PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I'm stressed out now

C&CDean
7/10/2007, 09:04 PM
So, here's how the past week or so has gone down in Deanville:

I take last week off work to prepare for my oldest son's wedding. I smoke 6 briskets, 9 racks of ribs, 6 packages of Slovacek's, and a couple of fatties (thanks Boarder) for the rehearsal dinner. Did I mention the boy decides to marry his bride at Greenleaf State Park? Anyhow, we smoke all the food, and carry it to the lake. We're up there all weekend, he gets hitched on 07-07-07, and it was a very nice deal. Right at sunset by the lake. We partied all night Friday and Saturday nights. Did I mention my ex-wife, her mother, and her best friend were there? Anyhow, they were.

Monday, I fly to Baltimore. Monday night momma calls and says "we just got hammered by a storm. The lights are out, there's trees down everywhere, I swear I think it was a tornado." I go "did you check the cows?" She goes "no, it's too late, I'll check them tomorrow after work."

So, I get a call about an hour ago. Momma says "the cows are gone. All of them. The gate to the neighbor's place in the back is down, and I can't find them anywhere." I'm like "get on the 4-wheeler with a bag of feed and start calling." She says "well, I have to take the kid to practice first." I go "there's over $50 grand worth of beef out and about, the kid's ****ing practice can wait." So, she sent the kid in one of the old trucks to practice on his own. He's 14. He can drive fine, but being 1600 miles away knowing he's on the road, the cows are nowhere to be seen, I've got weeks worth of limbs and trees to clean up when I get home.......I'm ****ed.

And a minute ago she calls to tell me several of my very biggest/best pecan trees are completely uprooted, she still can't find the cows, and there's trees down all across the fence.

I didn't see **** about a tornado east of Lexington, but I've gotten 3 calls today from neighbors who swear there was one. And I can't do **** except sit here and type on this damn computer. Yup, I'm stressed.

critical_phil
7/10/2007, 09:07 PM
I've got weeks worth of limbs and trees to clean up when I get home.......

the next installment of this story could be good.......

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:09 PM
Just rub some dirt On it
Dayum Dean anything we can do ?

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:10 PM
the next installment of this story could be good.......
As a nurse do you make house calls ?

royalfan5
7/10/2007, 09:10 PM
Are there cattle-savvy neighbors about that are likely to see them, and stick them in a lot for you?

C&CDean
7/10/2007, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. 5 1/2 inches of rain/hail last night too. I don't have one blade of hay put up yet this year. It's damn near August, I've got grass up to my ****ing eyeballs, but I can't go out in the pasture and cut hay cause my tractors would sink to the axles.

And this time last year when I was talking to Jesus I said "please Lord, bring us rain. I promise I'll never complain about too much rain again." So, I ain't complaining, I'm just asking for a little bit less. Please. Amen.

C&CDean
7/10/2007, 09:14 PM
Are there cattle-savvy neighbors about that are likely to see them, and stick them in a lot for you?

Oh yeah, there's tons. Problem is, their fences are all down too. And I've got at least one neighbor who'd load them up and haul them to the sale in a heartbeat. I do not see any sleep in my future...

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:17 PM
What part of Can we help did you Miss
Ive gotta a buddy and we can head that way
Just let me know .

critical_phil
7/10/2007, 09:17 PM
As a nurse do you make house calls ?

i only make house calls.

and for dean, i'll make sure OUDoc orders a urinalysis via straight cath and a digital rectal exam.

JohnnyMack
7/10/2007, 09:21 PM
You should go to Max's and get ****faced.

royalfan5
Oh yeah, there's tons. Problem, is their fences are all down too. And I've got at least one neighbor who'd load them up and haul them to the sale in a heartbeat. I do not see any sleep in my future...
Look at the brightside, everybody should be going like hell to get **** fixed, and it sounds like as long your herd avoids the one dude, somebody will stop them and hold them. I'm guessing you are missing something between 20 and 40 pairs, they will stick together and be easy to find. The sale barns should be on notice after something like that, and depending on the laws of Oklahoma you might get to shoot a rustler when you get back.

