PDA

View Full Version : Damn cashier!

Penguin
7/8/2007, 03:22 PM
I went to the local stop and rob and bought about $21 worth of junk. So, the only money that I had was from my visit with the ATM.

So, I give him 2 $20's. I get $18 and change, right? No. This totally blew his mind. He had no idea what to do. So, finally I said I won't buy these 2 candy bars and it knocked it back down to under $20. He could handle that.

Of course, he tried to grab both my $20's anyway, but I stopped him right there.

Total incompetence. I hope I don't let this ruin my day. I've already had a crappy weekend. I would like to salvage today.

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 03:28 PM
There is a reason he wasn't buying stuff from you.

BajaOklahoma
7/8/2007, 03:55 PM
He is a product of the "New Math" that tejas started teaching about 9 years ago. Great idea, wasn't it?

yermom
7/8/2007, 04:03 PM
if everyone grew up playing poker like i did, this would not be a problem ;)

AlbqSooner
7/8/2007, 06:01 PM
He is a product of the "New Math" that tejas started teaching about 9 years ago. Great idea, wasn't it?
It goes back farther than that. Ten years ago I was teaching a group of wannabes to deal Blackjack. One lady, who had a couple of years of college could not add the cards. I asked her if she ever took any math. She said of course she did. I asked how she got through it. They always had calculators in the math classes she took.:confused:

Tulsa_Fireman
7/8/2007, 06:01 PM
if everyone grew up playing poker like i did, this would not be a problem

Exactly.

If it wasn't for snaking folks at 3 card monty on the mean streets of Midwest City, Oklahoma, I'd never have the counting skills I have today.

MamaMia
7/8/2007, 06:02 PM
Women are better with cashier math.

Rogue
7/8/2007, 07:40 PM
I tell ya if one more Kroger checker-outer smashes my stuff with the conveyor belt gizmo I'm gonna wig-out completely. Wednesday it was the lettuce getting run over by some beer. Friday it was my chips getting squished by the rotisserie chicken. AND the GDMFSOB'N chicken got tipped over and half of the good juices ran all over. Damn checker-outer d00d acted like he was disgusted to try to pick it up. I double-bagged it myself and left in a huff. Probably some pansyass vegetarian that likes to run over people's stuff with the conveyor thingy. If I wasn't buyin' beer I'd-a gone through the self-checker-outer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ash
7/8/2007, 09:57 PM
While passing through Watonga on bidness once, the only cash I had on hand was a $100 (used up small change earlier...long story). You would have thought that I was on the verge of crashing the town's economy. Total chaos and panic by the two cashiers as they figured out what to do with it (keep in mind, this wasn't one of those places with signs out telling you not to pay with anything more than a $20). It soon spread to the line of people behind me as business stopped dead for what seemed like 20 minutes.

Sooner24
7/8/2007, 10:16 PM
While passing through Watonga on bidness once, the only cash I had on hand was a $100 (used up small change earlier...long story). You would have thought that I was on the verge of crashing the town's economy. Total chaos and panic by the two cashiers as they figured out what to do with it (keep in mind, this wasn't one of those places with signs out telling you not to pay with anything more than a $20). It soon spread to the line of people behind me as business stopped dead for what seemed like 20 minutes.

Did they put your picture in the local paper? :D

Ash
7/8/2007, 10:19 PM
Did they put your picture in the local paper? :D

Heh. No. If anything they probably thought it was fake but didn't know what to do about. When they finally decided to go ahead and give me change back...that was the really difficult part.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/8/2007, 10:39 PM
Why the hell are you men shopping? That's women's work.

mdklatt
7/8/2007, 10:41 PM
I went to the local stop and rob and bought about $21 worth of junk. So, the only money that I had was from my visit with the ATM.

So, I give him 2 $20's. I get $18 and change, right? No. This totally blew his mind. He had no idea what to do. So, finally I said I won't buy these 2 candy bars and it knocked it back down to under $20. He could handle that.

Didn't the cash register calculate the change for him?

Penguin
7/9/2007, 04:17 AM
Didn't the cash register calculate the change for him?

No, because he never punched it in. He just froze.

BajaOklahoma
7/9/2007, 08:06 AM
Well, it's your fault for not anticipating the actual cost and having exact change. :D

Scott D
7/9/2007, 08:40 AM

hah, on my way to San Antonio back in May, we stopped in Joplin, MO for gas, oil change, and lunch. At the fast food establishment next door to the oil change place I tried to pay for lunch with a $50. The cashier asked me if I had anything smaller (I didn't) and told me that I'd probably want to keep the roll of cash in my hand out of sight while in Joplin. I told her we'd be out of town in less than 15 minutes anyway.

I gave her a tip for that tip...and yes Joplin seems like a dump.

Ash
7/9/2007, 09:22 AM
hah, on my way to San Antonio back in May, we stopped in Joplin, MO for gas, oil change, and lunch. At the fast food establishment next door to the oil change place I tried to pay for lunch with a $50. The cashier asked me if I had anything smaller (I didn't) and told me that I'd probably want to keep the roll of cash in my hand out of sight while in Joplin. I told her we'd be out of town in less than 15 minutes anyway.

I gave her a tip for that tip...and yes Joplin seems like a dump.

LOL

and I agree with your assessment of Joplin. :D