PDA

View Full Version : It's 3:00 am and as I wake up I'm thinking

Ash
7/10/2007, 04:09 AM
the damn invasion is happening. Half a dozen or so loud pops outside my house - who the hell is shootin' up the place?! As my foggy head wakes up I then start thinking it was power flashes. It's stormin' pretty hard outside so I turn on the TV trying to get a weather report.

In my sleepy state I can't work the damn remote right in the dark - first, Telemundo, there's Christie Brinkley working out, some lady selling necklaces, jeebus where the hell's the weather report?

When I finally get to a local channel nothing serious seems to be going on, then a few more loud pops - this time I'm awake to see the bright flashes of light that come with them. I can't see what the hell's going on from my house - maybe a transformer? lightning strikes?

Power's going on and off. I call the electric company only to hold for about 15 minutes before some guy comes on and simply tells me "yeah, we're getting a bunch of calls from Norman. Thank you." click

Oh well, guess nothing to worry about. I mean it's perfectly fine to have a part of the electrical system exploding on your block during a pretty intense thunder storm. Well, **** it -- guess I won't worry about it. Except now I'm up and will get **** for sleep and be a ****ing dead head tomorrow at work.

Happy ****ing Tuesday morning.

yermom
7/10/2007, 04:13 AM
i've been up since 1:30 or so when i lost power

my battery backup always wakes me up

i went to log in just in time for my UPS to lose juice :mad:

yermom
7/10/2007, 04:14 AM
oh, and it's like 4:00 not 3:00 ;)

YWIA

Ash
7/10/2007, 04:22 AM
oh, and it's like 4:00 not 3:00 ;)

YWIA

:mad: smartass! ;)

This is one of the more intense electrical storms I've seen. When I went outside to see what was going on, it was almost continual lightning. Like a strobe light. Crazy shiite, man.