PDA

View Full Version : HOLY ****! Gag me with a spoon.

boomersooner28
7/10/2007, 02:12 PM
Went shopping late last night at the local Wal-mart (only time to go if you ask me), and there it was. We were walking towards the exit and it blinded me with horror. The huge standing cardboard statue advertising the new NCAA 08 with none other than Boise St.'s own Jared Zabransky!!! In those gawd awful blue/craptastic uniforms. I threw up in my mouth a little. I just may not buy the game now.

Snrfn4ever08
7/10/2007, 02:15 PM
Went shopping late last night at the local Wal-mart (only time to go if you ask me), and there it was. We were walking towards the exit and it blinded me with horror. The huge standing cardboard statue advertising the new NCAA 08 with none other than Boise St.'s own Jared Zabransky!!! In those gawd awful blue/craptastic uniforms. I threw up in my mouth a little. I just may not buy the game now.
I've got the game reserved and I'll still purchase it (I can't tell you how excited I am that it's only a week away), but I might have to burn the box and scratch the label off the disk. Something tells me no one from OUr team would be on the cover had we won The Game We Don't Speak Of: Part Zwei

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 02:16 PM
Don't they have regional covers?

Snrfn4ever08
7/10/2007, 02:23 PM
Don't they have regional covers?
They always have these regional covers that they'll put on the display boxes, but they never sell the game with any kind of regional cover. I guarantee some nice OU covers can be found off of this site. Besides, it's even worse at my local gamestop...all the display cases have OSU. :confused: I just don't get it

The Maestro
7/10/2007, 02:29 PM
People still say, "Gag me with a spoon?"

Who knew? :)

Snrfn4ever08
7/10/2007, 02:36 PM
People still say, "Gag me with a spoon?"

Who knew? :)
Can you think of any better way to get that kind of a sight out of your head?

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 02:38 PM
Can you think of any better way to get that kind of a sight out of your head?I'm pretty sure I can think of a few...;)

mizzOUstu702
7/10/2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, March called--they want their NCAA news back. :rolleyes:

soonerhubs
7/10/2007, 02:58 PM
I thought they'd know better than to put that close to Norman. I did see it in Stillwater Walmart and just expected that type of toolery up here. :)

OSUFAN11
7/10/2007, 03:01 PM
The demo is now out in the xboxlive marketplace and it is free. It looks great and they have made a lot of improvements. It only lets you play 2 minute quarters and you can only play with two teams.......Michigan and USC

IronSooner
7/10/2007, 03:03 PM
I've seen it in both Oklahoma and Illinois. Thanks NCAA.

mxATVracer10
7/10/2007, 03:07 PM
I give it a little punch to the helmet every time I walk by. For me, it adds to the excitement of the walmart trip :texan:

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 03:07 PM
I've seen it in both Oklahoma and Illinois. Thanks NCAA.They're just still mad that we beat them in court over TV contracts.

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 03:09 PM
I give it a little punch to the helmet every time I walk by. For me, it adds to the excitement of the walmart trip :texan:Good call, let's all just "accidentally" trip and fall into them all, of course smashing it to oblivion in the process.

;)

I'm dead serious too.

joejon_gresham
7/10/2007, 03:12 PM
Has anyone seen the new commercial for the game with AD?? It's talking about a David vs. Goliath matchup, and it has the last play of the fiesta bowl in the game, and the sooners stop the run. Then you see AD and he says something(forgot what, but it was cool) then you hear the boomer sooner chant... Awesome.

Seamus
7/10/2007, 03:22 PM
Hey, March called--they want their NCAA news back. :rolleyes:

Heh.

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 03:24 PM
I'm not too concerned about it... their team had an outstanding game against us. Not that big of a deal when you consider one of those teams will be back in the BCS year in and out... the other still has a lot of respect to earn.

Landthief 1972
7/10/2007, 03:27 PM
I have a .psd of the new cover so you can replace it with something less... gay looking. You can get it here (http://files.filefront.com/NCAA08_360PS2/;6845018;;/fileinfo.html).

OUDoc
7/10/2007, 04:11 PM
If you reserve at Game Stop, you get the AD cover. You have to reserve ahead of time (so I was told). Seems worth reserving it to me. I need to go do that soon.

rufnek05
7/10/2007, 04:18 PM
it took every reserve in my body not to molash the stand-up-cut-out they have in our wal-mart. but one drunken night i may not be able to take it and just have to go kick that card board's ***.

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2007, 07:52 PM
I see that ****ing sign 6 days a week at the entrance to my Wal-Mart; i would knock the sumbitch over but i'm afraid i would get banned from every delivering there again.:D

JohnnyMack
7/10/2007, 08:12 PM
Like oh my gosh!!!

freshchris05
7/10/2007, 09:51 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/freshchris05/PT08-1.jpg

Ash
7/10/2007, 10:47 PM
This thread is comedy gold. GOLD I tell ya!

insuranceman_22
7/10/2007, 11:41 PM
it took every reserve in my body not to molash the stand-up-cut-out they have in our wal-mart. but one drunken night i may not be able to take it and just have to go kick that card board's ***.

It's cool rufnek, I got your back....just let me know when its going down!

Ash
7/11/2007, 12:20 AM
This could be a promotion.

"Buy a copy of NCAA 08 and we'll let you beat the **** out of a cardboard cut out! Saturday only! Plus, free wings from Big Lou's Winghouse!"

PAW
7/11/2007, 01:42 AM
Has anyone seen the new commercial for the game with AD?? It's talking about a David vs. Goliath matchup, and it has the last play of the fiesta bowl in the game, and the sooners stop the run. Then you see AD and he says something(forgot what, but it was cool) then you hear the boomer sooner chant... Awesome.

If only . . . Adrian Peterson NCAA 08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2LjWPELXo)

I'll be glad when the season starts.

IronHorseSooner
7/11/2007, 05:59 AM
I've seen it in both Oklahoma and Illinois. Thanks NCAA.

Up here in NY, too. I have seen it for about a month now when I walk into every Wal Mart.

BoomerGirl34
7/11/2007, 11:27 AM

I didn't know Danny Bonaduce played football....