PDA

View Full Version : 8 National Championships and counting!

47straight
7/11/2007, 02:51 PM
I'm going to go ahead and count 04. I don't care if it's petty or ghey. **** the NCAA, **** USC, **** Ohio State and anyone else who gets to skate the rules because of their market share.

boomersooner28
7/11/2007, 02:53 PM
NO ****ING ****!!! Take away 05 you bastages, but we are counting 04 as OUR 8TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP because USC must forfeit that season.

**** THE ****ING ****ERS!

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 02:58 PM
We need some kind of "shaking head no" smiley. If our records were vacated for '05, then USC's records are vacated and there's no national champion for that year, unless you count Auburn's little "People's Champion" award.

47straight
7/11/2007, 03:05 PM
Auburn played the Citadel for homecoming. Screw em

Petro-Sooner
7/11/2007, 03:08 PM
Doesnt count. The teams we beat in 05 can not now claim a win even though we have to forfiet them. Same thing for the 04 orange bowl. They may take away there championship but we can not claim it as a win.

CatfishSooner
7/11/2007, 03:11 PM
8 baby!!!!!!! I'll take it...

BoonesFarmSooner
7/11/2007, 03:46 PM
The Crystal Football from that game has to go to someone...

USC didn't show up, we take it home!

Not that it makes it right, but FU NCAA!

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 03:52 PM
The NCAA doesn't officially award a national champion in football, so us taking a trophy that we don't deserve from that year wouldn't exactly be giving them the finger.

Collier11
7/11/2007, 03:53 PM
Very insightful article from CFN.COM

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=2&c=657964

HTown77095
7/11/2007, 03:56 PM
Even though we probably won't get the crystal we can still claim the NC since we were the highest ranked undefeated team that year. Schools like 'Bama and USC are never bashful about claiming their 'titles'.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 04:03 PM
Posters on o-state.com are trying to claim the 1945 National Title since they went undefeated. So, we'd look like them if we tried to claim the 2004 title, when in reality it should go to no one if anything actually happens to USC.

bri
7/11/2007, 04:08 PM
Wait, WHAT?

Okay, I'm sorry, but ANYONE who thinks we should claim a championship for a year where we lost the title game 55 to 19is not only a stark-raving moron, but also forfeits the right to ever make fun of Alabama, USC, Michigan, etc.

Un-be-f*ckin-lievable.

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:17 PM
Posters on o-state.com are trying to claim the 1945 National Title since they went undefeated. So, we'd look like them if we tried to claim the 2004 title, when in reality it should go to no one if anything actually happens to USC.

I live in Whornville. I see and hear bull**** everyday I wake up and get in my car. Dishing out counter-smack is what I do everyday just to get through the day, man. I'm offering 8 national championships as a little counter-smack just to shut up the freaking vultures, nothing more. The crystal ball from 04 would be a nice chip and dip tray but nothing more meaningful. But in the meantime out here in a bigger world where the Whorns and the Tigers and the Condoms and Sports Illustrated and the Dallas Morning Fiction are up in your grill constantly, throw 8 back in their face. If all you have to deal with are Aggie Lite posters on their own board, you don't need this thread or any counter-smack so just ease on out.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 04:21 PM
I live in Whornville. I see and hear bull**** everyday I wake up and get in my car. Dishing out counter-smack is what I do everyday just to get through the day, man. I'm offering 8 national championships as a little counter-smack just to shut up the freaking vultures, nothing more. The crystal ball from 04 would be a nice chip and dip tray but nothing more meaningful. But in the meantime out here in a bigger world where the Whorns and the Tigers and the Condoms and Sports Illustrated and the Dallas Morning Fiction are up in your grill constantly, throw 8 back in their face. If all you have to deal with are Aggie Lite posters on their own board, you don't need this thread or any counter-smack so just ease on out.

Throw 7 legit titles in their face and 1 non-title, and they'll laugh in your face. If you want to do that, go ahead, but I do not want to see the University try to claim the 2004 title. That would be an embarrassment. If you want to be embarrassed then by all means claim that non-title.

bri
7/11/2007, 04:21 PM

WHAT PART OF 55-19 DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!

We deserve the '04 championship about as much as Eddie Sutton deserves the Man Of The Year award from MADD.

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:22 PM
Wait, WHAT?

Okay, I'm sorry, but ANYONE who thinks we should claim a championship for a year where we lost the title game 55 to 19is not only a stark-raving moron, but also forfeits the right to ever make fun of Alabama, USC, Michigan, etc.

Un-be-f*ckin-lievable.