SoonerStormchaser
Look out ladies and gents...:dean:'s whipping out his chainsaws again!

Sorry to hear about all the crap Dean...If I wasn't down here, I'd help you wrangle dem sumbitches right back in the gate.

C&CDean
7/10/2007, 09:24 PM
That sucks but good news about the oldest.

Yeah, she's a sweeheart and I like her family too. Too bad he's honeymooning and not around to help find the cows.

Momma just called and she managed to find 13 of them and get them back. The rest are still out there somewhere. She's skeeter bit, frustrated, and done for the night. Damn, I wish I was home.

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:25 PM
Dean Im serious ! Hell we can sleep in your Barn . and I can prolly get 2 or so teenagers to come help also .

C&CDean
7/10/2007, 09:28 PM
What part of Can we help did you Miss
Ive gotta a buddy and we can head that way
Just let me know .

Thanks for the offer my brother. One of the boys gets off work at 11 tonight, and she's gonna send him back out. All the momma cows she's managed to pen have their calves with them, so no baby will go the night without chow. She's gonna take tomorrow morning off work and try to finish rounding them up. I'm hoping they all come back up to the gate - cause like Royal said, they're social as hell and usually do stick together. I'm going to bed dammit.

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:31 PM
You more than welcome
I was thinkin gettin some fence mendin in also .

OU Adonis
7/10/2007, 09:33 PM
Hopefully you will find them all. Good luck.

OU Adonis
7/10/2007, 09:34 PM
I was thinkin gettin some fence mendin in also .

Did you and Dean just break up or somethin'?

olevetonahill
7/10/2007, 09:36 PM
Did you and Dean just break up or somethin'?
:P

Soonerus
7/10/2007, 10:19 PM
Dean, Congrats on your son's marriage...we had a heck of a storm last night, parts of Norman flooded that have not flooded in over thirty years...close to six inches of rain overnight, very, very strong winds early...

mdklatt
7/10/2007, 10:33 PM
We got so much rain last night that Lake Thunderbird went up a whole damn 12 inches overnight. A good south wind and there will be waves breaking across the bridge on Alameda.

Dean, don't you have cow insurance or something?

colleyvillesooner
7/10/2007, 11:03 PM
good luck man.

OUAndy1807
7/10/2007, 11:22 PM
on the bright side: I'll smoke you a brisket if I can have some free pecan wood,

MamaMia
7/11/2007, 12:02 AM
Praying that all will be well and hoping that you get a good nights rest. Lord knows you'll need it. I am so happy for you that your son found a nice girl. I'm hoping to experience that some day.

yermom
7/11/2007, 12:04 AM
dang Dean, that really sucks :(

i could help you with some stuff next week when you get back if you still need help. i might even be able to drag doleo with me

Ash
7/11/2007, 01:00 AM
Sorry to hear about all this, Dean.

Last night's storm was one of the most intense non-tornadic storms I've seen.

Hell, I woke up to what I thought were power flashes on my block. I thought the twisty was coming for me last night.

There was some indications of rotation according to the weather nerds but no twisters.

Wicked winds, almost constant lightning strikes and torrential rain, though. A pretty big cell hit your area down there.

Hope you get the cattle back and all turns out well.

Scott D
7/11/2007, 01:50 AM
good on the boy Dean, sucks on the rest.

but look at the bright side, at least you didn't spend hours in the ER with Mrs. Dean just to wait for them to decide to admit her for what looks scarily like the health issue that she had back in 2003 and 2004 that ended up costing her a job.

TUSooner
7/11/2007, 06:39 AM
Dang, Dean. Very sorry to hear about all that bad stuff. Wish I could help.

OUinFLA
7/11/2007, 07:05 AM
Praying that all will be well and hoping that you get a good nights rest. Lord knows you'll need it. I am so happy for you that your son found a nice girl. I'm hoping to experience that some day.

You're looking for a nice girl? :eek:

I thought you were happily married?

