PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bulls

AggieTool
7/8/2007, 10:35 PM
Can someone please explain to me exactly what the purpose of these dogs are?

We just had another kid mauled this weekend by someone's "pet".

I beginning to think these dogs have an "in-bred" propensity to attack regardless of how they're "trained" not to.

And it always seems the most socially "challenged" individuals seem to desire the company of these lovely animals.

Soonerus
7/8/2007, 10:36 PM
You want some controvery...a pit bull is akin to a pickup truck...I am sure that will be popular on this site...but true...

olevetonahill
7/8/2007, 10:42 PM
Heres My take
They are some of the greatest and lovingest dogs , Just DONT pizz em off !:eek:
If your gonna own one Be ready to put it down , cause it aint a matter of IF its a simple matter of WHEN your gonna have to . Ive owned 2 will never have another . Cause they are sweet hearts till pizzed, I fall in love with em then have to kill em . Aint happenin No Mo :mad:

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 10:44 PM
So Vet...

Are you saying pitbulls are like Wives? ;)

AggieTool
7/8/2007, 10:44 PM
You want some controvery...a pit bull is akin to a pickup truck...I am sure that will be popular on this site...but true...

Kinda ironic then isn't it?

A forum dedicated to COLLEGE football....

Yet I'll wager most pit bull owners never set foot on any campus other than to watch a game.

Jimminy Crimson
7/8/2007, 10:47 PM
It's the owners, not the dogs.

A chihuahua can kill someone.

So can a doberman.

Melo
7/8/2007, 10:48 PM
Let me share a story:

When I was working as a burger b*tch at Jack in my crack, a young, nice looking black man came through the drive through. He spoke well, smiled, was quite good looking, etc. He finally pulled up in the window, and I noticed his dog. I told the man his total, and the man handed over the money. The dogs eyes did NOT leave me, even as I pulled my hand into the store. I got the mans change, still being stared at, and almost ****ed myself when I handed the man his change. The pit didnt do a thing, but the intensity with which he stared... *shudder*

Like vet said, the dogs are sweethearts. Ive fallen in love with a couple with myself. A good friend of mine had two of them, and they were wonderful loving animals. But just like Vet said, I wouldnt EVER want to **** one of them off or do anything to threaten that dogs mamma or dad.

olevetonahill
7/8/2007, 10:49 PM

So can a doberman.
Sorry bro but that is the MOST asinine statement Ive ever heard .

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 10:50 PM

So can a doberman.

I think if I shoot a chihuahua with a .410 single shot shotgun, it's going down.

I'd rather have a 12 guage pump with an angry pit around.

I'm just sayin'....

Unless the chihuahua was on roids.

AggieTool
7/8/2007, 10:53 PM

So can a doberman.

Having worked with military working dogs before, I can tell you that you have to train a Doberman to be dangerous.

They're closer to a greyhounds than anything.

Pits alway seem to "snap" and become thoughtless machines that won't stop. And they always seem to "snap" after good training by the owners.

If you get your *** whooped by a chihuahua, then please post on the Aggie forum.:D

Soonerus
In all due respect, I think I can kick a Chihuahua's arse...

olevetonahill
So Vet...

Are you saying pitbulls are like Wives? ;)
No like Ex wives Lawyers ! :D

Sooner_Bob
7/8/2007, 10:57 PM
Weren't pits bred to chase small burrowing animals during hunts or something?

olevetonahill
7/8/2007, 10:58 PM
Having worked with military working dogs before, I can tell you that you have to train a Doberman to be dangerous.

They're closer to a greyhounds than anything.

Pits alway seem to "snap" and become thoughtless machines that won't stop. And they always seem to "snap" after good training by the owners.

If you get your *** whooped by a chihuahua, then please post on the Aggie forum.:D
LMFAO
Dayum I had to green spek an aggie :eek:

yermom
7/8/2007, 11:03 PM

what the **** does that mean?

i think the aggie is a lot closer to reality than you are...

i'm no fan of the Pit, but any dog can have a bad temperment, the problem is that they aren't always so freaking powerful

olevetonahill
7/8/2007, 11:06 PM
what the **** does that mean?

i think the aggie is a lot closer to reality than you are...

i'm no fan of the Pit, but any dog can have a bad temperment, the problem is that they aren't always so freaking powerful
Dayum an aggie is smarter than Russ ? Go figuer :D

Rogue
7/9/2007, 05:42 AM

You thinking of dachshunds?

