PDA

View Full Version : Those bastidges

Seamus
7/10/2007, 01:52 PM
ESPN's college football page, yet again, has Boy-suck State as their lead feature.

At OUr expense. Yet again:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0101/ncf_ap_johnson_412.jpg

Beef
7/10/2007, 02:25 PM
Let
It
Go.
They won.

Snrfn4ever08
7/10/2007, 02:39 PM
Yea, how many of you guys saw today that cfn.com put that game at #2 on their list of 100 greatest finishes since 1970, behind only "The Play" from Stanford-Cal?

colleyvillesooner
7/10/2007, 02:41 PM
How dare they put a picture up of the Fiesta Bowl when talking about Boise State, who's coming off the biggest win in the school history. I mean why can't ESPN let it go!? It was over 7 months ago!!

:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
7/10/2007, 02:47 PM
Guy's, believe it or not, all the hoopla over their win is a compliment to us. Imagine if they had to play, Va Tech or Rutgers or TCU or Okie State or aTm or Colorado, etc...nobody would have cared.

schlanker
7/10/2007, 02:51 PM
if we dont want to be dogged on then we shouldnt lose.

Tear Down This Wall
7/10/2007, 02:54 PM
if we dont want to be dogged on then we shouldnt lose.

Agreed. Or, at least be able to hold a lead in the fourth quarter (Oregon, Boise State from last season).

Hello...anyone back there in the secondary want to cover or tackle someone when there's still time left on the clock?

No? You'd rather blame refs and other assorted b.s. for losing fourth quarter leads? Okay.

Seamus
7/10/2007, 03:18 PM
I.
Can't.
Let.
It.
Go.
I.
Live.
Vicariously.
Through.
My.
Team.
And.
All.
Its.
Accomplishments.
;)

colleyvillesooner
7/10/2007, 03:27 PM
Agreed. Or, at least be able to hold a lead in the fourth quarter (Oregon, Boise State from last season).

Hello...anyone back there in the secondary want to cover or tackle someone when there's still time left on the clock?

No? You'd rather blame refs and other assorted b.s. for losing fourth quarter leads? Okay.

Uh, yeah, we held the lead in the 4th quarter @ Oregon when we legally recovered an illegally touched onsides kick. Don't forget about the ball that changed direction, but wasn't tipped.

Boist State, I'll give you, but not Oregon. We did what we had to to win. The touchdown pass and missed field goal never should have happened, so don't bring that up.

oumartin
7/10/2007, 03:59 PM
TDTW=NickZep?

dougsooner
7/10/2007, 04:23 PM
I will let it go when I see KW run a trick play. He is way too vanilla in his play calling. I never thought I'd miss Leach but you could count on him for at least 1 flea flicker sort of deal per game. It keeps the defense honest and it also is exciting for the players. We have so many fast WR and RB this year it would seem we could pull it off easy this year.

stoopified
7/10/2007, 04:39 PM
Leach ?OMG,give me a break.

colleyvillesooner
7/10/2007, 04:57 PM
What is people fascination about Trick plays? More often than not, they don't work. You only see the one that do on the highlights.

Tear Down This Wall
7/10/2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, so with 3:10 second left in the game, we weren't leading Oregon 33-20? What, pray tell, does the onside kick have to do with holding a lead with 3:10 seconds left in the game? The referees magically gave Oregon seven points to make the score 33-27, or our secondary collapsed? And, despite the onside kick fiasco, our secondary couldn't continue to play football for the remaining 1:06 of the game?

Giving the secondary a break for a minute...

We convert only 1 of 4 first and goals from inside the five yard line for a TD, and we blame the refs for the outcome? We had first and goal from the 3 in the second quarter, penalties, field goal. We had first and goals from the 2 and 4 in the fourth quarter and could only turn them into field goals - this with Adrian Peterson in the backfield!

The score never should have been 33-20. The score should have been 45-20. Even converting just one more of the first and goals from inside the four yard line would have given us a 37-20 lead - insurmountable no matter what the referees did or didn't do with a minute left in the game.

The point is, we didn't put Oregon away despite having multiple opportunities to do so. We never should have been in a situation for a referee's error to decide that game. We did. You get what you get when you don't put people away.

And, we didn't learn anything from it because Boise State's lead-footed tight end burned us in the waning seconds of the fourth quarter of the Fiesta Bowl. Then, a hook and lateral where no one touches either of the ball handlers! The ball snaps, we have 11 players on the field - 3 at the goal line - and no one touches either the initial receiver or the guy who took the pitch to the end zone. And you want to complain about some crummy viedo game's cover?

How about complaining about tackling and covering receivers when the game is on the line?

Nah. Why hold the coaching staff accountable when they won a national title seven years ago? They've got a lifetime pass now when the players don't execute.

Pathetic.

Ash
7/10/2007, 05:53 PM
TDTW=NickZep?

LOL! Yeah, maybe that's his angry troll handle. :texan:

oumartin
7/10/2007, 07:30 PM
Relax, with AD gone we can go back to ripping texas and all other teams like we did before he walked on Campus.
I for one think they relied to heavily on the kid.

Course does his departure suddenly fix the defense?
:pop:

OKC-SLC
7/10/2007, 07:34 PM
TDTW is right on.

It's almost like he's talking politics.

oumartin
7/10/2007, 07:35 PM
Don't encourage him.
Yes he makes good points but man, ease up.

OKC-SLC
7/10/2007, 07:52 PM
heh.