OKC-SLC
7/11/2007, 07:11 AM
hang in there dean.

Petro-Sooner
7/11/2007, 07:18 AM
Wheres Sicem when you need him?

:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2007, 08:53 AM
Daaang.

I know you'll get home as soon as you can, Big Poppa...but I sure feel for Momma.

It'll all work out. And like everyone's saying - lots of us would/will help if there was something we could do. Tell us if there is...

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 09:49 AM
the part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your cow is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your *** out there and you find that ****ing cow.

1stTimeCaller
7/11/2007, 10:04 AM
maybe you need to work on building stronger fences?

King Crimson
7/11/2007, 10:06 AM
Wheres Sicem when you need him?

working up a "state's rights" riff for the Highway Project thread. :texan:

anyway, on the topic....one of my mom's neighbors in Norman had their roof struck by lightning. burned up pretty good, apparently.

Soonrboy
7/11/2007, 10:13 AM
good luck Dean...I can't wait for these stories. It's like waiting for Harry Potter to come out.

Mjcpr
7/11/2007, 10:42 AM
maybe you need to work on building stronger fences?

Word. And quit havin' momma do all the farm work while you're twiddling your testes in Baltimore.

Boarder
7/11/2007, 10:44 AM
Well, glad the bbq and wedding turned out good at least. I was wondering about that.

When are you coming home?

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 02:59 PM
Stronger fences? You goons don't know **** about it. When a 100 year old oak tree falls across the fence, the sumbitch is going down.

I tried to get a flight out of here and there's nothing. POS airlines are oversold - like every other day. I won't get home until Friday morning at 1100. ****.

The boys are out right now looking, and I've got some neighbors helping out, and I'm just hoping for that allsome phone call where somebody says "we found them." I simply do not need a $40K tax deduction this year.

And momma found my brand new smoker (plus the old ones and the grills) in pieces out in the back pasture. She doesn't know if I can salvage them or not. All the patio furniture was blown out and tore up, the rain gutter is damaged, the corner of the roof is damaged, a window is damaged, rain leaked by the chimney, and one of the boys just called to tell me he locked the keys in my truck (an old farm truck that doesn't need a key to start it, but needs a key to unlock the damn door - WTF was he locking the door for anyhow?).

Man, if I don't hear some good news soon I'ma kill something.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2007, 03:07 PM

Then you should prolly avoid the football board.

:mack:

Osce0la
7/11/2007, 03:15 PM
Then you should prolly avoid the football board.

:mack:
and all threads on SoonerFans with "NCAA" in the topic line...

TUSooner
7/11/2007, 03:41 PM

I'll bite...

Neither FEMA, nor any Louisiana or New Orleans government entities will be involved in your clean-up and recovery! So you have a great chance of getting it all squared away PDQ.

nuthin...
:O

JohnnyMack
7/11/2007, 04:16 PM
Let's see.......good news......what do I got?

<taps finger on desk>

Pat told me he was gay for you.

That help at all?

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2007, 04:18 PM
you'll be looking for cows "till the cows come home"

sorry, could not resist it

hope you get some good news soon

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 04:30 PM
Heres some Good News Bro
I gots beer .

Chuck Bao
7/11/2007, 04:30 PM
I'm sure you'll find them.

I've never lost any cows. Well except this one time, when I was a little kid and my granddad gave me a cow, which then produced a calf, and then both were struck by lightening. Okay, forget about that.

I'm sure you'll find them all.

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 06:08 PM
they are branded or tagged right?

Scott D
7/11/2007, 07:37 PM
they are branded or tagged right?

muh****ah, this is Leg Chainsawin' Dean we are talkin' about, not some fruity Texan that tries to plaaaay at being a Rancher :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah. I'll bet he made the metal parts of their tags out of his braided leg hair.

Muhfugguh.

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2007, 08:22 PM
dean's got a fever for more cowbell

royalfan5
7/11/2007, 08:26 PM
muh****ah, this is Leg Chainsawin' Dean we are talkin' about, not some fruity Texan that tries to plaaaay at being a Rancher :D
Every one who owns cattle tags them. Branding comes into play depending on the laws of the state.