Pitbulls are a bad combination of impulsivity and aggression. As dogs go they aren't near the smart end of the spectrum either. Bred to fight and that's what they do. If a fighting dog isn't "game" that is shows fear or won't fight at some point they are killed and not bred. So, through a few years of dumbasss (rather than "natural") selection they are very aggressive. How many times have we heard, or known, the beloved family pet that went bonkers? Almost always a pit. I don't blame the dogs, I blame the bad breeders and fighting fans. They aren't useful for anything else which is why you don't see military, police, hunters, ranchers, or anyone that would use a working dog use a pitbull for anything. They can't be trusted. It's a damn shame really.

swardboy
7/9/2007, 06:58 AM
First question when we were changing insurance companies on our homeowners insurance last year: "Do you own a pit bull or a rottweiler?" I'm inclined to believe these dogs are a "different breed." One township near me has outlawed them.

Scott D
7/9/2007, 08:36 AM
well sward, like Rogue said, they've been misbred as fighting dogs only, so despite training there are still chances that it will revert to the characteristics that have been forcefully bred into the current generations.

as for rotties, that's more of a training issue than anything. Almost every rottie I've known have been among the friendliest and playful dogs I've ever known.

Truthfully, the biggest problems including the township you mention is that they are rife with dumbass people who shouldn't be allowed to procreate, having children whom taunt and tease a dog that is fenced in..because it's "safe" because of the fence. One day the dog might happen to get out of the fence, or be on a leash....guess who it happens to see riding a bike nearby. Yep...dumbass kid from ma and pa dumbass, and the kid steps it up by being dumb enough to taunt the dog while it's out, and the dog can "fight back". Unfortunately our legal system only seems to recognize that the dog owner is at fault because they didn't keep the dog contained in the yard, rather than the parent being at fault because they couldn't keep their babymaking abilities contained in their pants.

Not saying all situations are like that, plenty where bad dog gets out and does damage, but nowhere near as many situations as the media tries to make it out to be.

TopDaugIn2000
7/9/2007, 08:58 AM
so lately at the norman dog park several owners have started bring their pit bulls out to "play". one is fine. but once 3 or 4 show up they form a pack, I'm not kidding. as do the owners, standing around talking about all of the "unfair" laws against pits, and how they're gonna sue the city if they outlaw them and such. at that point, Lucy and I load up and head to the house. I don't want them to form a gang and take us all out. Some can be REALLY sweet, but I don't trust em. ESPECIALLY in groups.

TopDaugIn2000
7/9/2007, 08:59 AM
and my chihuahua can kick anyones ***.

Scott D
7/9/2007, 09:03 AM
I'm as afraid of your rat as a female is of losing their virginity to SicEm. :D

StoopTroup
7/9/2007, 09:06 AM
Even chihuahuas won't drink Zima.

JohnnyMack
7/9/2007, 09:07 AM
JohnnyMack = Hitler

Pit Bulls = The Jews

If I had my way.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 02:43 PM
Now they're sexually assaulting toddlers! :eek:

LOCKPORT: Pitbull attacks toddler
By April Amadon/[email protected]
The Tonawanda News
Lockport police are investigating an apparent attack by a pit bull on a small boy.

The 2-year-old is recovering at Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo after police say he was attacked and sexually assaulted by his family’s pit bull.

Police said the toddler was in his home on Washburn Street about 2 p.m. Sunday when the pill bull attacked. According to police, the dog sodomized the boy.

“The dog sexually attacked the kid and caused some pretty significant injuries,” said Lockport Police Detective Capt. Larry Eggert.

Eggert said the boy’s family members, who were reportedly home at the time, and neighbors had to beat the dog to get him off the boy.

The dog has been impounded at the Niagara County SPCA in Wheatfield as the investigation continues. Eggert said a veterinarian will be brought in to take DNA samples from the dog.

“(The vet will) compare DNA taken from the boy to kind of verify it happened,” Eggert said.

Eggert said everyone involved in the case was shocked by the bizarre incident.

“I have never, ever heard of an assault quite like that,” Eggert said.

Niagara County SPCA Executive Director Al Chille said this case is an unusual one.

“I have had reports of adults having (sexual) relationships with animals, but not anything like that,” he said. “The majority of the calls we receive with regards to pit bulls are bite calls, not calls of this nature. We get a considerably large number of those (bite calls) from all over the county.”

The dog was a 2-year-old pit bull that had been with the family since it was a puppy, Eggert said. Sunday’s incident was the first time the family had any problems with the dog being aggressive or biting, he said.

The boy underwent surgery on Sunday night and may need more reconstructive surgery in the future, Eggert said.

Sunday saw two dog attacks

The attack was one of two that occurred Sunday involving pit bulls.

The owner of a pit bull on Willow Street was charged after her dog reportedly attacked another dog on Sunday.

Bobbie L. Mael, 51, 544 Willow St., was charged Sunday with having a dog at large. Witnesses said Mael’s 7-year-old pit bull, Lana, attacked 7-year-old Bailey, a Labrador mix, in a neighboring yard.

A neighbor told police he saw Lana coming toward his home, growling at him. The pit bull heard Bailey barking nearby and went after it, the report said.

The Labrador’s owner said he had to hit the pit bull with a hockey stick to break the hold it had on his dog’s neck.

