PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Cincy in 2008 & 2010?

Ardmore_Sooner
7/10/2007, 05:31 PM
Anybody else heard about this?

Link (http://dailymail.com/static/bigeastfb.pdf)

TheUnnamedSooner
7/10/2007, 05:50 PM
I wonder if it is a misprint and supposed to be aggie lite?

yermom
7/10/2007, 06:22 PM
they are a BCS team, it wouldn't a bad scheduling move...

since we are playing UW and i think FSU, those years respectively, it's pretty good

http://soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2008

of course the Bearcats aren't listed there... i can't seem to find OU's version of that page

reevie
7/10/2007, 07:12 PM
You know, if we play that road game in the Bengals stadium, I don't think that is a bad deal.

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 09:05 PM
^^^heh.

freshchris05
7/10/2007, 11:06 PM
2013 @ND.... im gonna start planning now...

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 11:12 PM
WTF??? AT NOTRE DUMB??? We need 'em here first. :mad: They farkin' owe us.

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/11/2007, 12:17 AM
Heh, notice the UConn - Baylor matchup in '08 and '09. Game of the century number two? :rolleyes:

Ash
7/11/2007, 12:37 AM
WTF??? AT NOTRE DUMB??? We need 'em here first. :mad: They farkin' owe us.

This is true.

KYSooner
7/11/2007, 01:24 AM
In all honesty, THANK GOD...I cant wait to see OUr Sooners in my home town...not to mention, a Victory!!!

BUT...at the same time, why are we scheduling teams this weak? We should be scheduling teams that have built a name for themselves...such as Louisville or, should I mention it, Boise State. If we're picking games up this late, we should AT LEAST
pick up teams that have availabilities...like Hawaii...then, we would have the chance of playing an additional cruddy team in the first game.

yermom
7/11/2007, 02:12 AM
they are a bowl team, right? they derailed Rutgers' undefeated dreams last year

playing them at home when we play the Huskies in Norman, and playing there when we play Free Shoes doesn't really seem that bad (most teams don't play two non-conference BCS teams in one year)

i'm sure they are better than North Texas or Utah State

Hawai'i would be a nice road trip though :D

that used to get you another home game as well, not sure if they are still doing that with the permanent 12th game now though

CincySooner
7/11/2007, 07:27 AM
Oh HELL YEAH!!!!

Ever since I moved here I've wondered if OU will ever make it to this region in an away game. It would be great to not have to haul my butt across the country just to see a game once in a while.

Looks like I'll have to wait until 2010 though.

SoonerShark
7/11/2007, 12:29 PM
Regardless, a Cincinnati does not deserve a USC, OU, OSU (the Ohio one), Alabama, etc. on its home field. When we go to TU, more Sooners fans are in the stands than Tulsa fans, so that's a good road game.

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 01:49 PM
This articel says the contract is signed, and the game at Cincy will be in the Bengals stadium :cool: I'm there.

http://newsok.com/article/3100569

Oklahoma will play Cincinnati in football in 2008 and 2010, according to a report in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The teams have signed a contract.

OU will host the game on Sept. 6, 2008 and play at the Cincinnati Bengals' Paul Brown Stadium on Sept. 25, 2010.

"If we expect Bearcat football to be a national presence and compete in the BCS, we need to play nationally recognized programs,” Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly told the newspaper. "This is an opportunity for UC to play at the highest level and host a BCS program in an NFL venue.”

CincySooner
8/7/2007, 02:12 PM
woohoo!!

yermom
8/7/2007, 02:22 PM
Regardless, a Cincinnati does not deserve a USC, OU, OSU (the Ohio one), Alabama, etc. on its home field. When we go to TU, more Sooners fans are in the stands than Tulsa fans, so that's a good road game.

why on earth would Stoops want to go to Ohio? ;)

snp
8/7/2007, 02:32 PM
We kinda recruit outta Ohio.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/7/2007, 02:37 PM
they are a bowl team, right? they derailed Rutgers' undefeated dreams last year

playing them at home when we play the Huskies in Norman, and playing there when we play Free Shoes doesn't really seem that bad (most teams don't play two non-conference BCS teams in one year)

i'm sure they are better than North Texas or Utah State

that used to get you another home game as well, not sure if they are still doing that with the permanent 12th game now though

A road trip might be a little rough to Hawaii. I would try an airplane or boat. YWIA.

dougsooner
8/7/2007, 02:45 PM
We should get 2 home games for 1 away game with a school like this.... Regardless, it's a good move.

soonervegas
8/7/2007, 02:49 PM

Ding. Ding. Ding. Building a pipeline....