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 09:16 PM
All the cows have yellow tags in their left ears. Their calves have matching numbers - right ear for bulls, left ear for heifers. The bull has no tags, but he's branded with a "MG" (the G is backwards) as are several of the cows. Left hip. It's getting nigh on reward time I'm thinking. ****.

Oh yeah, bite me jk.

BudSooner
7/11/2007, 09:23 PM
Stronger fences? You goons don't know **** about it. When a 100 year old oak tree falls across the fence, the sumbitch is going down.

No ****, my uncle has been clearing some land at his place in Coweta and had to bring this big bastard of a Hackberry down....oh it came down alright on the neighbors fence.
He called me at 9 last night to come help hiim cut it up, so he had me get in the bucket of his tractor.....and start sawing **** up.

I had this image of you cutting up trees like that, and dammit now I know what the hell you go thru trying to do it.
Thankfully the SOB is 1/3 of the way cut up but there is one huge limb that is hanging over the neighbors work shed, i'm thinking about hooking a chain to the tractor and the other end as high as I can go.
Then have uncle fire up the tractor while I start cutting, and maybe we can swing the limb away from the building.

Think that might work?

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 09:23 PM
Every one who owns cattle tags them. Branding comes into play depending on the laws of the state.

not everyone,

my dad only used his brand.

I worked on a ranch in Colorado where we had over 500 head and not one had a tag.

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 09:26 PM
No ****, my uncle has been clearing some land at his place in Coweta and had to bring this big bastard of a Hackberry down....oh it came down alright on the neighbors fence.
He called me at 9 last night to come help hiim cut it up, so he had me get in the bucket of his tractor.....and start sawing **** up.

I had this image of you cutting up trees like that, and dammit now I know what the hell you go thru trying to do it.
Thankfully the SOB is 1/3 of the way cut up but there is one huge limb that is hanging over the neighbors work shed, i'm thinking about hooking a chain to the tractor and the other end as high as I can go.
Then have uncle fire up the tractor while I start cutting, and maybe we can swing the limb away from the building.

Think that might work?

I use rope rather than chain. You can get it a lot higher on the limb. Just remember to pull like hell - but watch out if you pull it on yourself.

And most people just don't appreciate what kind of work is involved in clearing timber. The average ovalite couldn't hang.

royalfan5
7/11/2007, 09:26 PM
not everyone,

I worked on a ranch in Colorado where we had over 500 head and not one had a tag.
These days everyone does. If they are purebred, they have to be tattoed in the ear as well.

C&CDean
7/11/2007, 09:29 PM
not everyone,

Half my neighbors don't tag. Or brand. That's why rustling is making a big comeback in Oklahoma. The sale barns never check ****. I'm calling the one in Ada since tomorrow is cow/calf pairs and bulls day. If about 30 mommas and babies with ear tags and a brand show up with a big-assed black bull with a white pecker then toss that sumbitch who brung em' into a pen till I get back in town. He'll wish he got prosecuted.

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 09:34 PM
These days everyone does. If they are purebred, they have to be tattoed in the ear as well.

I guess we missed out on the change, as have many ranchers from Montana to Texas

royalfan5
7/11/2007, 09:36 PM
I guess we missed out on the change, as have many ranchers from Montana to Texas
It's not my fault if people don't take commonsense cattle management steps. And if you are a commercial producers you can afford to cut corners, much more than purebred producers.

olevetonahill
7/11/2007, 09:37 PM
Offer still stands .

usmc-sooner
7/11/2007, 09:41 PM
Half my neighbors don't tag. Or brand. That's why rustling is making a big comeback in Oklahoma. The sale barns never check ****. I'm calling the one in Ada since tomorrow is cow/calf pairs and bulls day. If about 30 mommas and babies with ear tags and a brand show up with a big-assed black bull with a white pecker then toss that sumbitch who brung em' into a pen till I get back in town. He'll wish he got prosecuted.

don't you have to fill out a tax form when you sell cattle?
we always did.

