PDA

View Full Version : Hasn't this happened before?

OUDoc
7/10/2007, 12:08 PM
Does this really come up that often?

Drunk drives seven blocks with body lodged in his windshield

A 50-year-old man who died in a hit-and-run crash Sunday night on Green Bay’s east side has been identified as Tyrone Ware of Green Bay.

A woman who also was struck in the 11:57 p.m. crash, meanwhile, was reported in life-threatening condition today. Joann Carroll, 41, Green Bay, was walking with Ware and was found injured lying in the 1000 block of Elizabeth Street.

Police say a 40-year-old Green Bay driver was drunk when he hit the two pedestrians, then drove about seven blocks home with the man's body lodged in his windshield.

The driver, Steve Warrichaiet, parked his 1995 Dodge Intrepid in the garage at his home at 2128 Eastman Ave., then called police about six hours later, saying he had been involved in an accident and believed he had hit someone.

Warrichaiet, who was taken into custody Monday morning, is expected to be charged at 2:30 p.m. today in Brown County Circuit Court. Police are seeking charges of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, drunken driving, causing injury while driving drunk, hit-and-run causing death, hit-and-run causing injury and hiding a corpse.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070710/GPG0101/70710046/1978

Funny, I don't remember a corpse in my windshield before I went out for drinks. :confused: "Hiding a corpse". :D

TMcGee86
7/10/2007, 12:15 PM
The only thing I can think is the guy decided to go kill himself, got to his house and realized he couldn't do it and then decided to call the cops.

I just can't understand these people. At least it sounds like this guy died on impact, unlike that one in Dallas where the chick ignored the guys cries for help for hours upon hours until he finally died.

Turd_Ferguson
7/10/2007, 12:16 PM
Sho nuff. As I remember, she left him with his leg's a kicki'n while she took on the dirty leg.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/23/national/main559819.shtml

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2007, 01:35 PM
I just can't understand these people. At least it sounds like this guy died on impact, unlike that one in Dallas where the chick ignored the guys cries for help for hours upon hours until he finally died.

we were her insurance company on that

OUDoc
7/10/2007, 01:37 PM
we were her insurance company on that
What is the deductible on a body in the windshield? $500?

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2007, 01:47 PM

she didnt have full coverage, just the liability

i think she went to jail though

Osce0la
7/10/2007, 01:51 PM
Sho nuff. As I remember, she left him with his leg's a kicki'n while she took on the dirty leg.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/23/national/main559819.shtml
Why did they dump the body? Did she seriously think she wouldn't get caught? Did she not realize she is eventually going to have to take the car to have the windshield fixed and the people might wonder what all the blood was from?

OKC-SLC
7/10/2007, 01:53 PM
Seems pretty steep to me.

StoopTroup
7/10/2007, 01:56 PM
Hasn't this happened before? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95964)

Widescreen
7/10/2007, 04:26 PM
Why did they dump the body? Did she seriously think she wouldn't get caught? Did she not realize she is eventually going to have to take the car to have the windshield fixed and the people might wonder what all the blood was from?
IIRC, the woman involved was not exactly intelligent.

Harry Beanbag
7/10/2007, 05:18 PM
It happened on CSI once too. It's an epidemic.

AlbqSooner
7/10/2007, 08:11 PM
Happened in St. Petersburg, FL a couple of years ago. Bit of a twist on the facts though. The guy who got hit was drunk trying to cross the street. Guy who hit him was sober but around 90 and drove several blocks to the next light before either he or his wife realized that there was a guy stuck in the windshield. I guess senility is bliss.