimes it takes being an idiot and screwing things up to learn how be a better person.

Oh yeah, and Quinn is a doosh!:mad:

stoopified
7/12/2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, it's a lot tougher to not take the money than it is to admit to it after you've been busted.

Quinn's just been a complete *** about it.
Exactly

snp
7/12/2007, 02:57 PM
This is where I get to rehash my story of JD Quinn hittin me. A starting offensive lineman resorted to sucker punching his ride home from the bar. Real class act, that guy.

It's actually kinda cool that when I'm watching TV I can say that person whose name just scrolled across the TV hit me!

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 05:29 PM
I think some of us are forgetting that Bomar was being called out as being an idiot well prior to the job fiasco.

He hasn't done ONE stupid thing at OU. He's guilty of a series of stupid mistakes that continued to escalate until he screwed himself and the university.

Best of luck to him, but I'll save any admiration for after he cures cancer.

Collier11
7/12/2007, 06:34 PM
I never said I admire him I dont think, but I do appreciate the fact that he atleast seems like he is trying to turn things around

Piware
7/12/2007, 07:11 PM
Has anyone heard whether or not the NCAA has made a decision on eligibility for these two? Last report I remember is that their eligibility to play college football was still pending. Any updates?

I still say if you are going to punish the program, these two have to be punished personally with like measures.

OUTromBoNado
7/12/2007, 08:32 PM
From what I understand, they were both required to sit out last season, and they will both be eligible this season...Bomar at Sam Houston State...Quinn at Montana.

Cam
7/12/2007, 08:35 PM
From what I understand, they were both required to sit out last season, and they will both be eligible this season...Bomar at Sam Houston State...Quinn at Montana.
Yep. The school's punishment is longer than those that willingly committed the violation. Go figure.

Cam
7/12/2007, 08:36 PM
I have no doubt that Bomar will get a standing ovation from the pukes.

Scott D
7/12/2007, 08:47 PM
Both had to sit out last year (and despite the comments of the Ag in another thread) and lose a year of eligibility.

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 08:52 PM
Both had to sit out last year (and despite the comments of the Ag in another thread) and lose a year of eligibility.
and had to pay back the money to a charity

101sooner
7/12/2007, 08:54 PM

They also had to pay back the money to charitable organizations.

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 08:59 PM
They also had to pay back the money to charitable organizations.
I was hoping somebody would mention that.

Scott D
7/12/2007, 09:06 PM
so there's this rumor that they had to pay the money to charitable organizations also ;)

eh, I'm just tired of posting the facts mainly...mundane details over and over and over.

Cam
7/12/2007, 09:11 PM
so there's this rumor that they had to pay the money to charitable organizations also ;)

eh, I'm just tired of posting the facts mainly...mundane details over and over and over.
What, you think facts matter? Didn't you know that AD got a free car for at least 6 months and there were over 10 players getting payed for time they didn't work? Seriously, it's on the internet and stuff, so it's gotta be true.

101sooner
7/12/2007, 09:22 PM
I was hoping somebody would mention that.

I was only a minute behind. Charitable is hard to spell.....