PDA

View Full Version : I am not pro-war or anti-war because I cannot figure it out...but...

Soonerus
7/7/2007, 10:10 PM
...I am so tired of hearing daily of all of the death occurring in Iraq...

Soonerus
7/7/2007, 10:28 PM
100 killed today...

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2007, 11:06 PM
100 iraqis

olevetonahill
7/7/2007, 11:07 PM
...I am so tired of hearing daily of all of the death occurring in Iraq...
Turn Off ur hearing aid ! duh

Soonerus
7/7/2007, 11:08 PM
Sorry, I am incapable of doing that....

Soonerus
7/7/2007, 11:19 PM
ok

olevetonahill
7/7/2007, 11:35 PM
ok
Huh ? I cant hear ya I turned mine off :D

OklahomaTuba
7/8/2007, 01:11 AM
Is this a new thing for this war? I don't recall if the Gulf War, Vietnam, Korea, WW2, etc had this level of attention to the overall casuality count like this one has.

1stTimeCaller
7/8/2007, 01:14 AM
how many people died on our highways and roads today?

SCOUT
7/8/2007, 01:41 AM
how many people died on our highways and roads today?

I did a quick Google search and found this

On average, 119 people are killed in car crashes each day, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. That totals 43,443 deaths in a single year.
http://greensboro.injuryboard.com/car-accidents/car-accidents-claim-more-than-43000-lives-every-year.php

OklahomaTuba
7/8/2007, 01:44 AM
Somewhere, Bushhilter is laughing from his throne of skulls, plotting even more auto accidents.

yermom
7/8/2007, 01:58 AM
Is this a new thing for this war? I don't recall if the Gulf War, Vietnam, Korea, WW2, etc had this level of attention to the overall casuality count like this one has.

i'm fairly sure Gulf War I and Vietnam had media attention similar to this, but the advances of technology gives us faster updates

now i'm not really sure where the American public's need to know and the media's need to generate outrage stop and start though

Rogue
7/8/2007, 05:59 AM
Somewhere, Bushhilter is laughing from his throne of skulls, plotting even more auto accidents.

OK, I'm laughing at your post...and it's not even out of disgust or condescending liberal elitism. That was just funnier'n hell and well-timed! Good on ya, Tuba!

Did I just say that?

AlbqSooner
7/8/2007, 06:10 AM
It is not a new thing. During Vietnam, the evening news always included a video of fighting and an updated body count. Eventually, the veracity of the body count became a major issue for Westmoreland.

jk the sooner fan
7/8/2007, 07:10 AM
can you imagine if the media reported D-day and the rest of the european invasion like they do today?

GottaHavePride
7/8/2007, 12:34 PM
can you imagine if the media reported D-day and the rest of the european invasion like they do today?

Heh.

On the other hand, I don't think there were any preachers claiming Pearl Harbor was God's way of punishing us for our sins.

Can I throw in a big F U to Fred Phelps here?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/8/2007, 02:49 PM
i'm fairly sure Gulf War I and Vietnam had media attention similar to this, but the advances of technology gives us faster updates

now i'm not really sure where the American public's need to know and the media's need to generate outrage stop and start thoughYou must be on a conservative diet these days.

TAFBSooner
7/8/2007, 05:19 PM
. . .
Can I throw in a big F U to Fred Phelps here?

And all the people said Amen!

My brother lost his stepson in Baghdad on 21 June. Those people were across the street and down a bit from the church, surrounded by a fair number of OKC's finest.

I believe in the First Amendment, but isn't a punch in the snoot a covered form of expression?

TAFBSooner
7/8/2007, 05:21 PM

They can't.

In WWII, the press reported the progress being made in the war as well as the casualty figures.

yermom
7/8/2007, 05:25 PM
You must be on a conservative diet these days.

hey, i can see BS no matter who it comes from, the Bush administration is just as likely to make me ill as HRC is, just depends on the issue

i really hate the news people most of the time. if they could show you the dead bodies with the names and family interviews for each person killed, they would, only taking breaks to show you where Paris Hilton's cooch was last seen