PDA

View Full Version : ......sigh....

Jerk
7/10/2007, 05:59 AM
I guess you guys will be graced with my presence today.

Lucky you.

I'm seriously thinking about food stamps and welfare. How do I get on that sh**?

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 08:31 AM
While we're graced with your presence, I wanted to ask your opinion on "street sweepers".

My mom is like wanting to get rid of a lot of my dad's guns, and we're still finding them hidden all over the place, after a year since he passed on.

Mom's main point is what on earth is she going to do with a "street sweeper". I had no idea until my brother took it out of the safe and then I wikipediaed it. Invented in South Africa for "crowd control"!

You're supposed to have a license to own one, I think. So, what happens when the licensee passes away?

Here is a pic.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/streetsweeper2resized.jpg

Petro-Sooner
7/10/2007, 08:40 AM
Those make great deer rifles.

Jerk
7/10/2007, 08:42 AM
Here in the States they are Class III weapons. Still legal, I believe, but regulated like machine guns. You have to get a tax stamp and all that other bullsh**.

Is this here in the US are in Bankok?

Jerk
7/10/2007, 08:47 AM
I know a little about US Firearms laws, but I'm not really up to speed on the laws in Thailand.

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not a hunter. But, deer shotgun? Wouldn't that like take some of the taste out with all of the spitting out of the buckshot?

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 08:54 AM
My mom lives in Oklahoma, Jerk. She wants to sell some of her guns, probably starting with that one.

Petro-Sooner
7/10/2007, 08:59 AM
I'm not a hunter. But, deer shotgun? Wouldn't that like take some of the taste out with all of the spitting out of the buckshot?

:D :texan:

Jerk
7/10/2007, 09:13 AM
My mom lives in Oklahoma, Jerk. She wants to sell some of her guns, probably starting with that one.
uh...

I'm pretty sure she will have to sell it to a licensed class III dealer. Fred Baker in OKC is one (Out-door America). I think that selling it to joe blow would be a big no no. They're regulated a lot differently than your average shotgun, hangun, or rifle.

The government changed their classification to Destructive Devices in 1989 or so and grand-fathered all the old ones out in public hands, but you had a certain amount of time to register yours and pay the tax. If your dad got the stamp, then it will be easy to transfere. If not, we have another can of worms and you might want to have her consult an attorney. She shouldn't be in any legal troubles (unless the ATF wants to be as*holes about it) but she will probably have to just turn it in for nothing. I wouldn't recommend her calling the po po for disposal. Have an attorney do it.

So, first things first, find the tax stamp.

Hamhock
7/10/2007, 09:23 AM
i'll give you $25 for it.

ousoonerfan
7/10/2007, 09:47 AM
I know a little about US Firearms laws

I have a question. I just bought my wife a pistol (S&W 9mm). Can we carry it in our truck legally or do we need some kind of permit? TIA

Oh yeah, we do live in Oklahoma.

NormanPride
7/10/2007, 10:24 AM
Handgun, rifle, shotgun, sure. But why the hell does anyone need that?

Jerk
7/10/2007, 10:27 AM
I have a question. I just bought my wife a pistol (S&W 9mm). Can we carry it in our truck legally or do we need some kind of permit? TIA

Oh yeah, we do live in Oklahoma.

Yeah, unloaded and either locked in the trunk seperate from any loaded mags or, I believe, in the front but not concealed. It has been so long since I've had to deal with that so I have forgotten. A permit now allows one to even carry a loaded rifle :D

Jerk
7/10/2007, 10:28 AM

Guess you never been Quail Huntin' in God's country, boy.:texan:

ousoonerfan
7/10/2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks.

NormanPride
7/10/2007, 10:45 AM
Guess you never been Quail Huntin' in God's country, boy.:texan:

Nope! I think it would be fun, though.

But hell, would anything be left if you shot one with that? I mean, that's a hell of a gun, and them's tiny little birdies.

Jerk
7/10/2007, 10:50 AM
Nope! I think it would be fun, though.

But hell, would anything be left if you shot one with that? I mean, that's a hell of a gun, and them's tiny little birdies.

Heh. If you loaded it up with the same shells (no. 8's or 9') you'd get the same results as if it were grandpapies old Remmy 1100 bird gun. You'd have a few more shots, though:D

SRSLY, if I'm going bird huntin, I'm taking ye olde over and under.

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, and why does Hamhock want it for $25?

He has crowd control issues that he's not telling us 'bout?

Srsly, is there like a directory of licensed class III dealers?

Vaevictis
7/10/2007, 11:07 AM

In case you need to kill someone.

Which is the same reason you'd own any other firearm. It's just that some firearms kill with "more prejudice" than others ;)

goingoneight
7/10/2007, 04:42 PM
I guess you guys will be graced with my presence today.

Lucky you.

I'm seriously thinking about food stamps and welfare. How do I get on that sh**?

Have thirteen children and speak Spanish?

Hamhock
7/10/2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, and why does Hamhock want it for $25?

because I have yet to kill a bobcat with it.

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 04:59 PM
You too?

My mom has a major bobcat situation, as well.

One supposedly killed several of our dogs and was stalking my uncle, who is a pretty big guy. He had to shoo it off three times waving a garden hoe. The fourth time it came back into my mom's vegetable garden, face to face with my uncle, my uncle just gave up and left.

My sis is convinced that she can shoot it with her pistol and sis is a pretty good shot. I'd lay odds on my sis dropping the cat.