PDA

View Full Version : English Sparrow Mint

MamaMia
7/8/2007, 11:06 AM
I need some English Sparrow Mint seeds. Do any of y'all live in England? :)

Flagstaffsooner
7/8/2007, 12:00 PM
Sparrows come from eggs not seeds.

Soonrboy
7/8/2007, 12:22 PM
I have some Spanish Sparrow mint seed.

MamaMia
7/8/2007, 03:27 PM
I can not believe that in this day and age the entire group of you people cant put your heads together and scare me up some English Sparrow Mint seeds. No mint juleps for you! :P

BajaOklahoma
7/8/2007, 03:53 PM
I have been to 5 of my favorite seed sites and not found English Sparrow Mint. :(
If you plant seeds now, you won't have enough leaves to make the Juleps for months. Go get 5 or 6 good looking spearmint plants and plant them so they get lots of sun. Come back in one week and you should have enough leaves for everyone to have Juleps.

sooner_born_1960
7/8/2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&SearchText=mentha&mainPage=textsearchresults&RequestType=NewRequest&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=submit&cid=ppp000524&
english spearmint (Mentha spicata)

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 04:07 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Take 1 table-spoonful of white pulverized sugar.
1/2 table-spoonfuls of water, mix well with a spoon.
1 1/2 wine-glass full of brandy.
Take three or four sprigs of fresh mint, and press them well in the sugar and water, until the flavor of the mint is extracted ; add the brandy, and fill the glass with fine shaved ice, then draw out the sprigs of mint and insert them in the ice with the stems downward, so that the leaves will be above, in the shape of a bouquet; arrange berries, and small pieces of sliced orange on top in a tasty manner, dash with Jamaica rum, and serve with a straw.

Whiskey Julep. (Use large bar-glass.) The whiskey julep is made the same as the mint julep, omitting all fruits and berries.

MamaMia
7/8/2007, 04:20 PM
I have been to 5 of my favorite seed sites and not found English Sparrow Mint. :(
If you plant seeds now, you won't have enough leaves to make the Juleps for months. Go get 5 or 6 good looking spearmint plants and plant them so they get lots of sun. Come back in one week and you should have enough leaves for everyone to have Juleps.
I already have some peppermint and even some chocolate mint. I know the chocolate mint wont do at all. My mint julep recipe from Granny's recipe box calls for English sparrow mint and her mint juleps were so good. She use to grow this mint in her greenhouse. I wish I would have harvested the seed. I cant even figure out which would be closer, spearmint or the peppermint. There's such a big difference between the two that I was just trying to play it safe and grow my own English Sparrow .

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&SearchText=mentha&mainPage=textsearchresults&RequestType=NewRequest&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=submit&cid=ppp000524&
english spearmint (Mentha spicata) Thats a really fun site. I found all kinds of goodies. Thank you. :)