PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the group or whatever called, "The Killer Bee's?"

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 03:13 PM
I seem to remember hearing something about them in the early days of sports talk radio (well to me anyways), in the mid 90's?

I know they were OU fans but that's all I know. Anyone know these guys or what "Killer Bee's" means?

TIA

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 03:19 PM
Bud, Barry and Bob... the "Killer B's"

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 03:23 PM
Bud, Barry and Bob... the "Killer B's"Yeah, but it was before Bob got here. Blake was still coaching the first time I heard of them.

BigDeezy
7/10/2007, 03:24 PM
I remember a fan group called the killer bees, as they used to tailgate in a tent right across the street from the stadium, and I would pas them on my way. They wore tee shirts that said that, I believe. I haven't seen them at that location in the past couple years, I don't believe.

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 03:27 PM
I remember a fan group called the killer bees, as they used to tailgate in a tent right across the street from the stadium, and I would pas them on my way. They wore tee shirts that said that, I believe. I haven't seen them at that location in the past couple years, I don't believe.Yeah, that's them. I remember one was a former OU wrestler. I was just wondering if they were still around and if anyone here knew any of them.

Thanks

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 03:43 PM
That was just a guess. Never heard of the band, but I did see the BBB t-shirt.

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 04:01 PM
That was just a guess. Never heard of the band, but I did see the BBB t-shirt.Oh, it wasn't a band. More like a pep club for older men.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/10/2007, 04:17 PM
I remember a couple blake years or maybe bob's first year. the defense was called the "red swarm" or something like that. And when the d would make a good play you would hear that buzzing noise over the PA

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 04:19 PM
I remember a couple blake years or maybe bob's first year. the defense was called the "red swarm" or something like that. And when the d would make a good play you would hear that buzzing noise over the PAYeah, that's it. Those guys started it and I'm trying figure out the who, what, when and where.

stoopified
7/10/2007, 04:30 PM
Bud, Barry and Bob... the "Killer B's"
You forgot Bennie (many people do).

Rhino
7/10/2007, 04:39 PM
I think they were/are just called The Swarm, not The Killer B's.

I'm pretty sure OUGeno (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36503), Horsefly and ShaqDaddy were/are all members.

OUGeno was the one who taped up a picture of Switzer at the College Football HOF when we played Notre Dame in '99.

Sooner24
7/10/2007, 05:45 PM
I think they were/are just called The Swarm, not The Killer B's.

I'm pretty sure OUGeno (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36503), Horsefly and ShaqDaddy were/are all members.

OUGeno was the one who taped up a picture of Switzer at the College Football HOF when we played Notre Dame in '99.

I have a picture of that. :D

okienole3
7/10/2007, 06:21 PM
Remember when the Crimson Reign split off from The Swarm?

snp
7/10/2007, 06:37 PM
I'm guessing that's the same Geno that calls into the sports radio shows.

Harry Beanbag
7/10/2007, 07:10 PM
Geno gave me one of The Swarm's business cards prior to the Fiesta Bowl. I feel honored and carry it in my wallet at all times.

birddog
7/10/2007, 07:18 PM
I'm guessing that's the same Geno that calls into the sports radio shows.

yeah, that's him. WHAT IT IS!!!

critical_phil
7/10/2007, 07:22 PM
i would like to fight OUGeno in a barbed-wire octagon.

Taxman71
7/11/2007, 08:55 AM
Aren't those the guys who sit in the NE corner of the stadium and do the "oooooooosssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuu sux" chant at the end of the 3rd quarter at as many games as they can? If so, they should face the firing squad.

Then again, I may get the Killer B's confused with the Swarm as they are all disturbing.