Hell I don't know, hopefully everything works out for you

Dean I'll be your wingman anytime, let's go find those cows

nmsoonergirl
7/11/2007, 10:43 PM
Good luck finding the cows and getting the place cleaned up--sounds like you should take some of these good folks up on their offers of help. Maybe at least they can carry your beer for you while you are doing the real work.

And I'd definitely haul some of that rain to New Mexico if I could, believe me...

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 07:56 AM

I guess the old saying is true, then.....everyone likes their own brand.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 07:57 AM
And most people just don't appreciate what kind of work is involved in clearing timber. The average ovalite couldn't hang.

Please. I just had some guy take out an apple tree in my back yard; I never even broke a sweat.

Mongo
7/12/2007, 07:58 AM
Anyone want to go Black Angus hunting?

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2007, 08:14 AM
my family has a cattle farm up in kingfisher county, on the cimarron......i can remember summers as a teenager out hunting for cattle that got loose for one reason or another......for an animal that seemingly never moves, they can roam away pretty far in a fairly short time

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2007, 08:50 AM
I'll say it for the thousandth time.

Why is there not a Dean Reality show?

dolemitesooner
7/12/2007, 09:53 AM
**** Dean if you need any help when you get back let me know. Old doleo has laid some fence and chased down a cow in his day....as a matter of fact my gawd damn grandpa's longhorn heifer got me good the other day. I ****ing hate Longhorns.

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 10:43 AM
Alright hillbillies, an update.

Momma found the cows about an hour ago. Good news is they're all there. Bad news is they're on a neighbor's pasture about a mile or two from the house. Nobody lives there, but the neighbor has the pasture for hay, and my cows are walking/eating it all to hell. And there's no way to push them back because the creek they went down went 20 foot over flood and washed the bank to a 18' dropoff.

So, here's the offer. Who's available tomorrow about lunchtime to help build a portable catch pen? We're gonna have to build it, and then push them into it, and then load them into a trailer. Probably have to take 2 trips so the bull doesn't hurt the calves in the trailer with him.

I'm 8 miles east of Lexington, and a mile or two south. Who's in?

dolemitesooner
7/12/2007, 10:48 AM

Momma found the cows about an hour ago. Good news is they're all there. Bad news is they're on a neighbor's pasture about a mile or two from the house. Nobody lives there, but the neighbor has the pasture for hay, and my cows are walking/eating it all to hell. And there's no way to push them back because the creek they went down went 20 foot over flood and washed the bank to a 18' dropoff.

So, here's the offer. Who's available tomorrow about lunchtime to help build a portable catch pen? We're gonna have to build it, and then push them into it, and then load them into a trailer. Probably have to take 2 trips so the bull doesn't hurt the calves in the trailer with him.

I can help....I don't know what time I am getting out of here, but I can find out.

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2007, 10:49 AM
Anyone that is in better take some ****ing video and/or pictures.

dolemitesooner
7/12/2007, 10:53 AM
Ok looks like all I don't have that much to do tomorrow. Just give me a time and I will leave work.

Petro-Sooner
I would SO be in but I have work. Sorry.

Mjcpr
I would SO be in but I have work. Sorry.

Right, me too.

Have to work.

dolemitesooner
7/12/2007, 10:57 AM
Work....Ha I just leave that ****

MamaMia
7/12/2007, 11:58 AM
I'm still home recovering from surgery, but I will be with you all in spirit. :)

Chuck Bao
7/12/2007, 12:21 PM
For those of us not able to help on location, maybe we can do a "Have you seen Dean's cows?" interweb search and rescue operation. I'll help sponsor printing up of posters and such.

We just need Dean to provide pics or more description of tagging, breed, distinguishing marks, anwers to "suey cow", etc.

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 12:27 PM
My flight is supposed to get to OKC at 1040. I should be out there by noon. If you're seriously interested in helping, peem me your cell phone #. All you should need is some gloves and some water. The more the merrier.

