PDA

View Full Version : Sooner games on DVD...

CatfishSooner
7/9/2007, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know how I could get copies of OU games from this upcoming season on DVD so I can send them to a buddy thats stationed in Iraq?

Thanks... :)

D-Sweet
7/9/2007, 05:14 PM
If you have the right equipment, you could tape them, import into your computer and burn to DVD (this would require a DV camera and basic DV editing software).

KantoSooner
7/10/2007, 02:29 AM
you know, this is ridiculous. Your method would work. I asked and someone suggested a tivo and slingbox and that would work. Why, oh why, though, doesn't our University or conference make it a little easier to get the games? The best they could up with for me was to send me a DVD the Monday following the games.....for $350 a year.
Is there anyone we can talk to to get registered or something that we're out of the viewing area and then get a streaming feed, or something? it's frustrating.

D-Sweet
7/10/2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, the price they charge for game DVDs is insane. Maybe the relatively low production # pushes the cost up, but paying $25-$30 per game is nuts.

KantoSooner
7/10/2007, 08:23 PM
I don't know about your friend in the service, but I would be willing to go to the embassy and pay to have some sort of certificate made up that I don't live in any area covered by their marketing agreements. Hell, I'd even be willing to promise to watch ads for products I can't buy over here.

HTown77095
7/11/2007, 07:54 AM
When Tivo first came out, I recorded the games and transferred them onto DVD.
That turned out to be alot of trouble. And the quality was....meh.....

Now, I just record them straight to DVD, no editing. Just hit pause during the commercials. Comes out great. Then once you get your game recorded you can copy that to your hardrive, edit, and make more copies.

DVD recorders are dirt cheap these days. You can get a nice one for about $130 at best buy. And the price of DVD-R discs are cheap also. The other day I bought a pack and it came out to about $1 per DVD.

CatfishSooner
7/11/2007, 01:11 PM
thanks!

MiccoMacey
7/11/2007, 01:21 PM
When I was over there (oh no...another war story from MiccoMacey :)), I was worried about missing the entre 2003 season.

As luck would have it, I missed the Tulsa game, but was home in time to watch the Alabama game. And cry when I saw Michael Thompson catch the fake punt (I will ALWAYS find a way to put his play into a thread whenever I get a chance :)).