PDA

View Full Version : best diesel truck

OUHOMER
7/11/2007, 06:33 PM
I would start a poll, but I dont know how.

so all you hard working construction workers and farmers. who has the best diesel truck on the market.
Chevy
Dodge
Ford

:pop:

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 06:36 PM
What if we're a flaccid construction worker?

sanantoniosooner
7/11/2007, 06:40 PM
flaccid opinions are usually handled by Rus.

OUHOMER
7/11/2007, 06:42 PM
What if we're a flaccid construction worker?
fixed :D

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 06:43 PM
I would start a poll, but I dont know how.

so all you hard working construction workers and farmers. who has the best diesel truck on the market.
Chevy
Dodge
Ford

:pop:
Im a chevy person , But the Ford 7.3 power stroke is a damn good engine

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 06:45 PM
I've been told the Chevy is the best one for towing right now, but has the worst suspension of the three.

OUHOMER
7/11/2007, 06:48 PM
I been seeing a lot of good reviews on the Cummings engine, unfortunately it is surrounded by a dodge. Suppose to get the best mileage, But I am a chevy guy too.

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 06:50 PM
I thought I heard that Ford was going to start using Cummins diesels in their trucks and Dodge was going with Caterpillar or something. That was a year or so ago so I may be wrong.

achiro
7/11/2007, 07:09 PM
Go to a rodeo, field trial, or any other place where diesel pick-ups gather and the majority will be Fords. Those folks use their trucks day in and day out and have been through more than one, a few may try another brand but they usually will go back to the Ford.

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 07:15 PM
I personally have owned a couple Ford diesels. I own an 05 F-350 with the 6 liter. I like it alot. But I'd also own a Chevy with the duramax + allison too. The Dodge cummins is a good motor, but their automatics are weak. I'll keep my Ford. It hauls heavy-assed loads through all kinds of crap and never misses a beat. It's a workhorse not a show truck.

SleestakSooner
7/11/2007, 07:16 PM
I like the newer Dodge w/ Cummings and know a few fellows that are driving 2005-2006 models. They are nice and sturdy trucks. Don't know how the sticker prices compare but I am willing to bet you can get the Ram for a better price than the Ford and Chevy equivilants.

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 08:21 PM
News Flash Ford Owns somewhere around a 60 % stake in Cummings .
But they use the 7.3 power stroke made By international.:D

Mongo
7/11/2007, 09:06 PM
I have a Chevy. Few engine upgrades done to it, but very good truck

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/12/2007, 12:47 AM
My dad went through two Chevys in three years right after they started putting the Duramax in because of engine problems. He now owns two Rams with the Cummins and absolutely loves them. I don't know much about the Ford, but there are a sh*t ton of em out on the road, so I can't imagine they'd be too bad.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 07:53 AM
I have a Chevy. Few engine upgrades done to it, but very good truck

Oh, yeah? Who did them?

Mongo
7/12/2007, 07:56 AM
Oh, yeah? Who did them?

why, you wanna make your diesel VW Jetta faster?

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 07:58 AM
why, you wanna make your diesel VW Jetta faster?

No, it just needs a lift.

Mongo
7/12/2007, 07:59 AM
No, it just needs a lift.

I dont know who to contact about that

SoonerBK
7/12/2007, 08:03 AM
I think if you could mate up the cummins engine with the allison tranny in a Ford you might have a truck that would never wear out.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 08:04 AM
I dont know who to contact about that

I think most anybody would be glad to do it.

Mongo
7/12/2007, 08:05 AM
cummins...tranny...wear out.

sir, this is a family board:D

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 08:06 AM
I think if you could mate up the cummins engine with the allison tranny in a Ford you might have a truck that would never wear out.

You don't have to like country music to enjoy a good Allison Tranny tune or fiddle solo.

Boarder
7/12/2007, 11:42 AM
All three of the diesels on the market are good engines. They're all really powerful and last a long time. Go with what truck you like.

All three now have a lot more emissions stuff and particle filters so they aren't as loud and don't smoke or smell the same. Unless you want to start a farr, you may want to avoid the new Ford for the time being:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd7m4mm9ZNM

(although I think they have it fixed, now)

I have an '07 Chevy and love it.

Taxman71
7/12/2007, 11:55 AM
For the record, Dodge truck drivers are the worst about acting tough while driving their trucks. OTOH, you can get one of those "I'd Rather Be Cummin Than Strokin" window stickers.

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2007, 11:56 AM
02 Dodge 4wd 6spd=22mpg....what's those Ferd's and Duramins gett'n?:D

Taxman71
7/12/2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd7m4mm9ZNM

(although I think they have it fixed, now)

That thing would kick arse at Thunder Road with crater face driving it.

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2007, 12:24 PM
For the record, Ford truck drivers are the worst about acting tough while driving their trucks. OTOH, you can get one of those "I'd Rather be ping'n like a gas engine on bad gas, get'n ****ty mpg & hop'n that Ford owned part of cummins" window stickers.:P

IL6B baby!!!:D

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 12:31 PM
My Ford diesel doesn't burn fuel.....it's so good it makes it. And I always laugh when I hear boys brag about their fuel mileage. "Hell Clem, I get 22 mpg with my cummins." I always say "yeah, I could get 22 mpg with my Ford too if all I did was drive around to the gay bars like you." When you pull/work the loads I do, you ain't gonna get 22 mpg. In most cases, you'll be lucky to get half that.

And you'd better have the 6 speed in that POS Dodge - otherwise it ain't worth having.

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2007, 12:37 PM
I get 10 mpg hauling my fifth wheel around with my Duramax.

Boarder
7/12/2007, 12:42 PM
Go to a rodeo, field trial, or any other place where diesel pick-ups gather and the majority will be Fords. Those folks use their trucks day in and day out and have been through more than one, a few may try another brand but they usually will go back to the Ford.
Yeah, and most of them are standing around in long sleeve brushpopper shirts in the 100 degree heat so they can't be too smart, can they? :D

Dang, Dean beat me to it. My Duramax makes its own gas!

Dodge definitely wins in the goober window sticker category.
If you cain't Dodge it, Ram it!

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2007, 12:58 PM
My Ford diesel doesn't burn fuel.....it's so good it makes it.

And I always laugh when I hear boys brag about their fuel mileage.:confused::confused:

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2007, 12:59 PM
Dang, Dean beat me to it. My Duramax makes its own gas!

If your duramax is making gas, your in trouble:D

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2007, 02:18 PM
mine runs on diesel, gasoline, old banana peels, water or soy sauce.

Jimminy Crimson
7/12/2007, 02:40 PM
I get 10 mpg hauling my fifth wheel around with my Duramax.

I get a couple more mpg just driving normal... :O

StoopTroup
7/12/2007, 02:44 PM
I love those Dodge Truck Commercials.

"If your doin' it at a truckstop....it's better in a Dodge!"

rufnek05
7/12/2007, 03:41 PM

yep. my gramps has a '04 350 super duty, even with all this rain, it never got stuck.

Taxman71
7/12/2007, 04:04 PM
For the record, Ford truck drivers are the worst about acting tough while driving their trucks. OTOH, you can get one of those "I'd Rather be ping'n like a gas engine on bad gas, get'n ****ty mpg & hop'n that Ford owned part of cummins" window stickers.:P

IL6B baby!!!:D

I take it you drive a Dodge deisal......and don't take crap from nobody....Ain't Skeered!