PDA

View Full Version : ** Official NCAA Kitten Drowning Thread **

NormanPride
7/11/2007, 01:52 PM
Fire away.

JohnnyMack
7/11/2007, 01:57 PM
I hate the NCAA and want to set a kitten on fire and shove it up Paul Dee's ***.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 02:09 PM
I'd rather drown Bomar and Quinn.

OKC-SLC
7/11/2007, 02:14 PM
I hate the NCAA and want to give the infractions committee some of USMC's wife's friend's used bean dip.

GrapevineSooner
7/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Hey NCAA!!!

Vacate this.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/F/_/bush_flipping_finger.jpg

NormanPride
7/11/2007, 02:18 PM
I'd like to vacate my bowels into their cartel-sponsored automobiles.

Egeo
7/11/2007, 02:26 PM
not suprising, but if usc gets nothing i will ****ed

bmjlr
7/11/2007, 02:43 PM
not suprising, but if usc gets nothing i will ****ed
Are they even investigating that anymore, or did they just quit?

Edmond Sooner
7/11/2007, 02:46 PM
NATIONAL COMMUNISTS AGAINST ATHLETES!!!!!11*

(*That's a joke, son.)

MextheBulldog
7/11/2007, 02:50 PM
NCAA = National Communists against athletes

Boz had it right...

Jewstin
7/11/2007, 02:50 PM
Seriously. If USC doesn't have to forfeit the seasons where Bush was taking all that money, I am going to go ape****. This better ****ing set the precedent.

illinisooner
7/11/2007, 03:00 PM
Mandel from SI said earlier it's gonna be tough to punish Bush and/or USC because he's not in the NCAA anymore so they really have no authority over Bush. So I won't be surprised when they tell USC "we know you did something wrong, but we can't do anything about it...we'll be watching you closely." This ruling sets a horrible precedent for schools to do the right thing, now if they find anything wrong they'll just pretend they never knew anything about whatever wrongdoing happened.

85Sooner
7/11/2007, 03:13 PM
Just left those Bastads a scathing phone message and plan on writing the Oklahoma Senators and congressmen to initiate an investigation of the NCAA and it practices.

soonersweetie
7/11/2007, 03:23 PM
I hope the ncaa and usc rot in hell.

And so much for us trying to be the good guy and self-report. If they want to know anything, then make them research it themselves. I wouldn't self-report anything.

Taxman71
7/11/2007, 03:26 PM
If the U.S. Senate/Congress has the free time to go on a steroid witchhunt of MLB, surely they can do the same after the NCAA does nothing to SUC and OhioSt. I would think David Boren, formerly one of the 3 most powerful senators in D.C., can get this process started........of course, Joe C. and the Big 12 Commish will not be heard from.

85Sooner
7/11/2007, 03:29 PM
Mandel from SI said earlier it's gonna be tough to punish Bush and/or USC because he's not in the NCAA anymore so they really have no authority over Bush. So I won't be surprised when they tell USC "we know you did something wrong, but we can't do anything about it...we'll be watching you closely." This ruling sets a horrible precedent for schools to do the right thing, now if they find anything wrong they'll just pretend they never knew anything about whatever wrongdoing happened.

Couldn't OU say the same thing? Quinn and Bomar are gone (the weasely a$$wipes)

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 03:29 PM
If you're going to get mad at the NCAA for something, get mad at the fact that they allowed Bomar and Quinn to continue their collegiate careers somewhere else. We didn't get anything less than we deserved, and we could have gotten a lot worse, especially if we hadn't self-reported.

illinisooner
7/11/2007, 04:01 PM
Couldn't OU say the same thing? Quinn and Bomar are gone (the weasely a$$wipes)

They still have eligibility left, so they have something to lose if they don't cooperate. Bush is making millions in the NFL. Let's say that you had someone else do your Spanish homework for a few weeks in high school, and the school just found out about it. If you were still in high school, they could suspend you or punish you in whatever way they wanted to. If you're no longer in high school, they can't do anything about it.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 04:16 PM
Haha, I got negged anonymously because I place more blame on the two players THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS than the NCAA for doing what they are supposed to do? Reputation points don't mean anything to me, so at least disagree with me in the thread, man. What a loser.

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:31 PM
If you're going to get mad at the NCAA for something, get mad at the fact that they allowed Bomar and Quinn to continue their collegiate careers somewhere else. We didn't get anything less than we deserved, and we could have gotten a lot worse, especially if we hadn't self-reported.

Why? They were punished. And they are dumb kids who don't deserve to have their entire lives ruined. They'll always have that black mark hanging over them. USC hasn't and probably won't be punished at all. Being mad at an institution for gross inequities is completely different.

MyT Oklahoma
7/11/2007, 04:32 PM
Dear NCAA Sanctions Committee:

Fu*k you. Stern email to follow.

Very truly yours,

MyT Oklahoma

P.S. Does anyone else really doubt that the NCAA will always punish OU whenever possible for having been one of the two successful plaintiffs (OU and Georgia) who won the right to their own TV rights in court back in the early 1980's?

