PDA

View Full Version : NCAA "sky is falling" predictions welcome here...

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2007, 11:24 AM
...up to and including "the death penalty." ;)

Let's have some fun with this:

I predict three more scholies lost (for a total of 5) and two year probation recognizing self-imposed time served (so about 14 mo. of probation remaining).

htownsooner7
7/11/2007, 11:28 AM
Joe C gets kicked in the nuts, once. And then it's over..

BillyBall
7/11/2007, 11:29 AM
They will ban Toby Keith, mark it down

BoomerGirl34
7/11/2007, 11:30 AM

That's some sort of reward....

stoopified
7/11/2007, 11:33 AM
:(

royalfan5
7/11/2007, 11:34 AM
The Coaching staff will have to dress as horsepigs during games for two years.

JohnnyMack
7/11/2007, 11:40 AM
I've heard they're going to call for a tactical nuclear strike aimed at levelling Memorial Stadium.

85sooners
7/11/2007, 11:45 AM
we will have to wear osu uniforms 1 time this year!!

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2007, 11:47 AM
we will have to wear osu uniforms 1 time this year!!

Now you just hold on right there, Mister! This thread is for realistic predictions.

You wanna mess around like that and you're just asking for a shoe whipping!

:D

XFollower
7/11/2007, 11:47 AM
Bob Stoops will have to attend Les Miles' motivational speaking seminar and learn how to wear his hat like a moron.

Bama Possum
7/11/2007, 11:48 AM
I've heard they're going to call for a tactical nuclear strike aimed at levelling Memorial Stadium.

Sorry, that is called the Crimson strike protocol and it is reserved only for future situations at Bryant-Denny stadium in Tuscaloosa.

You're talking about the Boomer strike protocol, which is actually a biological weapon which utilizes the putrid methane produced by cattle from Stillwater. NASTY.

SoonerBOI
7/11/2007, 11:57 AM
The scary part is, the NCAA is so unpredictable. I feel a bad omen on this one. Help us LORD!

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 12:00 PM
the coaches are forced to use loner cars from Big Red Sports and Imports

GrapevineSooner
7/11/2007, 12:04 PM
We have to play our home games the next two years in Stillwater.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2007, 12:05 PM
The scary part is, the NCAA is so unpredictable. I feel a bad omen on this one. Help us LORD!

The only thing related to this I would note is that it took a couple months longer than expected for the NCAA to call us to their kangaroo court, and in doing so just beforehand also threw out the additional "failure to adequately monitor" charge.

And originally it was expected that we were supposed to get the results from that hearing 6 - 8 weeks following, but now we're 12 weeks down the road.

Admittedly it is paranoia, but it sure does seem that with every delay the only result is more bad news.

I'm left to speculate that the news will be bad, but that we have to mitigate the disappointment with "degrees of bad".

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2007, 12:12 PM
I don't know if the NCAA really hates us, but ESPN sure does:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

OUDoc
7/11/2007, 12:31 PM
It's 70/30 they will ban us from "Crimson and Cream" and our official school colors will now be "Aquamarine and Puce".

caphorns
7/11/2007, 12:40 PM
All instant replays will be decided against OU for another 2 years. ;)

Ground_Attack
7/11/2007, 12:51 PM
All instant replays will be decided against OU for another 2 years. ;)

we should get off on time served on that one

colleyvillesooner
7/11/2007, 01:08 PM
I don't know if the NCAA really hates us, but ESPN sure does:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

The nerve!! Their Blue Ribbon analysis says at worst case we'll challenge for the Big 12 Championship, and if the QB is good, the MNC. Bastards :mad:

Sooner-N-KS
7/11/2007, 01:12 PM
It's 70/30 they will ban us from "Crimson and Cream" and our official school colors will now be "Aquamarine and Puce".

Orange :eek: Hook 'em

sendbaht
7/11/2007, 01:14 PM
Big Red Sport Cars has to change their name to Little Blue Sport Cars...

MiccoMacey
7/11/2007, 01:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://newsok.com/article/30101.475

By George Schroeder
The Oklahoman
NORMAN -- The verdict is in.
The NCAA's Committee on Infractions has decided to re-instate John Blake as the Head Coach of the University of Oklahoma starting immediately, stemming from an investigation into the Oklahoma football program.

Sources inside the program are not as upset about that move as they are about the NCAA naming Howard *************** as the official team strength and conditioning coach.

When reached for comment aboard Jerry Jones' privatre jet 12,000 feet above the new Dallas Cowboy stadium, Bob Stoops openly decried the outcome as a farce. "Certainly, we expected some sort of punishment, but we will continue to deal with this in a great way".

Not surprisingly, the new offensive and defensive coordinators have already been tabbed by Blake. Bill Callahan, the former Nebraska head coach and guru of the "Mid-Plains offense", has agreed in principal to a four year deal that is "well in excess of what most of those hillbilly's make".

The new defensive coordinator, Norm Chow, seemed a bit surprising as a choice until Blake explained it this way: "As an offensive guy, he knows what stopped his offenses best. So he's really going to be an extra offensive coordinator, but we'll utilize him on defense so he can tell what defenses he'd be scared of in certain situations, and call those plays accordingly".

Blake has refused to name any other assistant coaches, saying "We didn't need any assistant coaches when were here last time. I'm not messing with tradition. You gotta dance with the one that brung ya".

HTown77095
7/11/2007, 01:18 PM
Bomar will be forced to wear womens lingerie during sam houston st games. :eek:

Seamus
7/11/2007, 01:30 PM
We have to play our home games the next two years in Stillwater.

So in other words, the death penalty? :eek:

HTown77095
7/11/2007, 01:33 PM
So in other words, the death penalty? :eek:

No, thats called cruel and unusual punishment ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2007, 02:30 PM
The nerve!! Their Blue Ribbon analysis says at worst case we'll challenge for the Big 12 Championship, and if the QB is good, the MNC. Bastards :mad:

That's Blue Ribbon, not ESPN. I was highlighting rather the fact that on their college football front page their Blue Ribbon feature this morning was Boise-f******-State, and that the top headline with the OU's logo next to it was the "NCAA to come down with decision" headline.

(Note that they now have changed their Blue Ribbon preview to aTm.)