PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bird Johnson died today

royalfan5
7/11/2007, 05:42 PM
Everyone should go tear down a billboard in her memory.

The Maestro
7/11/2007, 05:43 PM
Just think...she died just a day after the N-word.

Think there will ever be anyone named "Lady Bird" again? I doubt it. Sounds like the guy at the House of Taipei talking about a certain basketball Jesus from French Lick, Indiana.

Tailwind
7/11/2007, 05:47 PM
RIP, LadyBird

Tailwind
7/11/2007, 05:48 PM
RIP LadyBird.

yermom
7/11/2007, 05:50 PM
i didn't know she was still alive...

SoonerStormchaser
7/11/2007, 05:54 PM
RIP...you were classy Lady Bird...your husband was an *******!

SoonerStormchaser
7/11/2007, 05:55 PM
thread merge please

The Maestro
7/11/2007, 06:06 PM

Add her to my favorite game show not televised yet...

Dead/Not Dead

MamaMia
7/11/2007, 07:15 PM
I liked Lady Bird. It was nice that she beautified things up some. Her husband was a rude obnoxious man. I'm glad he was nice to her though. :P

GrapevineSooner
7/11/2007, 07:25 PM
Make things right, Dallas.

Rename LBJ Freeway in Lady Bird Johnson's honor!

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 08:07 PM
Make things right, Dallas.

Rename LBJ Freeway in Lady Bird Johnson's honor!

They wouldn't even have to change the signs. ;)

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 11:17 PM
She aint ! try to pay attention .

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 11:37 PM
Lady Bird was an institution, RIP....

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2007, 11:49 PM
RIP...you were classy Lady Bird...your husband was an *******!

She and her husband were shady as hell. They both had a hand in the death of JFK.

LoyalFan
7/12/2007, 03:33 AM
I hated her spouse and pretty much tarred her with the same brush (Guilt by association syndrome, I admit,) until...
Circa the late 70's she was the Commencement Speaker for a local university here in SA. I was sitting First Desk in the Trumpet section of a community band that played for the event.
The powers-that-were had asked that Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" AKA "Prince Of Denmark's March" be played as the grads and folks entered the 'torium. Well, that meant that I had to play the blooming ditty repeatedly until all were seated. This took lotsa chops, wind, etc, but, by the Grace of God and sheer terror I nailed it, trills and all.
When Lady B. came to the podium she looked over at the ensemble and asked that "the trumpeter please stand." I did so and she complimented me most kindly and led the assemblage in a round of applause.
After the dealio was over she came and offered her little paw and made some small talk about the tune...."One of my favorites." sayeth the former First Lady. Then she enthused over "that beautiful horn." (Bach Strad C Trumpet, silver plate. HIGHLY polished for the occasion.)
From that time hence, I've had a warm spot for her. Well, all trumpeters are praise whores, y'know?

RIP, Mrs. J. RIP.

LF
Da tune, not me playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKiOJGiQSw

47straight
7/12/2007, 08:37 AM
Cool story, Loyalfan