Yeah that's right, I am one very pis*ed off attorney in Kansas right now.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 04:36 PM
Why? They were punished. And they are dumb kids who don't deserve to have their entire lives ruined. They'll always have that black mark hanging over them. USC hasn't and probably won't be punished at all. Being mad at an institution for gross inequities is completely different.

All they had to do was pay back the money they took, and sit out a year. They're still playing college football, while the games in which they played and won no longer count for the university, and the program has been docked scholarships for the next two years as part of probation. Banning them from playing college football wouldn't be ruining their lives. They can get a degree and work just like everyone else.

The bigger point I was trying to make is that Sooner fans are grabbing up the torches and pitchforks and heading for the NCAA when they could have done a lot worse to us. USC is an entirely different situation.

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:42 PM
The bigger point I was trying to make is that Sooner fans are grabbing up the torches and pitchforks and heading for the NCAA when they could have done a lot worse to us. USC is an entirely different situation.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment on all three things. The NCAA is the appropriate target, they are an institution made up of professionals and had months to figure this out. They couldn't have conceivably justified a harsher penalty with any similance of fairness. And USC is only different because their players graduated before they were caught.

I guess there will always be voices of "HANG'EM HIGH" and other voices of self-doubt or restraint.

r5TPsooner
7/11/2007, 04:42 PM
I'd like to interrogate Bomar & Quinn with the new and improved Asian interrogation technique.

silverwheels
7/11/2007, 04:44 PM
I respectfully disagree with your assessment on all three things. The NCAA is the appropriate target, they are an institution made up of professionals and had months to figure this out. They couldn't have conceivably justified a harsher penalty with any similance of fairness. And USC is only different because their players graduated before they were caught.

I guess there will always be voices of "HANG'EM HIGH" and other voices of self-doubt or restraint.

The only thing the NCAA did wrong was take that much time to dole out the punishment. We got what we should have, all things considered.

I hate the NCAA almost as much as anyone, but outside of the delay, they did what they were supposed to in this instance, at least with us.

47straight
7/11/2007, 04:45 PM
The only thing the NCAA did wrong was take that much time to dole out the punishment. We got what we should have, all things considered.

I hate the NCAA almost as much as anyone, but outside of the delay, they did what they were supposed to in this instance, at least with us.

Fair enough, I just want others to get what they should as well.

bluedogok
7/11/2007, 06:18 PM
And USC is only different because their players graduated before they were caught.
Most of them didn't graduated, they forfeited their remaining eligibility to go into the NFL draft. Technically different, but the same effect but I wouldn't grant them the honor of saying they graduated.

Doged
7/11/2007, 07:27 PM
Most of them didn't graduated, they forfeited their remaining eligibility to go into the NFL draft. Technically different, but the same effect but I wouldn't grant them the honor of saying they graduated.

They forfeited their remaining eligibility by taking money as Trojan players. One difference between USC and OU is that OU cooperated and USC hasn't. Time will tell which works out best for the respective programs.

I have no big problem with the NCAA's ruling, nor with Boren/Stoops' response to it. It sucks, but no one expected OU would get off scott free even after ridding the program of the kids that did the cheating.

SoonerMom2
7/11/2007, 11:17 PM
If the NCAA doesn't do something similar to USC on Bush, then it will show universities that the worst thing you can is self report and cooperate. Better to not report and not cooperate. If the NCAA is that dumb to not hand out an equal punishment to USC (don't care if Bush graduated, left school early, or what) then they would have told every school never self report because if you do you will be punished.

Those two numbskulls were kicked off the team at OU immediately when Stoops found out so I don't see where it makes any difference Bush is gone since they erased the wins in 2005 for OU, then the NCAA should erase the wins for USC for when Bush played. Who cares where Bush is now or those two idiots? I only wish we were playing Bomar's team this year. It is ridiculous that he and Quinn get to play this year while we lose two scholarships.

Soonerus
7/11/2007, 11:32 PM
The problem with self-reporting is you admit to a certain set of facts then set yourself up for the consequences as administered or, essentially take the "fifth amendment" approach and require them (NCAA) to prove the allegations...

def_lazer_fc
7/11/2007, 11:35 PM
doesn't everyone see?! this is just a sneaky attempt by the ncaa to get us hosed on another oregon game.

setem
7/11/2007, 11:40 PM
**SMASHES KITTEN WITH GINORMOUS HAMMER**

THE NCAA IS A BUNCH OF PINKO COMMIE QUEERS!

They fill their pockets while most college athletes live in poverty!

HYPOCRICY!!! HYPOCRICY!!! HYPOCRICY!!!

def_lazer_fc
7/11/2007, 11:46 PM
learn to spell

hypocrisy!! hypocrisy!! hypocrisy!!

just kidding. ;)

Taxman71
7/12/2007, 08:49 AM
Think this is bad, wait until Kevin Weiberg is running things in Indy for the NCAA boys. Yikes.

And, if anyone saw JD Quinn's phone call on Channel 4 last year (OKC), you would wonder how this guy even got into OU or Montana for that matter. Dumb as a box of rocks and cocky to boot. I would love to see Bob and J.D. in the octagon.