TUSooner
7/12/2007, 12:33 PM
My flight is supposed to get to OKC at 1040. I should be out there by noon. If you're seriously interested in helping, peem me your cell phone #. All you should need is some gloves and some water. The more the merrier.

If any of them get this far south, I'll just bring them up myself.

that
is
lame
:O

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 12:35 PM
tu is such a ****tard.

StoopTroup
7/12/2007, 01:19 PM
Damn Dean...

Sorry to hear you got hit so bad by the storm.

Your right about tthe trees. It's easy to fall a tree. Haulin' it off is another thing and cutting it up splitting and stacking it so it can cure is even more work.

Don't let Doleo pimp any of yer cows while he's there.

Our thoughts are with you and your Family.

Hang in there.

ST

olevetonahill
7/12/2007, 01:37 PM
Dayum bro , I sent my helper to Canute to help my friend out there. Not sure when he will be back. Ill see if I can get a couple of these young farm hands that owe me favors .
will let you know

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 02:22 PM
Let the backtracking begin!!

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2007, 02:36 PM
I was ready to help yesterday. I had my work gloves and boots ready by the front door. Today, not so much.

;)

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 02:37 PM
If gas wasn't so high.....

yermom
7/12/2007, 02:45 PM
i am trashed at work the next few days

if you still need extra hands next week let me know

proud gonzo
7/12/2007, 02:54 PM

I'm 8 miles east of Lexington, and a mile or two south. Who's in?I would be if I was going to be in town. I'm still on the east coast until saturday. If you still need help next week, let me know. I'll be back in oklahoma for a couple of days.

TUSooner
7/12/2007, 03:09 PM

Well, I was all set to postpone my Florida vacation with all my dear family and friends and dog just to come help you and your cows, but since you called me a ****tard, forget it !

Glad to hear you found them, though . . . I guess. :)

Chuck Bao
7/12/2007, 03:37 PM
Good news!

Why don't you just run them down the highway, if it's just a mile or two, like a mini cattle drive? Then have a cookout and a few beers for the neighbors who help out.

Petro-Sooner
7/12/2007, 03:38 PM
Get along ya little doggies.

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2007, 03:39 PM
I think Dean's down to one horse and it's a shetland pony.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 04:08 PM
You paying mileage or is this a volunteer dealio?

TexasSooner01
7/12/2007, 04:09 PM
If i was closer i would help...but by the time it takes me to drive there, you will probably already have the little critters back.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2007, 04:24 PM
I ain't helpin' you with ****. Suck it farmerboy.

:eddie:

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 06:13 PM
You paying mileage or is this a volunteer dealio?

I ain't worried about your narrow no-account pasty white nintendo playing *** showing up Pat. Hell, your toe nail polish might chip and your hair gel would get in your eyes. I sure don't wanna be responsible for that. Besides, I heard hairy is playing golf and he needs a caddy boy.

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 06:15 PM
I ain't helpin' you with ****. Suck it farmerboy.

And as for you, I put out the bat signal for some help, not the one that says "I need a blowjob." When I'm ready for that hummer, then you're invited.

mdklatt
7/12/2007, 06:24 PM
When I'm ready for that hummer, then you're invited.

You did say you were all stressed out.

C&CDean
7/12/2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, JM is gonna give me the total relief massage.

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2007, 06:35 PM
I knew this thread would have a happy ending.

Jimminy Crimson
7/12/2007, 07:12 PM
If you still need some hands, I might be 'vailable...

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2007, 07:14 PM
If you still need some hands, I might be 'vailable...

For the wranglin' or the massage?

Jimminy Crimson
7/12/2007, 07:24 PM
For the wranglin' or the massage?

One for each. :texan:

BudSooner
7/12/2007, 09:07 PM
If'n my transportation wasn't ****ed at the moment, i'd be there for ya.
Hell i'm working with a bunch of lesbians, how much difference is there between them and cattle anyway?

