PDA

View Full Version : Another sick pup

BajaOklahoma
7/9/2007, 01:44 PM
A good friend has a 10 month old Sheepie (think the original Shaggy Dog) that has been fighting a Staph infection for 6 months. Tucker has been through lots of meds which were able to control it, but not cure it.

He started on the last two antibiotic options out there for the MRSA (drug resistant Staph) the middle of last week. By Friday, he was running a temp of 106. The vets were able to stabilize him and we thought things were getting better. My friend spoke to the vet this morning and it was looking pretty good.

Unfortunately, by 11:30 this morning, his temp is back up and it isn't looking too good. She is going to go see him and may have to make a very hard decision.
Any thoughts and prayers you can spare would be appreciated.

And let your vets know that it has moved to pets now. I am very worried about this.

proud gonzo
7/9/2007, 01:45 PM
aww, that sucks :(

TopDaugIn2000
7/9/2007, 01:50 PM
oh man, that really stinks.

doggie health insurance isn't sounding so silly these days.....

StoopTroup
7/9/2007, 02:30 PM
A HS friend of mine had two shaggys.

They were awesome.

Keeping them groomed...that was another thing.

I hope your dog doesn't suffer to much.

Good thoughts sent your way for a recovery.

Norman Sooner
7/9/2007, 02:33 PM
Has it had its shots, rumor has it that it is a good thing for dogs..Especially that distemper shot...I feel the pain though......

MamaMia
7/9/2007, 04:44 PM
I said a prayer. :(

BajaOklahoma
7/9/2007, 06:09 PM
Still no word on Tucker. I don't know what that means that this point. I hoping that he is better and she's just afraid to say anything.

ST, we also have two Sheepies. I do their grooming, except for trimming their nails. I just can't do that for some reason. I keep them in their long coat. They love the comb-outs.

Tailwind
7/9/2007, 10:49 PM
Poor puppie! I hope he gets betterr.