Officers arrived on the scene and saw the pit bull standing near the curb with blood visible around its mouth. In the nearby yard, the Labrador was “visually upset,” the report said, with blood drops on its fur.

The pit bull was grabbed and placed in the back of the patrol car. Mael is due today in Lockport City Court.

Chille said pit bulls are notorious for being aggressive, though that may not be true of all pit bulls.

“The majority of calls we get either are aggressive pit bulls or people that perceive the pit bulls are aggressive,” he said. “There’s a natural fear of the breed.”

In his 27 years working with the SPCA, he said he’s seen many dog breeds become feared in society — including spaniels, German shepherds and rottweilers.

“Each one of the dogs had its day,” he said.

The problem is not with the breed itself, Chille said, but rather the manner in which the dog is raised. A pit bull raised in a loving atmosphere since puppyhood “could be a fine dog,” he said.

He recommends people be wary and avoid leaving small children alone with any breed of dog, not just those notorious for being aggressive, and to make sure dogs are spayed or neutered.

All animals that leave the SPCA for adoption are required to be spayed or neutered.

“If they would neuter them, I think it would take a lot of the fight out of them,” Chille said.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/local/local_story_191114137.html

usmc-sooner
7/12/2007, 03:04 PM
the only problem with pitbulls are the owners that keep inbreeding them. Any breed gets a little crazy when it's inbred a few generations.

Personally the meanest breeds I've been around are German Shepards, Blue Heelers, and Chows

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2007, 03:23 PM
I grew up around german shepards, back in the day when they had a lot of german in them. Not these little skinny things you see today. They are IMO, a family protector. I never seen them turn on any of my family, not even a growel. However, if'n a stranger walked up our drive....they would let them know real quick, LEAVE! My brother and dad both have blue healers & both dogs are mean as hell when you first walk up to them. Chow's...meh, I hadn't seen one I couldn't punt.

yermom
7/12/2007, 03:25 PM
i always hear about Chows biting kids

the only Blue Heeler i've been around was cool as hell

of course, one of the best dogs i've known was half Chow. of course, the other half was Black Lab though

Beef
7/12/2007, 03:28 PM
My dogs will kick any dog's ***.

<<<<<<<<Especially this one. Bat **** crazy.

TexasSooner01
7/12/2007, 03:38 PM
I have a 4 year old ABPT (american pit bull terrier), she is the best dog i have ever had with the exception of the Chow i had when i was a child. Bambi (yes her name is Bambi) is a wonderful dog! She is Queen of her Castle.

I have only seen Bambi get "mean" once, when someone tried to break into our house and the perp broke the window. Well Bambi met him there and finished breaking the window to get at him. The perp got away but nothing was stolen from the house.

When you own a pit you have to learn about the breed and be a responsible dog owner. For instance, Bambi is not ever allowed in the front yard w/o a leash on & she is never EVER left alone with the kids. No dog should ever be left alone with a small child. My brother was attacked by a Beagle when we were kids. Any breed of dog can attack.

It dont help the breed that twits are breeding them and using them to fight. then those same twits let these fighting machines run the roads and people/kids/other dogs/etc...get attacked and killed. Knowing that people purposley do this saddens me, Bambi is so loving and sweet...how can those people sleep at night?

Partial Qualifier
7/12/2007, 05:10 PM
Any animal which requires a heavy-gauge chain for a leash and cannot be left alone with children lest the kids be eaten is not a good pet.

I've seen firsthand how vicious pit bulls can be. Rotts get a bad rap - the females are some of the best dogs ever. The males will scare the **** out of you but they won't clamp down on your neck for two hours. Or bite your arm off. Or gang up to kill you just because they can.

It's ****ing ridiculous that pit bulls are legal anywhere in the U.S. ...just my opinion

Beagles.

usmc-sooner
7/12/2007, 05:16 PM
Here's a list of the dogs who attack humans (with fatalities) the most and they are in order pit bulls, Rottweilers, German shepherds, huskies, Alaskan malamutes, Doberman pinschers, chows, Great Danes, St. Bernards and Akitas.

Pit bull attacks make up a 1/3 of the fatalities.

Mjcpr
7/12/2007, 05:19 PM
Doggy-style?

usmc-sooner
7/12/2007, 05:21 PM
Ted Kennedy has killed more people than most pit bulls.

:D

sanantoniosooner
7/12/2007, 05:43 PM
Pit Bulls suck. I don't care how nice one was at one time.

If you trust one around your children you should be spayed or neutered.

GrapevineSooner
7/12/2007, 05:51 PM
Rotts get a bad rap - the females are some of the best dogs ever.
Best dog we ever had was a Rotty-Chow mix female.

Only threat she posed to anyone was licking them to death or knocking them over to run inside whenever it started to rain outside.

As for Pit Bull owners, they can go to hell for all I care.