Yes, clearly the people to bitch about today are sooner fans venting.

bri
7/11/2007, 04:24 PM
I fail to see how suggesting the DUMBEST F*CKING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD qualifies as "venting".

The Maestro
7/11/2007, 04:24 PM
Dood...your signature has been hanging out with Barry Bonds...shrinkage?

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:28 PM
WHAT PART OF 55-19 DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!

We deserve the '04 championship about as much as Eddie Sutton deserves the Man Of The Year award from MADD.

What part of "The crystal ball from 04 would be a nice chip and dip tray but nothing more meaningful." do you not understand? I don't want the championship, I want justice and I want a lot of other college football folks to shut their pieholes.

But hey, feel free to ignore what I actually type and scream instead.

Collier11
7/11/2007, 04:35 PM
I fail to see how suggesting the DUMBEST F*CKING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD qualifies as "venting".

I get the feeling that you are taking your frustration out on your fellow Ou fans and that is not cool! Yes it is a dumb idea but chill out...how bout it!

BASSooner
7/11/2007, 05:14 PM
IF the NCAA busts USC and takes away the 04 season, the NCAA can take the 04 title for being the biggest morons mankind has seen.

But for God's sake IF they do bust the condoms, TAKE AWAY LEINHART'S AND BUSH'S HEISMAN TROPHIES!!!!

DeBarr
7/11/2007, 05:21 PM
This thread has to be the biggest pouting 5 year old thing I have ever read. pathetic.

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 05:28 PM
This thread has to be the biggest pouting 5 year old thing I have ever read. pathetic.

You're still new here, this is nothing. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/kerry.gif

bri
7/11/2007, 05:30 PM
I get the feeling that you are taking your frustration out on your fellow Ou fans and that is not cool! Yes it is a dumb idea but chill out...how bout it!

I don't have any frustration. I knew the NCAA would hit us as hard as they could because historically, they always do. Google "Oklahoma NCAA anti-trust lawsuit" sometime, it'll make a lot of things make sense.

Basically, I'm taking my frustation about my "fellow OU fans" making all of us look like morons on, um, the people who make us look like morons. Trying to "claim" the '04 MNC because the NCAA took away our '05 wins is like an onion of stupid, each layer more pungently idiotic than the last.

soonerhubs
7/11/2007, 05:33 PM
Link to that Court Case if it helps. :) (http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=379608)

Collier11
7/11/2007, 05:33 PM
I don't have any frustration. I knew the NCAA would hit us as hard as they could because historically, they always do. Google "Oklahoma NCAA anti-trust lawsuit" sometime, it'll make a lot of things make sense.

I know about the anti-trust issue and while I didnt expect it to be this bad and I still think we may be let off the hook a tiny bit with the appeal, but I just didnt think you should be so harsh on your Fellow OU fans. True, some are staying stupid stuff but most if not all are in shock and are extremely frazzled right now!

HTown77095
7/11/2007, 05:57 PM
Yes, clearly the people to bitch about today are sooner fans venting.

Well, take a look at his myspace page and you can clearly see why he is ****ed off about life. OU dropout, looks like a douc he with ears, his favorite football team on probation, he clearly has nothing else to live for. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes and kills himself tonight. I'll be watching for him in the news tomorrow. LOL.

The Maestro
7/11/2007, 06:04 PM
I think I'll open a Schlitz and enjoy this one...could get interesting.

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2007, 06:19 PM
I think I'll open a Schlitz and enjoy this one...could get interesting.

Come on over, we can throw something on the grill while we wait. :texan:

fadada1
7/11/2007, 06:33 PM
first of all, i have no idea what "55-19" is and where it came from. however, and hypothetically speaking only, if "55-19" ever did happen, and one of it's players (55) was found to have accepted $100K+ for whatever reason... and the other team's (19) QB was found to have been retared and took $5K from a local dealership... and the team with 19 wanted to bitch a little because of recent sanctions... and we all know how guilty the team with 55 was/is (because we're smart and stuff).

I DON'T THINK COMPLAINING A LITTLE IS UNJUSTIFIED!!!

goingoneight
7/11/2007, 06:39 PM
The Crystal Football from that game has to go to someone...

USC didn't show up, we take it home!

Not that it makes it right, but FU NCAA!

No, no and no. You don't just win a MNC because that's what's "fair." That 2004 team showed a total lack of fire and motivation. You don't award someone a National Champion who lost 19-55. No matter how "good" the guilty opponent's RB, QB and WR were. Burn that ball or give it to Auburn.

OKC-SLC
7/11/2007, 07:10 PM
I actually had him at 3 to 2 for $150 in 2006.

bri
7/11/2007, 07:11 PM
Heh. :D