And no, the lesbo's at work ain't hawt unless you like the bulldyke type.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2007, 09:23 PM
And as for you, I put out the bat signal for some help, not the one that says "I need a blowjob." When I'm ready for that hummer, then you're invited.

Me no ruv you wrong time.

StoopTroup
7/13/2007, 03:25 AM
http://myevilrobot.com/albums/rice/oh_snap.jpg

Mjcpr
7/13/2007, 08:05 AM
I ain't worried about your narrow no-account pasty white nintendo playing *** showing up Pat.

This is going to work out perfectly then.

Phil
7/14/2007, 01:33 PM
Well, so what happened?

dolemitesooner
7/14/2007, 04:02 PM
I went out there. They got all the cows back. Dean got ran over by a 140 pound calf, and got muddy I left went home. GOOD TIMES

StoopTroup
7/14/2007, 04:37 PM
Wow ! ! !

Is Dean all banged up or is that the last time that calf will mess with Dean?

BudSooner
7/14/2007, 07:28 PM
I have a feeling there will be burgers cooking tonight at the ranch, j/k.

Mjcpr
7/14/2007, 09:01 PM
I went out there. They got all the cows back. Dean got ran over by a 140 pound calf, and got muddy I left went home. GOOD TIMES

A 140lb calf? I figured he had testicles that weighed more than that.

olevetonahill
7/14/2007, 09:36 PM
A 140lb calf? I figured he had testicles that weighed more than that.

The Calf or Dean ?

Mjcpr
7/14/2007, 09:38 PM
The Calf or Dean ?

Dean, of course. :D

1stTimeCaller
7/15/2007, 08:33 AM
I hope it dries up at your place so you can get some bailing done or is it too late? Would the standing water ruin the hay?

C&CDean
7/16/2007, 08:04 AM
Yes, Doleo did come out and help. And yes, I did get planted by a calf. Big time. However, said calf is an 8-month old bull weighing somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 pounds. And he had just been hotshotted about 3 times cause his sorry *** wouldn't get in the trailer. I was holding a wire mesh panel and the little ****er turned back and hit me like Roy hit Chrissy. The first thing that hit the ground was the back of my head. And did I mention we were in ankle-deep mud? Not a pretty sight. Of course it goes without saying that a lesser man would have been broken plum in half. All I've got is a couple scratches where the wire mesh got jammed into my leg, and some sore ribs.

The cows/calves/bull are all present and accounted for. I'd like to thank Doleo for helping out, Jimminy for trying to help out, and Pat for not showing up.

And I started cutting hay yesterday!!!!! Yay me.

olevetonahill
7/16/2007, 08:36 AM
Glad you didnt get hurt .

Mjcpr
7/16/2007, 08:50 AM
I know how much hard work that had to be, I was sweating buckets when I played golf Saturday.

JohnnyMack
7/16/2007, 09:22 AM
Thank God you got this done this weekend. Next weekend you'll be hiding in a hole somewhere reading your new dork book.

C&CDean
7/16/2007, 09:57 AM
Thank God you got this done this weekend. Next weekend you'll be hiding in a hole somewhere reading your new dork book.

Nope. I'll be reading it on the airplane on the 30th on my way to Baltimore. And I'm excited as hell that it's coming out. Unlike you, I don't have time to be hiding in a hole when I'm in town, and I am quite confident in my un-dorkness. If you'd ever learn to read, and then picked up The Sorcerer's Stone and gave it a whirl, you'd be a Potterhead too. But alas, you and jk are two peas in a pod.

JohnnyMack
7/16/2007, 09:59 AM
Nope. I'll be reading it on the airplane on the 30th on my way to Baltimore. And I'm excited as hell that it's coming out. Unlike you, I don't have time to be hiding in a hole when I'm in town, and I am quite confident in my un-dorkness. If you'd ever learn to read, and then picked up The Sorcerer's Stone and gave it a whirl, you'd be a Potterhead too. But alas, you and jk are two peas in a pod.

Meh. I read the first three books in that series and got bored.