MextheBulldog
8/7/2007, 02:51 PM
Boring.....But then again you gotta find games like this from time to time...

BASSooner
8/7/2007, 02:52 PM

Then we should also try to play Cal, rutgers, and perhaps michigan state

yermom
8/7/2007, 02:56 PM
nevermind the fact that Stoops grew up ~70 miles from there ;)

snp
8/7/2007, 06:24 PM

Stoops doesn't have a brother on a coaching staff at any of those states. Ohio is a much more talented state than the latter two combined. And you're right, we did schedule UCLA a couple years back.

And New Jersey and Michigan? :rolleyes:

We recruited Nichol because he was the best QB that the coaching staff could get to switch that late in the process. Dejuan Miller already favored us and was easy to get to come down to Norman.

BudSooner
8/7/2007, 06:24 PM

Why? to see the hoochie mama's and the ho's in the stands?

BASSooner
8/7/2007, 07:29 PM
haha jeez people calm down! I didn't say those states because Stoops' brothers were not there, but more so that those states are loaded with talented prospects.

The reason why I say Rutgers is because it's in the state of new jersey, and that state has had a decent history of talent coming out of there. Just sayin

AlbqSooner
8/7/2007, 07:41 PM
You guys need to understand that Cincy has fielded some pretty good teams over the years. As mentioned, they gave Rutgers their comeuppance and a couple of years ago sacred the bejeebus outta the Puckeyes in Columbus. They are a cut above a UAB and a few cuts above North Texas.

snp
8/7/2007, 09:38 PM
haha jeez people calm down! I didn't say those states because Stoops' brothers were not there, but more so that those states are loaded with talented prospects.

The reason why I say Rutgers is because it's in the state of new jersey, and that state has had a decent history of talent coming out of there. Just sayin

True, but they both pale in comparison to Ohio. There's a reason why Michigan will try and raid Ohio and why Ohio State doesn't venture into Michigan too often.

SOONER STEAKER
8/7/2007, 10:25 PM

Going to Hawaii for vacation, not to play football. Teams are thinking about the beach and the bitches. Football would be the furthest thing from the players mind. Also, what would OU gain by playing Hawaii, we don't have any Samoan's (sp check)on our team do we?

SoonerShark
8/7/2007, 10:56 PM
why on earth would Stoops want to go to Ohio? ;)

What if we get upset on their field? I doubt if we lose; however, why chance playing a third tier team on their marquee game?

BASSooner
8/7/2007, 11:19 PM
True, but they both pale in comparison to Ohio. There's a reason why Michigan will try and raid Ohio and why Ohio State doesn't venture into Michigan too often.
good point. This statement might jump the gun but i think we should probably make ohio a pipeline priority(of course not 1st over texass)

yermom
8/8/2007, 01:50 AM

Going to Hawaii for vacation, not to play football. Teams are thinking about the beach and the bitches. Football would be the furthest thing from the players mind. Also, what would OU gain by playing Hawaii, we don't have any Samoan's (sp check)on our team do we?

the Sackin' Samoan graduated :D

CincySooner
8/8/2007, 07:43 AM

uh,... its a little more than that. I dont know the mileage, but its about a 4 hour drive.

RedStripe
8/8/2007, 08:50 AM
We have direct flights on Delta to the natty from OKC

yermom
8/8/2007, 10:07 AM
uh,... its a little more than that. I dont know the mileage, but its about a 4 hour drive.

you're right, i was looking at Cleveland, not Cincinnati

colleyvillesooner
8/8/2007, 10:13 AM
dumbass.

MojoRisen
8/8/2007, 04:50 PM
Bengals Stadium is one of the best in the country and is smack downtwon.

I lived in Cincy for several years and went to school there- They are a scrappy team and are actually very physical. They have had some good QB's come through there and they did almost upset OSU in the bengals stadium. Really dominated physically and blew the game ---

StuIsTheMan
8/8/2007, 05:16 PM
It better be a good game...cause I don't want to try and make a new sig for them too....:mad:

I STILL HATE EUGENE AND ALL THAT LIVE THERE AND ROOT FOR THOSE CHEATING BASTAGES!!!!!!

sooneron
8/8/2007, 09:44 PM

oops didn't see the post above!

sooneron
8/8/2007, 09:47 PM
Plus it would be awesome for me to actually DRIVE to an OU game!:texan: Well, I'd make the wife drive so I could enjoy the "game".