C&CDean
7/16/2007, 10:05 AM
Meh. I read the first three books in that series and got bored.
liar

colleyvillesooner
7/16/2007, 10:07 AM
<next insult predictor>

no, you are.

</next insult predictor>

Howzit
7/16/2007, 10:09 AM
:les: I'M RUBBER AND YOU'RE GLUE!!!

JohnnyMack
7/16/2007, 10:09 AM
<next insult predictor>

no, you are.

</next insult predictor>

Rubber.

Glue.

Or something like that.

JohnnyMack
7/16/2007, 10:10 AM
Stupid ****ing Howzit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Howzit
7/16/2007, 10:10 AM
:norm:

dolemitesooner
7/16/2007, 10:33 AM
* cough cough * BUll**** *cough*

I could have taken that ****ing calf.....lol

Chuck Bao
7/16/2007, 10:46 AM
Why wasn't someone there taking pictures? Or, are you guys holding out on us?

jk the sooner fan
7/16/2007, 07:31 PM
But alas, you and jk are two peas in a pod.

yep, my kids tell me they are great books

NormanPride
7/16/2007, 07:45 PM
yep, my kids tell me they are great books

The younger generation is always smarter. ;)

jk the sooner fan
7/16/2007, 08:03 PM
The younger generation is always smarter. ;)

possibly

i'm not knocking the books, or the movies........its just not a genre that interests me whatsoever

StoopTroup
7/16/2007, 08:17 PM
Is a 140 calf meaner than a 140 woman?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2007, 10:58 AM
Sorry about all that. I would have helped --or at least provided moral support-- but I was getting my appendix removed.

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 10:59 AM
the cows wanted you out there......you know, so they'd have somebody to look straight in the eye ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2007, 11:04 AM
the cows wanted you out there......you know, so they'd have somebody to look straight in the eye ;)Well true.

C&CDean
7/17/2007, 12:30 PM
possibly

i'm not knocking the books, or the movies........its just not a genre that interests me whatsoever

Dude, seriously. You salivate over Idol. And I challenge you to pick up the first book and give it a read. It's different than what you think if you've actually never even given it a whirl.

I was more stubborn than you though. I didn't read the first book until the 4th book was already out. And the only reason I read it is because momma kept pimpin' it to me - and finally stuck it in my briefcase before a business trip - which ended up sitting on the tarmac for like 5 hours.

I had forgotten to buy a new book, so after reading the American Way a couple times I thought "what the hell, I'm just sitting here, I may as well give it a read." So, being the tough guy and all I got the book out and hid it inside the American Way so nobody would see me. By the time we got to D.C., I went to the local bookstore and bought book 2 - even though we had one at home. I quickly read my way through the 4 books, and was just your average Potterhead waiting on book 5 to come out. Since then, I've read each book probably 4-5 times. I've seen each movie probably 10 times each. I think it's because A Christmas Carol was always my favorite movie/play, and something about the whole British thing is entertaining to me.

Anyhow, like I said, I challenge you to try it. If you still don't like it after reading book 1 then you're a fag just like JM.:texan:

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2007, 01:10 PM
you'd think i was a fag whether i read it or not

i actually did try to read the first - got half way thru it

they arent bad books, its just not the genre of book that i care for

i've never once seen any of the lord of the rings movies - i've tried to make myself watch them, they just dont hold my interest

like im saying, i'm not knocking them......they have to be good or millions of people, kids and adults alike, wouldnt be reading them

Howzit
7/17/2007, 01:28 PM
fag.

OU4LIFE
7/17/2007, 01:39 PM
no thanks, I don't smoke.

NormanPride
7/17/2007, 01:54 PM
no thanks, I don't smoke.

Booo!

OU4LIFE
7/17/2007, 02:04 PM
was that supposed to scare me?

NormanPride
7/17/2007, 03:01 PM
No, that was supposed to be a show of my disapproval. As in "Boo! Hiss! Terrible!" Rather than "Howzit's behind you with some KY and a funny look on his face!"

Mixer!
7/17/2007, 11:54 PM
Good jorb, doleo. You da man!